Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Dwalin - the ultimate bad***?

DeadRabbits
Lorien

Jul 15 2011, 8:31am

Post #1 of 4 (900 views)
Shortcut
Dwalin - the ultimate bad***? Can't Post

Very little has been said/speculated about Dwalin so far... he's of royal kin, Balin's brother and the successor to Thorin's throne in the Blue mountains. Graham McTavish is previously known for his roles in action movies, and is very athletically built, so maybe he will be some kind of "action dwarf", specializied in weapons and combat (he was featured in some kind of battle sequence in the first video log, right?)? Do you believe he will get a lot of screen time, or just be one of the dwarves "in the background"?

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

Spencissimus
Lorien

Jul 15 2011, 8:50am

Post #2 of 4 (424 views)
Shortcut
I think he'll be tough-talking, no-nonsense and practical... [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering that the dwarf to the left of Thorin in the Empire pic is most certainly Dwalin, to me he has the look of someone who fits the description in the subject of this post! He looks sturdy and strong, and looks as if he has a significant beard (though not a long one, which suggests to me he is a practical fellow!). If I was to hazard a guess at what his weapon would be, I would say a heavy, two-handed sword or axe. As far as screentime goes, I think he'll fit into the bracket below Thorin, Balin, Kili and Fili.

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Jul 15 2011, 10:07am

Post #3 of 4 (372 views)
Shortcut
Oh he'll most definitely get screen-time. [In reply to] Can't Post

The dude is definitely a tough *bleep*. You don't cast a guy like that and have him mosey around in the background. Smile

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
--Walter Sobchak

Rivorwen
The Shire

Jul 15 2011, 11:54pm

Post #4 of 4 (212 views)
Shortcut
definately [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Longsleeves are for wimps is probably the "Security guy" in charge of getting everyone through safely. Those handguards aren't just for show. Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.