New Post by PJ on Facebook
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Patty
Immortal

Jul 21 2011, 2:47am

Post #51 of 332 (17585 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson, I love you! [In reply to] Can't Post

These video blogs just get better and better. How nice of him to let us know he's on the case with Saruman.

And any little concerns I had over the dwarves have just melted away. I'm even going to be able to live with the Bifur head ornament. I don't know why I ever doubted him.Evil

Permanent address: Into the West

hutch
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 2:48am

Post #52 of 332 (17454 views)
Shortcut
i second that [In reply to] Can't Post

i also think the other dwarves are going to give Kili as much heat for having no beard as we did! CLASSIC!!!

hutch
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 2:50am

Post #53 of 332 (17451 views)
Shortcut
i take it [In reply to] Can't Post

that you're feeling a little more excited about the project now. what a great teaser, eh?!

Best of of all today is my grandmother's birthday! She will love it!

(This post was edited by hutch on Jul 21 2011, 2:54am)

Black Breathalizer
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 2:52am

Post #54 of 332 (17494 views)
Shortcut
OMIGOD [In reply to] Can't Post

I was disappointed in the last video blog but THIS ONE ROCKED!!!!!

I loved every frame of it---especially the LAST ones!!!!!!!!!!
Smile

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2011, 2:54am

Post #55 of 332 (17462 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I was surprised to see Pete in the U.K. [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought for sure Andy would be shooting those scenes, as Pete would be busy in NZ, but it looks like he's doing the Saruman stuff personally. Great to see.

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
--Walter Sobchak

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 2:55am

Post #56 of 332 (17585 views)
Shortcut
More thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course as soon as I hit "reply to this post" the first time I forgot most everything that I wanted to say
but I remember now, so here goes:

Now that I've seen all of the characters in motion, I'm liking the designs a lot more. Still shots used for press releases hardly ever look like the characters their supposed to be (at least in my opinion).

It was great to see everyone mucking around together Cool

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

Spencissimus
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 2:55am

Post #57 of 332 (17526 views)
Shortcut
this blog has got me far more excited about these films than anything released previously! [In reply to] Can't Post

Forget the previous two blogs, forget the pics of the dwarves...this has been the one thing released by PJ that has got me excited to the point of expiration!! Tongue

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jul 21 2011, 3:00am

Post #58 of 332 (17526 views)
Shortcut
Here are a couple things I noticed before sleepy time. [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf's new "old" staff and Thorin's pre-Orcrist sword look pretty cool. I was only able to watch the video full screen in HD by first grabbing it. It would only play small on Facebook. Did anyone else have that problem? Let me tell you all, large and in HD is the way to watch this video. Smile

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

(This post was edited by Pipe Dream on Jul 21 2011, 3:03am)

Salmar
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 3:00am

Post #59 of 332 (17430 views)
Shortcut
Where can you download it? [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone know where you can download a decent HD version? The facebook link keeps asking you to login in to download.

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 3:01am

Post #60 of 332 (17453 views)
Shortcut
This was incredible... [In reply to] Can't Post

I never thought we would see this much this soon. Seeing John Rhys Davies on set, The Trollshaw battle set, all the Dwarves, more of Riddles in the Dark, Cate/Hugo....just wow. Smile

Oh and of course the wonderful Christopher Lee! Wink

(This post was edited by The Grey Pilgrim on Jul 21 2011, 3:02am)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 3:04am

Post #61 of 332 (17505 views)
Shortcut
Here's a larger version: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47TXEi0No0

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Jul 21 2011, 3:05am)

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 21 2011, 3:07am

Post #62 of 332 (17470 views)
Shortcut
Wasn't JRD a hoot?! [In reply to] Can't Post

How awesome is it that he got to visit the set? His 'homecoming' with Gloin, his 'dad' was so funny. Hugs all around to everyone associated with this production. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Salmar
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 3:09am

Post #63 of 332 (17436 views)
Shortcut
Good to see him at Pinewood [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope Ian Holm is still okay to shoot. I was watching out for new music bits. It's too early for that I suppose.

Nori doesn't look so OTT now that I see him in motion. The star hair do is more Bram-Stoker-esque now (someone stated that before on the forums. I get what they mean now).

hutch
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 3:09am

Post #64 of 332 (17425 views)
Shortcut
hootnanny [In reply to] Can't Post

more hoots:

PJ doubling for Stanley Kubrick. Laugh

hutch
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 3:12am

Post #65 of 332 (17560 views)
Shortcut
agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

they do look better in motion don't they

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 21 2011, 3:14am

Post #66 of 332 (17438 views)
Shortcut
I also thought it was very classy to do the whole thing from the perspective of the crew. [In reply to] Can't Post

You know....the 'unsung heros' of the production. How classy is it to give them a well-deserved part of the limelight. *clink* her's to you Peter Jackson!

(secretly, though, instead of their 'fav moments of production so far', I'd pay money to hear their comments on make-up and costuming challenges, the joys and trials of 'dwarf training,' how many actors have accidentally hit someone in the head (or other body parts) by turning accidentally while wearing half a dozen weapons and, most of all, we want to know the dwarf curse words so when they turn up in filming, we'll be in the know (assuming they won't translate *all* of them literally). LaughWink

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Salmar
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 3:15am

Post #67 of 332 (17322 views)
Shortcut
Thanks... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been downloading all the production dairies so that I can watch them on my large tv. Thanks anyway!

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 21 2011, 3:16am

Post #68 of 332 (17492 views)
Shortcut
Agreed x 2, hutch [In reply to] Can't Post

The 'reveal' pictures were so stylized and 'posed' I had a feeling that when we saw the company in action, they'd seem much more natural.

Great stuff!

TORn Calendar

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 3:17am

Post #69 of 332 (17367 views)
Shortcut
Oooo... I like that idea too [In reply to] Can't Post

and of course when we hear about someone bonking someone else on the head, the video should cut to the person who was bonked giving the first person a hard time about it Laugh

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 3:20am

Post #70 of 332 (17375 views)
Shortcut
Do you have links [In reply to] Can't Post

to where you downloaded the first two from?

I tried downloading the first one, but it kept downloading blurry, so I figured the same would happen for the second. Therefore, I never actually tried that one, but this video I did try, and it downloaded great, so I don't know what's up.

Anyhow, the long and short of it is: if you could post links I would be eternally grateful Smile

hutch
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 3:21am

Post #71 of 332 (17379 views)
Shortcut
i think PJ and co [In reply to] Can't Post

are to thank for people nowadays actually caring about the crew thanks to the LOTR dvds. before then very few average movie goers cared about dps, art designers, wardrobe people etc.

but now people love to find out about the crew behind it all. just one more trend this group started.

awesomeness.

Delrond
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 3:25am

Post #72 of 332 (17353 views)
Shortcut
Killer! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a blast to watch that video. I'll have to rewatch in the morning.

Really enjoyed seeing Galadriel/Elrond/Gandalf in Rivendell. Musical instruments and song; Riddles in the Dark; Dwarves in action fighting @ Trollshaws; Bifur still sporting the craniaxe; and on and on. But most of all, seeing the Dwarves as the rough and tumble hardy folk that they really are, not all glammed up for a photo. Huge difference in appearance for most of them. And Thorin - some signs of what to expect out of his character.

OK, time for lights out.

Things are now in motion that cannot be undone.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 3:25am

Post #73 of 332 (17353 views)
Shortcut
To download: [In reply to] Can't Post

Use this program, and download right from PJ's facebook page. I have all 3 in M4P format thanks to this program, it works like a charm! Wink

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Jul 21 2011, 3:26am)

esheming
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 3:33am

Post #74 of 332 (17370 views)
Shortcut
That song... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I was wondering if it might be used at the Green Dragon...?

esheming
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 3:34am

Post #75 of 332 (17416 views)
Shortcut
Riddles... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to re-watch that section about 5 times before going any farther in the video! Looks like it's going to be perfect!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.