New Post by PJ on Facebook
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

bookgirl13
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 5:07am

Post #101 of 332 (14768 views)
Shortcut
Downloading vids on a Mac [In reply to] Can't Post

Load up the webpage and the video, then go to Window: Activity.
Open up the Activity window, scroll down until you see a web object several MB in size (and increasing as the video downloads). Hold down Alt/Option key and double click it.
It should start downloading to your Downloads folder.

This sometimes doesn't work with Facebook, as they've occasionally embedded videos differently. It did for me with Diary #2, so I'm hoping that I can get this new one diect off Facebook. Otherwise, I'll grab it from YouTube the same way.

I was pleased to find out how to get videos on the Mac, without having to get a plugin.

reags
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 5:09am

Post #102 of 332 (14815 views)
Shortcut
That was amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love the action sequences, the look of Trollshaws and Gollum's cave, and the characters are coming ALIVE! Smile

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson."

TheGoblinKing
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 5:32am

Post #103 of 332 (14861 views)
Shortcut
This Is A Very Unique Film [In reply to] Can't Post

No other film in production gives this kind of up to date details and its just fantastic how we are getting to know characters and so on. Peter Jackson i think will be bigger then Lucas and i think when this comes to the screen it will be Harry Potter who Pirates Of The Caribbean what.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2011, 5:41am

Post #104 of 332 (14811 views)
Shortcut
Dwarf Colors [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure that in the film, to harken back to the EE Blu-ray of Fellowship of the Ring, they'll all be monochromatic shades of green.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 21 2011, 5:46am

Post #105 of 332 (14879 views)
Shortcut
Took special note of that too, did you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Little by little the way becomes clear. Lol. And the Christopher Lee moment!!!! Cool "Who was that strange little person?" LOL!

In Reply To
I wonder if that will be before, during or after the visit of Bilbo, Gandalf and the Dwarves. It seems she must be there for the meeting of the White Council, no?

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Snulle
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 6:12am

Post #106 of 332 (14810 views)
Shortcut
Holy (insert word here Altaira removed last time I got this excited!) [In reply to] Can't Post

This was amazing!

The dwarves look much better than I hoped. Only thing still bothering me is Kili and that annoying thing in Bifur's forehead.
Thorin looks soooo good in the video compared to the promotion still.

And the rest where to begin. Riddle in the dark, seeing Martin with Sting, Cate looks great. But the icing of the cake was Sir Lee in the end.
I'm so glad we will see him as Saruman again! Cool

pulpfiction16
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 6:17am

Post #107 of 332 (14922 views)
Shortcut
White Council [In reply to] Can't Post

Judging by 8:09 into the film, and that Sarumans set is a reproduction of it, albeit in green screen, (the chair he's sitting on is the same type as Gandalfs), I'll wager that Galadriel shows up while the dwarves are in Rivendell.

Shame they couldn't all shoot their scenes together at the same time, but, they're A-plus actors, so, I have no doubt it won't be noticeable.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2011, 6:21am

Post #108 of 332 (14925 views)
Shortcut
They look pretty different actually. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was surprised by how much they changed his costume. It's the same type of clothing, but the colors are drastically different. It's hard to tell from this particular shot, but I think Bilbo is wearing white under his jacket rather than the red waistcoat with the brass buttons seen in the LotR prologue.

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on Jul 21 2011, 6:23am)
Attachments: bilbo differences.jpg (15.6 KB)

Bound
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 6:32am

Post #109 of 332 (14693 views)
Shortcut
I'd imagine so... [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks to me that there will be a council in rivendell. Perhaps they've even left room from Christopher Lee to be put into those scenes..

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 6:38am

Post #110 of 332 (14676 views)
Shortcut
Ya' know... [In reply to] Can't Post

all this talk from PJ about not thinking he was ever going to make TH...wasn't his original original plan to do a trilogy: TH as the first film, and LotR as films 2 and 3, before he ended up settling on the later 2 films as a duology...then went back to a trilogy? Tongue

Also, anyone notice how Nori and Dwalin's voices at the end of video don't sound like Jed Brophy or Graham McTavish? Stunt doubles, perhaps?

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

Bound
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 6:41am

Post #111 of 332 (14744 views)
Shortcut
Pure Awesome... [In reply to] Can't Post

What can I say that hasn't been said already... Nothing really :)

The Dwarves lool really great on camera - even production diary quality camera....

Christopher Lee, Christopher Lee, Christopher Lee !!!!! I love that Peter flew to england to handle that scene personally. I would have put money that Andy might have directed those scenes but its a sign of pure class that he did. Poor C.Lee and Peter had a bumpy road at the release of Return Of The Ring that I think it's great that Pete did this one himself...

Too much to take it.. need to watch it again ...and then head to work, stupid work !! :)

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

angelocrator

Jul 21 2011, 7:07am

Post #112 of 332 (14718 views)
Shortcut
Chubby Peter [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like he's preparing for his cameo as a hobbit.

What a dedication!

Snulle
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 7:15am

Post #113 of 332 (14649 views)
Shortcut
Agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The Dwarves look really great on camera - even production diary quality camera....

Especially Thorin. Look at 12:02 into the video. For me this is a totally different Thorin from the promotion picture. Whatever doubts I had about him are now gone! Cool
I will probably change my mind about Kili eventually. After seeing him together with his double I got a sense it might work.

(This post was edited by Snulle on Jul 21 2011, 7:15am)

Nesse
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 7:18am

Post #114 of 332 (14698 views)
Shortcut
Awesome!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks PJ for the video blog, I loved it all from begining to end makes me even more excited about seeing the movie....if thats possible.

Snulle
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 7:32am

Post #115 of 332 (14687 views)
Shortcut
Trollshaw [In reply to] Can't Post

At 6:22 and on. Bombur with his soup ladle! Tongue Heart

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 7:35am

Post #116 of 332 (14835 views)
Shortcut
Those are the exact same two things that came to my mind... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Nori's hair - not so whacky, in fact, not whacky at all!
2. Kili - My mind was screaming all sorts of expletives because I couldn't believe how awesome Aidan Turner looked as a Dwarf (nothing at all like that pretty-boy promo pic).

I am such a happy man today Sly

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 7:41am

Post #117 of 332 (14708 views)
Shortcut
When I heard Gollum go "Bless us and splash us"... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I literally jumped out of my seat. Literally. I'm not kidding. I stood up... I did! It's EXACTLY how I've heard it said in my head all these years. I am wounded with pleasure right now Unimpressed

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 7:43am

Post #118 of 332 (14638 views)
Shortcut
You think they're just pulling our legs with that song? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't put it past them to have practiced the song solely for the video. They don't look like a particularly trustworthy bunch Cool

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 7:49am

Post #119 of 332 (14698 views)
Shortcut
You said it Patty! [In reply to] Can't Post

I admit I wasn't completely sold on all of the Dwarves based on the promo pics we saw. Luckily, I decided to reserve final judgement until I saw them in all their grimy, gritty action. And I'm glad I did.

I don't know why I ever doubted PJ Laugh

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2011, 7:55am

Post #120 of 332 (14628 views)
Shortcut
I noticed a better shot where you can see all of it. [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems that they almost reversed the colors of his jacket and waistcoat.

LotR: dark green jacket and red waistcoat

Hobbit: red-ish jacket and light green waistcoat

Nesse
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 7:57am

Post #121 of 332 (14718 views)
Shortcut
Kili.... [In reply to] Can't Post

doesnt look nearly as well groomed as the pic but he's still gonna make a major heart throb for the females...cant wait to see Orlando back in costume too even though I wasnt a big Legolas fan. I dont have a favourite they are all so different in personality and looks but by the end of the movie I'm sure we will all have a favourite. I can't wait to see the boards after the the movie gets released it will be awesome.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 7:57am

Post #122 of 332 (14614 views)
Shortcut
Oh my! I did not notice him wearing that cloak with the hood... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that is awesome! AWESOME I tell you Laugh

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 7:59am

Post #123 of 332 (14561 views)
Shortcut
I noticed that too! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's probably because the Trolls will be CGI characters that will be popped into the frames in post.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2011, 7:59am

Post #124 of 332 (14568 views)
Shortcut
There definitely seems to be more color. [In reply to] Can't Post

And most of them match the ones Tolkien described. They've just used them for their main pieces of clothing rather than their hoods/cloaks.

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 21 2011, 8:00am

Post #125 of 332 (14692 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant, just brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You see them all together, in costume and acting and suddenly it all falls into place...........

Riddles in the dark........

the unexpected party..........

RIVENDELL!! - Loved the new costumes (also Galadriel's hot water bottle and Gandalf's flat cap, which probably won't make it into the final film Wink )

Thorin has a Yorkshire accent...........

and SARUMAN!!!!

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.