Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New Post by PJ on Facebook
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

hutch
Rohan

Jul 23 2011, 1:29am

Post #326 of 332 (11112 views)
Shortcut
they should be better in LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

by then they've had 60 years of experience to advance fashion and design...i guess...

(This post was edited by hutch on Jul 23 2011, 1:36am)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jul 23 2011, 2:44am

Post #327 of 332 (11021 views)
Shortcut
The colour might be off in the [In reply to] Can't Post

reproduction. We're looking at an enlarged grab on a computer monitor of video of an image that was probably a quick and dirty enlargement of a polaroid itself.

It does remind me of the creature from American Werewolf in London, mid transformation though.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Jul 23 2011, 2:46am)

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Jul 23 2011, 5:13am

Post #328 of 332 (10981 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you are doing well and had a great day! Smile

“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Jul 23 2011, 5:17am

Post #329 of 332 (11084 views)
Shortcut
I massively agree with you here: [In reply to] Can't Post

they better put these things on the DVD.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

nenyacaster
Bree

Jul 25 2011, 11:46pm

Post #330 of 332 (10872 views)
Shortcut
elven clothes; lothlorien [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt that the elves have immortal clothes (i.e. they last forever, longer than 60 years and are strain-resistant, flame-retardant, don't develop holes or accumulate dirt, discolor, etc.) so it makes sense to me that they would need different clothes anyway, and probably don't wear the same outfit every day regardless; so we didn't see their full LOTR wardrobes anyway. I loved Galadriel's headband, and I'm glad they didn't just rummage through the LOTR wardrobe.

Anyway, if Galadriel is in Rivendell, then that makes me wonder if we will see Lothlorien at all? And it also seems like they've already filmed at least some of the scenes where Liv Tyler could have had a cameo, so maybe it won't happen now. I like the dwarves much more in person than I did in the images that were released; they seem softer and more likeable.

(This post was edited by nenyacaster on Jul 25 2011, 11:49pm)

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 26 2011, 1:52am

Post #331 of 332 (10882 views)
Shortcut
I really enjoyed [In reply to] Can't Post

and laughed robustly through the video. Getting the dwarves 'in action' (as per above mention) and seeing a hint of some character references was fun.

Peter is terribly funny and part of that is realizing he is so egoless.

Hints of the music set me off as well.

The dwarves i mostly liked, but i'd swear there was some 'mixed breeding' going on, (following suit from Homo Sapien/ Neanderthal happening) for i see human, elven and ClingonShocked characteristics among them ha!.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Niniel Valinor
Rivendell

Aug 7 2011, 10:01pm

Post #332 of 332 (11830 views)
Shortcut
Finally! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been looking for any place the 3rd production video was being discussed but never found it! Until now!!! Yey!
So here I come far too late lol

- Mark Hadlow is hilarious! Well most of the dwarf actors seem very funny and getting along perfectly. I love that! Makes me giddy and reminds me of all the behind the scenes clips from LotR!

- I prefer Dean's Fili over Rob's Fili I have to say. I know Rob is about the same age as Aidan (Kili) and Dean's seven years older, but I think Dean goes along better with the brother. I think Rob's Fili looks way older actually. Makes me wonder if they indeed had intended as Fili as the oldest all along.

- Speaking of Fili - does Dean have that mischivious smile ALL the time? It's awesome Sly

- You guys are breaking my heart with all your theories about Kili and his lack of beard. That the other dwarves will tease him and he'll have to prove himself and then... that ending... oh gosh Peter Jackson is going to break our hearts in 2013! I just know! Frown

- Still not digging Nori. Very dissapointing because Jed's awesome.

- Ori (Brown) is freaking adorable! I love him! He looks so awkward yet very cute and polite lol

- Ian McKellen is awesome as always. A legend! It's his kind face that makes him perfect as Gandalf!

- People keep saying Kili looks so human, but I thought Thorin looked full on human warrior when he screams "We have to move now!" Awesome though. I personally love both characters despite having less beard.

- Cate!!!!!!!! Heart

- And Martin isn't much in it, but gosh I think he's perfect! He reminds me so much of Pippin!

- Next time I really just hope to see anything with Kili and Fili in the same frame! lol

(This post was edited by Niniel Valinor on Aug 7 2011, 10:02pm)

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.