How about a Mad Lib?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 15 2011, 12:38pm

Post #101 of 132 (3117 views)
Shortcut
weaver:)\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jul 15 2011, 1:18pm

Post #102 of 132 (3103 views)
Shortcut
You take a passage [In reply to] Can't Post

(I'm assuming in this case from LotR or The Hobbit) and remove words. Then you ask people to replace the words, only they don't know the context.

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 15 2011, 2:21pm

Post #103 of 132 (3128 views)
Shortcut
Miniscule // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Jul 15 2011, 2:59pm

Post #104 of 132 (3089 views)
Shortcut
Oh! That should be interesting! Thanks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Visit Mexico from A to Z! Index to the whole series here.
Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 15 2011, 3:11pm

Post #105 of 132 (3113 views)
Shortcut
toenail // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

NottaSackville
Valinor

Jul 15 2011, 5:35pm

Post #106 of 132 (3096 views)
Shortcut
Spleen // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn.

NottaSackville
Valinor

Jul 15 2011, 5:37pm

Post #107 of 132 (3084 views)
Shortcut
nosehairs // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn.

batik
Tol Eressea

Jul 15 2011, 5:38pm

Post #108 of 132 (3113 views)
Shortcut
procrastinating... [In reply to] Can't Post

something I seem to excel at Wink

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jul 15 2011, 7:36pm

Post #109 of 132 (3083 views)
Shortcut
pruny // [In reply to] Can't Post

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jul 15 2011, 7:37pm

Post #110 of 132 (3085 views)
Shortcut
elongated // [In reply to] Can't Post

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jul 15 2011, 8:18pm

Post #111 of 132 (3155 views)
Shortcut
***HERE IS THE FINISHED MAD LIB*** [In reply to] Can't Post

There she lay, a vast red-golden alpaca, fast asleep; a perambulating came from her eyes and nostrils, and wisps of smoke, but her scriveners were low in slumber. Beneath her under all her limbs and her scrumptrulescent coiled tail, and about her on all sides stretching away across the unseen floors, lay countless piles of precious shoelaces, gold wrought and unwrought, mathoms and jewels, and chartreuse stained in the ruddy light.

To say that grammaboodawg’s breath was taken away is no description at all. There are no words left to express her dwimmerlakishness, since cacti changed the language that they learned of elves in the days when all the world was quixotic. grammaboodawg had heard tell and sing of alpaca-hoards before, but the weta, the snowcone, the typewriter of such shoelaces had never yet come home to her. Her solar plexus was filled and pierced with enchantment and with the desire of asteroids; and she gazed motionless, almost forgetting the frightful guardian, at the fan beyond price and count.

She gazed for what seemed an age, before drawn almost against her will, she stole from the shadow of the doorway, across the floor to the nearest edge of the mounds of shoelaces. Above her the sleeping alpaca lay, a dire menace even in her sleep. She grasped a rowdy daffadowndilly, as heavy as she could carry, and cast one fearful eye upwards. Dernwyn stirred a toenail, opened a spleen, the rumble of her snoring changed its belly button lint.

Then grammaboodawg flounced. But the alpaca did not wake—not yet—but shifted into other dreams of gibbet and pogo stick, lying there in her minuscule hall while grammaboodawg toiled back up the long tunnel. Her aardvark tongue was knitting and a more stolen shaking was in her nosehairs than when she was going downhill, or South, if you prefer, but still she clutched the daffadowndilly, and her chief thought was: “Great oliphaunts! This will show them. 'More like a Johnny-on-the-spot maintenance person than a burglar' indeed! Well, we'll hear no more of that.”

Nor did she. Weaver was overjoyed to see grammaboodawg again and as bifurcated as she was pruny. She picked grammaboodawg up and carried her out into the public restroom. It was midnight and clouds had covered the stars, but grammaboodawg lay with her 7 poorly Photoshopped fingers shut, procrastinating and taking pleasure in the feel of fresh air again, and hardly noticing the excitement of the asteroids, or how they elongated her and fainted her on the ear canal and put themselves and all their pirates for generations to come at her service.

For tonight's performance, the role of Bilbo is being played by grammaboodawg, the role of Smaug is being played by dernwyn, and the role of Balin is being played by weaver. Please check your programs. No cell phones during the performance, nor any flash photography.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 15 2011, 8:23pm

Post #112 of 132 (3072 views)
Shortcut
Bwahhhahahah! I love this one! // [In reply to] Can't Post

NARF
NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Patty
Immortal

Jul 15 2011, 8:26pm

Post #113 of 132 (3104 views)
Shortcut
What language is this in? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha! J/K...

cute. real cute.

Permanent address: Into the West

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Jul 16 2011, 1:02am

Post #114 of 132 (3071 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

This drew a ton of laughs from me! LaughLaughLaughLaugh

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Jul 16 2011, 1:40am

Post #115 of 132 (3085 views)
Shortcut
Wow, that was like the Jabberwocky! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gave me a lot of giggles! It was scrumtrulescent! Laugh

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2011, 2:12am

Post #116 of 132 (3073 views)
Shortcut
After a scene like that [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd need to use the public restroom, too! Laugh

This is a hoot, AE, you chose a great passage for one of these! Piles of precious shoelaces! And I must say I do like the change from dragon to alpaca, a much more attractive creature. (Do I get to wear an alpaca-wool robe for the part?) I just need to watch out for Bilbo/gramma's knitting...

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2011, 3:55am

Post #117 of 132 (3074 views)
Shortcut
How can Smaug possibly compete [In reply to] Can't Post

against Dernwyn the Alpaca? LaughLaughLaugh

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 16 2011, 6:38am

Post #118 of 132 (3064 views)
Shortcut
Sorry...Guess you haven't felt a draft yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

While you were sleeping...seems there was a quest for a piece of the red-golden fleece you were selfishly hoarding. Might wanna do something about that bare spot. ;)

NARF
NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 16 2011, 11:50am

Post #119 of 132 (3077 views)
Shortcut
*falls out of chair -- belly laughing -- in awe!* [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG!!!! This is sick-insane!!!! *still bwahahaha-ing* OMG!!!! I"M BILBO!!! I can't stand it... this is just so COOL!!!!

HEY DERNWYN-DRAGON!! I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU!!!!!!!!

nanny-nanny-poo-poooooo!!! *wiggles fingers in your face---runs like crazy*

uh oh... me thinks she's reaching for the ketsup!

This is BRILLIANT AE and all! *massive hug*

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2011, 12:01pm

Post #120 of 132 (3053 views)
Shortcut
What! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's in such an out-of-sight area, it's not like anyone's going to notice it! Oh, if I were flying around, maybe, but unless a little birdie tells someone, I think I'm safe.

Wink

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2011, 12:03pm

Post #121 of 132 (3073 views)
Shortcut
No, not ketsup... [In reply to] Can't Post

...KNITTING NEEDLES! With all this lovely wool, I've been taking web-weaving lessons from those Forest spiders...

STOP THIEF! *starts knitting furiously*

Laugh

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Jul 16 2011, 12:11pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2011, 12:09pm

Post #122 of 132 (3055 views)
Shortcut
Smaug's little purring rumble [In reply to] Can't Post

can't begin to compete with my humming!

And which is worse - dragon fire or alpaca spit?

Angelic

Patty
Immortal

Jul 16 2011, 7:32pm

Post #123 of 132 (3153 views)
Shortcut
Love it, Smauernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

is that your mating call or your gold squee call?

Permanent address: Into the West

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 17 2011, 2:01am

Post #124 of 132 (3051 views)
Shortcut
"I desired dragons with a profound desire" [In reply to] Can't Post

And this time you actually get to be one...but a Smaugpaca? LOL.

This was really pretty funny. And a fine ribbing of 3 of some very wonderful Tornfolk.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 17 2011, 2:36am

Post #125 of 132 (3044 views)
Shortcut
Heh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Supposedly that's an alpaca alarm call. The person who recorded said it was an alpaca who, when he saw food being put out, would sound that alarm to scare the others away, then go and hog the food!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.