Dec 28 2006, 3:40am
Post #1 of 1
The Off-Topic board is for discussion of pretty much anything that doesn’t fit on the other boards, including:
Welcome to Off Topic
- Current events
- Non-LOTR/Tolkien movies, books and music
- Fun/interesting articles & pictures
- Updates on the careers of LOTR cast and crew
- Your personal life events (TORn anniversary; your birthday - please include a mathom (use the "Search Posts" function above to search for "mathom" on the OT board for examples; etc.) - please don't post about another TORn user without their permission
Regular, established threads that condense topics for discussion include:
- "What movies have you been watching?" (Monday)
- "What books have you been reading?" (Wednesday)
- Fiesta Friday (Friday, of course ) - our primary socializing thread where we share what's been going on in our RLs and generally have a nice chat
- "Get to know your TORNsibs" - occasional threads usually started by Kelvarhin or Ataahua, but anyone can start these. Use the "Search Posts" function (top of page) for examples
Note on political discussions: it is the wish of TORn's founders that the site be a politics-free haven for Tolkien and LOTR fans. Rarely, exceptions will be made only here on the Off-topic board and only if the conversation stays 100% respectful of everyone's right to have their own view and adheres to our Terms of Service rule #3:
3. Posts containing racial, ethnic, religious, political, sexual or other slurs, personal attacks (on a TORn user or other person) intentional attempts to drive posters away or make them feel unwelcome, or posts made with the purpose of criticizing or insulting another poster will be removed.
If political discussions become overly contentious or insulting to other users, they may be subject to editing and/or deletion, and/or allowing political posts here may be discontinued.
Finally, please take threads that start turning into long conversations (15 or more posts) between only two people to Private Messages, email or our Barliman's chatroom. Threads that turn into chats may be locked by the Admins.
Thanks, and enjoy!
(This post was edited by Altaira on Dec 4 2010, 8:37pm)