First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 1:55am

Post #26 of 332 (15904 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Quick observations on first viewing:

The head ornament is in. I suppose we'll have to get used to it.

Very interesting to see some of the hair and beards from different angles. I'm looking forward to studying some stills.....hint, hint. Wink

LOVE the shot of all the dwarves and their doubles!

Ditto the singing

Ditto the clearer view of Gollum's cave

Looks like the dwarves will put up a bit of a fight against the trolls. Not that it will help them much.

And....Saruman! YESSSS!!!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Junesong
Rohan

Jul 21 2011, 1:57am

Post #27 of 332 (15918 views)
Shortcut
I never thought we'd see this much this soon! [In reply to] Can't Post

What's next? A Sit down interview between Bilbo and Smaug?

Not that I'm complaining. And the end cameo of Christopher Lee was AMAZING. Love that PJ used his new video to confirm the productions little detour to England.

"Tim... Canterbury... Canterbury Tales... Chaucer... Shakespeare."

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jul 21 2011, 1:59am

Post #28 of 332 (16034 views)
Shortcut
Oh WoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

eralkfang
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 2:00am

Post #29 of 332 (15893 views)
Shortcut
Oh my God! [In reply to] Can't Post

My fingers were shaking so hard after the reveal of Christopher Lee that I could barely log into TORn! I think I've achieved nerd nirvana! I guess I'll do bullets, as I'm a bit too excited to be any more cohesive…
  • Jackson wandering around being a film nerd was cute, but the reveal of Christopher Lee made it awesome.
  • Nori's hair is explained! I rather got the notion that it was shaved into shape, but if it's just well-teased braids, that makes more sense. Good old Starfish.
  • All the footage of the dwarves is amazing, especially dinner in Bag End. They look rowdy, filthy, and like terrible house guests. Ian McKellan delicately saying that he wouldn't have them all over at once was hilarious.
  • Cate Blanchett! My God, she looks gorgeous, as always, and the costume is beautiful. I've been mourning the loss of Dickson (yeah, fine, go work on Green Lantern, break my heart, why don't you) but the new girl seems to be picking up the thread and adding a few twists of her own.
  • I love how they're ribbing Turner for not having a beard (I guess the canon explanation will be that he's too young), but the more I see of Fili, the more I think, "that's what a wildly attractive young dwarf should look like". I hope the ribbing of Kili makes it into the film.
  • Watching Hugo Weaving cutting up while in costume as Elrond is like discovering your schoolteachers have lives outside of school, I have to be honest! Though, of course, I'm glad he's having fun.
  • Seeing all the dwarves together was lovely, but seeing them with their scale doubles was even better.
  • Songs! We'll be having more songs! I'm pleased by this.
I basically shrieked and giggled through this entire video. So much, so soon! We're so spoiled.

ragamuffin92
The Shire

Jul 21 2011, 2:01am

Post #30 of 332 (15937 views)
Shortcut
I agree that the "Cow Jumped Over the Moon" song didn't seem to be very dwarvish [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarf lyrics always seem to be ponderous, and are most likely sung in a minor key, usually. The "Merry Old Inn" song was more like an Irish fiddle tune, but it was indeed written by Bilbo, according to the paragraph just before Frodo sings it, in "At The Sign Of The Prancing Pony."

"Become who you were born to be!"
(Elrond Halfelven to Aragorn--my favorite non-Tolkien line from the LOTR films)

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jul 21 2011, 2:02am

Post #31 of 332 (15844 views)
Shortcut
My words, exactly!!!!!! /// [In reply to] Can't Post

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

www.arda-reconstructed.com

KateTheHobbit
Bree

Jul 21 2011, 2:04am

Post #32 of 332 (15953 views)
Shortcut
*mind explodes* [In reply to] Can't Post

OHMYDWARVESHOBBITBILBOELRONDGA​LADRIELDWARVESJOHNRHYSDAVIESCHRISTOPHERLEESA​RUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

OK, *ahem*.

I have to say, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the way they revealed Christopher Lee! The whole build-up up of PJ appearing in the UK had me on the edge of my seat with anticipation. And then when he showed up in the greenscreen studio with the desk. I think I literally, verbally screamed "No.... no.... YES!" at the computer screen!

Is there anything better than being a Hobbit fan during this stage of filmmaking? I think not!

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 21 2011, 2:08am

Post #33 of 332 (16035 views)
Shortcut
So... Galadriel will be in Rivendell [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if that will be before, during or after the visit of Bilbo, Gandalf and the Dwarves. It seems she must be there for the meeting of the White Council, no?

I loved that even the *actors* are making fun of Kili. Laugh

And, bless Sir Ian McKellen, who hadn't read TLOTR before being cast as Gandalf, but he was the only one who got the names of all 13 dwarves correct. He positively ooozes class.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jul 21 2011, 4:42am)

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jul 21 2011, 2:13am

Post #34 of 332 (15858 views)
Shortcut
Tolkien's rewrite of The Cat and the Fiddle. [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo sang it at The Prancing Pony in Fellowship (Book)

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

abcpo

Jul 21 2011, 2:13am

Post #35 of 332 (16049 views)
Shortcut
Rob Kazinsky? [In reply to] Can't Post

At 11.28 in Bag End, you can see a bit of Fili's head, and that doesn't look like Dean O'Gorman. The same at 11.51 when we see all of them with their scale doubles, that has to be Rob Kazinsky (he looks taller aswell), or am I being total blind here?

Anyway, love to see them all in action, and they look much better here than on the pictures. I totally freaked out when I saw Sir Christopher Lee at the end, just AMAZING!

sarahb1863
Rivendell

Jul 21 2011, 2:16am

Post #36 of 332 (15844 views)
Shortcut
Hm [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure! But the quick shot of him during the 'naming of the dwarves' segment matches the actor in the official dwarf reveal, so I think THAT'S Dean O'Gorman. Who I think is very cute. Sure hope the next blog has more Fili!!

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 2:22am

Post #37 of 332 (15841 views)
Shortcut
OMGOMGOMGOMG *dies of hiper excitement* [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! I can't believe we're seeing this much already! Anybody notice Bifur's skull ornament? Guess what? Its there allright!!! Eek! Who cares about that though? Everything is so amazing!!! Galadriel and Saruman! All the dwarves! That is too much for this Mad Hatter!! SmileSmileSmile I can't contain my excitement!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 2:23am

Post #38 of 332 (15893 views)
Shortcut
Insanely great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, the humanity! (or should that be "Hobbitity)?!

The Dwarves look terrific, and I love the camaraderie already evident between Thorin & Co. (BTW, Bifur definitely has thing thing in his head). Angelic

Seeing Saruman again was wonderful. Christopher Lee appears visibly older, but hopefully this can be altered through make-up.

Looks like the Trollshaw scene is going to be much more frenetic than in the book, with the Dwarves putting up an actual struggle (suspected this along along, it just makes sense cinematically).

Did anyone get Elrond's lines? They sounded like "They are some who would not deem it wise...You're not the only guardian to stand watch over the door", I think?

The more we see of this production, the more exciting it becomes. Just absolutely amazing...Smile

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

The Grey Wanderer
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 2:28am

Post #39 of 332 (15940 views)
Shortcut
Bag End set in England tells me the book end scenes will definitely be there [In reply to] Can't Post

Since I assume they brought them for Ian Holm to shoot in.

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jul 21 2011, 2:29am

Post #40 of 332 (16067 views)
Shortcut
I'm amazed that no one has yet commented on ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the fragments of Riddles in the Dark that they show. Wowsa!

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

www.arda-reconstructed.com

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2011, 2:30am

Post #41 of 332 (15794 views)
Shortcut
Oh, wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ori is so sweet...

Does the "Man in the Moon" song mean that we'll see them make a stop at the Prancing Pony?

That dish-tossing as they cleaned the table! And those table manners - or lack thereof!

Galadriel's gowns, simple and elegant...

And that "grand finale"...could this video have ended any better than that...Smile

Thank you, PJ! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 2:32am

Post #42 of 332 (16011 views)
Shortcut
THAT WAS FRIGGING AMAZING!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Best video blog yet by far! We see much more than i would have ever imagined we would, at least so soon. All the actors in full make-up, Thorin is intense(!), Bombur funny as hell, ah, so much to take in... It started great and ended with a bang, and pretty much everything in-between rocked my boat, i was grinning and laughing throughout the whole video (look for a few surprise guests Wink). *lol* Well done, well done...

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Jul 21 2011, 2:32am)

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 21 2011, 2:33am

Post #43 of 332 (15920 views)
Shortcut
Yes! Riddles in the dark [In reply to] Can't Post

I loved when PJ commented that those were some of the first scenes Martin filmed 'trying on' his new character of Bilbo, and he had Gollum coming at him from every angle all the time.

Classic!

I don't think we need worry that we're going to get some fantastic extras on the DVDs! LaughSmile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2011, 2:34am

Post #44 of 332 (15852 views)
Shortcut
Oh... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Elrond looks snazzy in purple! Wink

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
--Walter Sobchak

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 2:38am

Post #45 of 332 (15709 views)
Shortcut
I think you missed a couple exclamations points there [In reply to] Can't Post

here, have some more: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jul 21 2011, 2:39am

Post #46 of 332 (15752 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely hilarious [In reply to] Can't Post

I was laughing through the entire video Laugh

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2011, 2:40am

Post #47 of 332 (15772 views)
Shortcut
Chris Lee is a bit older under the eyes, but looks so good for his age! [In reply to] Can't Post

The cinematography will probably cover that up a bit, plus any touching up they do of his face after the fact. Anyhoo, looks pretty much like Saruman is ready to go!

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
--Walter Sobchak

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Jul 21 2011, 2:46am

Post #48 of 332 (15706 views)
Shortcut
Now that I've slightly calmed down.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Cate looks awesome in the new dress! So beautiful! Elrond...looking good! I must say............Kili is my favorite dwarf so far! I know he's not much of a dwarf, but I think he's the most awesome looking. Thorin and the rest....you all look exceptional! Nice little appearance by Chris Lee. Its going to take a awhile until my blood pressure goes down....CoolWink

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

Altaira
Superuser

Post #49 of 332 (15699 views)
Shortcut
It was, wasn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so encouraging to see everyone having such a great time making this movie and taking the stuffing out of each other. It's right on par with the camaraderie we saw in the LOTR movies. And don't Andy and PJ seem tight? The positive attitudes alone go a long way towards boosting my confidence that these films will be great (not that it needed much boosting).

TORn Calendar

hutch
Rohan

Post #50 of 332 (15787 views)
Shortcut
ODD FELLOW!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool CHRIS LEE!!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.