New Post by PJ on Facebook
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Marillė by the Sea
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 3:40am

Post #76 of 332 (14901 views)
Shortcut
OMG I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This was SOOOO much better than the 2nd diary and all the photos combined!!!! Whatever reservations I had about ANY of the dwarves completely evaporated when I saw them interacting and just having fun. The only thing I was TRULY disappointed in is that they don't have their coloured hoods!! I was reaaally hoping they would since WETA made that Christmas card greeting for TORn with the dwarves in their hoods, but honestly I'm not THAT bummed out.. they look so good anyway!!

I can't wait for the frame-by-frame analysis Sly Going to take screenshots on my own and analyze them for now Laugh

Hamfast
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 3:43am

Post #77 of 332 (14840 views)
Shortcut
Did I notice more color [In reply to] Can't Post

on the dwarves costumes ? Or have I been enjoying this video with one too many beers in me...

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 3:45am

Post #78 of 332 (14883 views)
Shortcut
The hoods... [In reply to] Can't Post

if there are any, would be hanging up by the door, remember. They didn't wear them after they got inside. But I have to admit, it's looking increasingly like they may not bother with their best detachable party hoods for the movie.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

chrismortega
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 3:48am

Post #79 of 332 (14718 views)
Shortcut
sooo gooooood!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is amazing! Full walking talking dwarves, dwarves hanging out in Bag End, dwarves everywhere! A bit of a song. John Rhys-Davies (I cheered aloud when I saw him) on set. Bombur is fantastic! I actually laughed pretty hard when he was singing the song. I am starting to love the casting. So happy that I have this to look forward to. It's going to be bitter-sweet when it's all done and the Blu-ray is released and all the extra features have been watched. I don't even want to think about that! So much to look forward to now!

"It was deliberate, it was deliberate..."

chrismortega
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 3:51am

Post #80 of 332 (14885 views)
Shortcut
Colored Hoods [In reply to] Can't Post

If I'm not mistaken don't they hang their hoods up by the door when they walk in? They could still have their colored hoods. I have actually been thinking, maybe it's raining when they show up and they usually don't wear the hoods. I'd like to hope there is still a chance they make it in.

chrismortega
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 3:55am

Post #81 of 332 (14813 views)
Shortcut
Jackson is looking more and more hobbity [In reply to] Can't Post

...and I have no problem with that. Did anyone else notice the shorts? During the filming of LOTR he wore nothing but, but now it seems you rarely catch him in shorts.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jul 21 2011, 4:00am

Post #82 of 332 (14782 views)
Shortcut
Oh, so much to take in [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dwarves are wonderful, much better seeing them in action.

Did we see Figwit at Rivendell?

My heart literally skipped a beat when Sir Chris appeared at the end.

Salmar
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 4:01am

Post #83 of 332 (14824 views)
Shortcut
Try this for downloads... [In reply to] Can't Post

Found a way to download from facebook:

1. Go here:-
http://www.download-facebook-video.com/

2. Copy and paste ONE of the video links below into the search panel and click magnifying glass icon

3. A red title link will appear under the search panel. Right mouse click on it and select either "Save target as" or "Save link as" from the pop up.

repeat steps 1 to 3 for the other videos but insert the approproate link for step2.

Hope this helps.

=========================================================================
VIDEO LINKS TO PASTE INTO SEARCH PANEL
========================================================================

Video 1
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150223186041807

Video 2
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150314562706807

Video 3
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150326323406807&oid=141884481557&comments

(This post was edited by Salmar on Jul 21 2011, 4:04am)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 21 2011, 4:02am

Post #84 of 332 (14701 views)
Shortcut
The colors certainly looked more saturated to me in this video [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know if the photographs washed them out or the video overemphasized them, but I hope they're as bright in the theater!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Salmar
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 4:03am

Post #85 of 332 (14646 views)
Shortcut
I found a way around it. Many thanks for offer of help though // [In reply to] Can't Post

zecharas

Jul 21 2011, 4:07am

Post #86 of 332 (14831 views)
Shortcut
Bombur is wearing the correct hood [In reply to] Can't Post

Since there is talk about the hoods, I did notice at 3:14 in the video, Bombur is wearing his pale green hood described in the books.

Hamfast
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 4:14am

Post #87 of 332 (14714 views)
Shortcut
I thought so... [In reply to] Can't Post

particularly in the shot with their scale doubles. I noticed a blue grey, magenta, green...all much more pronounced to my eye. BTW I think this is a good thing.

Rodu
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 4:14am

Post #88 of 332 (14874 views)
Shortcut
troll fight [In reply to] Can't Post

It almost looks like the dwarves are attacking stationary objects, like a troll already turned to stone

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 21 2011, 4:15am

Post #89 of 332 (14779 views)
Shortcut
They seem to be incorporating the hoods into other garments [In reply to] Can't Post

No detachable hoods here (except for Ori). Instead, the hoods we've seen have been part of cloaks and shirts. I guess they won't be sweeping them off their heads when they bow or they'll strangle themselves! Tongue

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Marillė by the Sea
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 4:16am

Post #90 of 332 (14767 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw that too and that's what actually reminded me about the hoods. But throughout the video, we see the dwarves in Trollshaw, when they were testing themselves out full in costume in front of the camera, and I've yet to notice any form of detachable coloured hoods. Of course, they might just not be wearing them for whatever reasons... or maybe they're given hoods in Rivendell (reminiscent of Lothlorien gift-giving scene)...highly unlikely, but that's just me grasping at straws trying to come up with excuses and I don't think they'll have their hoods at all Unimpressed If they do have any sort of coloured hoods, it'll just be the few with coloured cloaks (but I could live with that!).

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2011, 4:21am

Post #91 of 332 (14773 views)
Shortcut
Those bags are stand-ins. [In reply to] Can't Post

They all just go after the big bag, and then the trolls will be inserted later, and they'll most likely be moving around knocking dwarves around.

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
--Walter Sobchak

Marillė by the Sea
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 4:22am

Post #92 of 332 (14607 views)
Shortcut
Seems like it [In reply to] Can't Post

Whatever route they take, as long as the dwarves get some kind of coloured hood, I won't complain!

I don't know why I'm so nit-picky about these hoods.. I'm usually not like this. I guess it's just that I read The Hobbit when I was little, and the only thing I could recall some years later was the colorful dwarves and a dragon!

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 4:23am

Post #93 of 332 (14747 views)
Shortcut
They're attacking [In reply to] Can't Post

stand-in troll legs held up by prop people in black costumes. Presumably both the fake troll legs and the people holding them will be edited out and replaced with CGI troll legs for those scenes.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Marillė by the Sea
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 4:25am

Post #94 of 332 (14751 views)
Shortcut
So cute! [In reply to] Can't Post

I noticed immediately he was wearing shorts and gave a little *squee* that he's the PJ I remember.. just make him take off his socks and shoes and don those big round glasses of his and voila!

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 4:26am

Post #95 of 332 (14863 views)
Shortcut
The dwarves don't just sing.... [In reply to] Can't Post

they also play their instruments. At about 13:25 8:30 you can see Dwalin with a fiddle and Bofur with either a flute or clarinet. Smile

Note: Edited to correct time.

Silverlode

-On Fairy Stories

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Jul 21 2011, 8:37am)

Marillė by the Sea
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 4:28am

Post #96 of 332 (14651 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Salmar! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was bummed that the YouTube downloader's for Windows only and I'm using a Mac, so this site I'm definitely bookmarking!

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 21 2011, 4:34am

Post #97 of 332 (14747 views)
Shortcut
Well observed, well met, and welcome zecharas! [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent observation on Bombur's hood!

Welcome to the boards, and enjoy the ride. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

renzn
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 4:38am

Post #98 of 332 (14739 views)
Shortcut
Lindir/Figwet [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree. In the Rivendell scene, there is another elf walking from right to left and it appears to be figwet/Lindir.

I tried to see the colored cloaks, but couldn't.

I loved seeing Christopher Lee in the end and I can't be more grateful to PJ and company for keeping my hopes so high. Opening day, ya that'll be a day I take off from work.

RosieLass
Valinor

Jul 21 2011, 4:57am

Post #99 of 332 (14837 views)
Shortcut
My one and only complaint. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bifur still has that stupid thing in his head. Frown

Otherwise it was fabulous! And I laughed out loud at the last scene.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Bladerunner
Gondor

Jul 21 2011, 5:01am

Post #100 of 332 (14755 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo is wearing the same outfit as in the LOTR film... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going from memory, but he is appears to be wearing the same jacket, shirt and pants that Ian Holm wore in Gollum's cave. Even his hair appears to have the same disheveled look as Ian Holm's did in the FOTR scene. If so, this is an elegant way to maintain continuity with the previous films.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.