Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
are you going to the Hobbit in costume.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: are you going to the Hobbit in costume.
Yes
No
Maybe
View Results (80 votes)

Patty
Immortal

Jul 29 2011, 11:24pm

Post #26 of 39 (348 views)
Shortcut
Hey, now that's a good idea... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll wear my Laketown Archery shirt.

Gollum the Great
Rohan

Jul 30 2011, 12:49am

Post #27 of 39 (379 views)
Shortcut
I beg to differ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't come from a very big town, and I'm quite comfortable not looking "normal," as you put it. There's nothing wrong with dressing up like a hobbit, so what do I care what others think?

Cracked many will be on that opening night, and young me here, I'm crackin'! Smile

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jul 30 2011, 3:03am

Post #28 of 39 (382 views)
Shortcut
There's an idea [In reply to] Can't Post

I probably won't where a costume... though if I go with a group of friends anything's possible

but I like the TORn shirt idea
and it will be winter, so I could the cloak that I made. Not particularly costume-y but in the same vibe Smile

Patty
Immortal

Jul 30 2011, 10:15am

Post #29 of 39 (406 views)
Shortcut
I wore one of my TORn shirts to the Fellowship EE blu-ray promotion at the theater-- [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got so many that I don't remember which one.Crazy Although, as I said, the Lake Town Archery Club shirt will be perfect for The Hobbit. Unless an even better one comes out before the movie is released. TORn certainly takes care of my sartorial splendor.Wink

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jul 30 2011, 9:34pm

Post #30 of 39 (329 views)
Shortcut
I'll have my Gandalf the Grey costume repaired by then... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wanted to do the EE's in theatres that way but with the trip to Ohio I just couldn't scrape the ducats to repair it so since I have until NEXT Dec to do it and the school I hope to enroll my son in has a Juliard grad for a theatre teacher I'm SURE I can have my very good costume in full repair by then! SmileHeart

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jul 30 2011, 9:37pm

Post #31 of 39 (317 views)
Shortcut
Read the Sil, dearie... [In reply to] Can't Post

it tells why she left! Tongue

Yeah, I know! But still, she was a rebel for certain but we also know just how protective she was of her hair! Wink

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jul 30 2011, 9:39pm

Post #32 of 39 (342 views)
Shortcut
"It's just a JUMP to the left!"// [In reply to] Can't Post

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2011, 9:29am

Post #33 of 39 (423 views)
Shortcut
If I feel like it...... [In reply to] Can't Post

......I will grow a beard over summer, and try to beat the beards in the movie, which ironically might be possible ;) Then I'll try and find Dwarvenesque clothes, Boots, and maybe make a makeshift axe!! (I doubt it though)

Freya Baggins
The Shire

Aug 2 2011, 2:58pm

Post #34 of 39 (317 views)
Shortcut
Most likely.... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I haven't got a dang clue who to go as. I'm hobbit-sized but want to go as a time-frame-accurate character... maybe Lobilia Sackville-Baggins? *considers*

irreality
Bree

Aug 2 2011, 2:59pm

Post #35 of 39 (326 views)
Shortcut
Maybe? [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't say I thought about it until just now. I have a cloak type thing that would be appropriate for a winter showing, maybe I could make one of those knitted Ori hoods. I used to have a fake-fur-lined suede coat that looked like Kili's, but it fell apart last year, so no dice on that.

That said, I'd probably not do anything too obvious, or my not-as-geeky friends might refuse to go see the movie with me!

LittleTook
The Shire

Aug 3 2011, 5:24pm

Post #36 of 39 (299 views)
Shortcut
To the premiere [In reply to] Can't Post

I plan on wearing a Hobbit lass outfit I made, but the next few times I go to watch it I'll alternate between the few TORn shirts I have, like the Hobbit themed Lousy T-Shirt and the Laketown Archery Club shirt. Don't know how my winter boots are going to look with the Hobbit outfit, though! Can't go freezing off my toesies while I attempt to be first in line!

irishpotato34
The Shire

Aug 11 2011, 2:53am

Post #37 of 39 (257 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't get the chance to dress up any other times and these could be the last chances I have! I'm going to pressure my friends to join me xD

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Aug 11 2011, 11:37pm

Post #38 of 39 (486 views)
Shortcut
agree with you GtG [In reply to] Can't Post

my costume been pushed back to 2013 though... (with school my finances are shot)...

maybe I'll pick up a Laketown Archery shirt for HAUJ and if I come across a hat like Bofur's I'll wear that too... :)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 30 2011, 10:10pm

Post #39 of 39 (198 views)
Shortcut
You bet! [In reply to] Can't Post

I went to Harry Potter as Trelawney and the last LotR Marathon in my hobbity gammer costume. I'll probably make one exclusively from The Hobbit! Maybe as a lady dwarf :D

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.