Fili and Kili
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 Next page Last page  View All

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 12 2011, 6:07pm

Post #26 of 601 (27031 views)
Shortcut
Their "fate" is gonna be a heartbreaker... [In reply to] Can't Post

..If they're entering the adventure with youthful enthusiasm. There's gonna be a very harsh, hard-to-watch scene toward the end...

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 12 2011, 6:09pm

Post #27 of 601 (26900 views)
Shortcut
Crumbs! // [In reply to] Can't Post

TheWhiteRider
Bree

Jul 12 2011, 6:10pm

Post #28 of 601 (26953 views)
Shortcut
What the ....??? [In reply to] Can't Post

they look like a couple of guys modelling medieval attire !!!

droidsocket
Lorien

Jul 12 2011, 6:19pm

Post #29 of 601 (26844 views)
Shortcut
I have to agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not one to complain. I generally like what PJ comes up with. But Killi is down right terrible! Other than the large ears he looks 100% human. I am all for variety but they should at least look like they belong to the same race. But he doesn't. Unless his daddy got busy with a human or elf.

And I don't buy the " it's be cause they are young" argument either. Because by that logic all dwarves start out pretty and as they age they get dwarf like? Come on!Unsure

At the very least they have sweet weapons.

(This post was edited by droidsocket on Jul 12 2011, 6:22pm)

kiwifan
Rohan

Jul 12 2011, 6:20pm

Post #30 of 601 (26876 views)
Shortcut
yeah, mine is broken already [In reply to] Can't Post

at the very thought of their fate! They look so lovable (Fili) and downright gorgeous (Kili) --- quite undwarvish in my opinion but cute as anything (hah, now I'm outing myself as a female not impervious to male charm, right Wink). But perhaps they are indeed Dwarvish, in a 'rebellious youth' kind of way. After Oin and Glóin who embody Dwarvishness as I always pictured it, these two certainly are different --- but I hope they won't be like Merry and Pippin humour-wise since those two are Hobbits, after all, and I wouldn't like their particular brand of humour repeated in Dwarves. But I'm so looking forward to seeing what PJ and Co. are going to do with Fili and Kili, and so not looking forward to crying my eyes out...

'Goodness gracious, you really are a messie!' 'Oh no, I'm not, these are all just mathoms...'

Rodu
Rivendell

Jul 12 2011, 6:21pm

Post #31 of 601 (26675 views)
Shortcut
yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

Kili looks like a human with a wig, is he even wearing prosthetics? His nose looks like the actor's

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 12 2011, 6:22pm

Post #32 of 601 (26758 views)
Shortcut
I think they'll be the Legolas and Aragorn of the film. With Thorin as Boromir? // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 12 2011, 6:24pm

Post #33 of 601 (26853 views)
Shortcut
Hi-res [In reply to] Can't Post

Anybody have a hi-res picture to have a better look? Cheers!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 12 2011, 6:24pm

Post #34 of 601 (26781 views)
Shortcut
Don't forget they'll be short... [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe they'll look more dwarvish when stood next to a human or elf...

Rodu
Rivendell

Jul 12 2011, 6:25pm

Post #35 of 601 (26702 views)
Shortcut
maybe dwarves don't grow beards till they become adults [In reply to] Can't Post

and it's Kili's 18th bday when they leave, I dunno

RoseCotton
Lorien

Jul 12 2011, 6:27pm

Post #36 of 601 (26710 views)
Shortcut
I predict... [In reply to] Can't Post

Aidan Turner will go A-list. Studios will start now to sign him up for big movie projects that begin filming from about next spring onwards (while he's still relatively cheap), and movies he's in will be released every three or four months thereafter...

What do you think the odds are?

TheWhiteRider
Bree

Post #37 of 601 (26744 views)
Shortcut
but thorin's sister was not an elf or a human :P [In reply to] Can't Post

renzn
Bree

Post #38 of 601 (26742 views)
Shortcut
Big guy, tough spirit, soft heart [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a big man but my heart melts when I see my child aching in pain. My heart ached when Théoden wept at the loss of his son Theodred. He said no parent should have to bury their child. I knew Théoden would die in the ROTK, but it didn't affect me watching the movie because he was just another man passing after a long life. Out of the LOTR characters, I enjoyed the interaction between Merry and Pippin most. I didn't like seeing Merry hurt when being carried by the Uruks. I truly felt happy when Merry and Pippin were reunited on the Pelennor field and in the movie Pippin said he knew Merry would find him.

I have no illusions Kili and Fili will have the same effect on this grandfather. I hate to see youth buried by their elders.

I’m a bit taken back by the short beard and straight hair of Kili, but it doesn’t matter to me. I just can’t wait to see those two characters youthful banter. It’ll bring a sense of hope when many situations (trolls, Goblins, Spiders, Smaug) seem bleak

nobofthepony
Lorien

Post #39 of 601 (26754 views)
Shortcut
personalities based on "audition sheet" [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay on the audition sheet, it says that Fili is the one who "feels the weight" and Kili is more carefree...yet the lines in that supposedly official audtion sheet reversed those.

So it looks like from this picture that Kili is the brooding one and Fili is the quick-witted playful one. Maybe they just reversed the two names and personalities? I know you can't tell everything from a photo but it looks like they're trying to put some of their characters into the pose...

Gimli1252
Bree

Jul 12 2011, 6:28pm

Post #40 of 601 (26771 views)
Shortcut
ahh...so aragorn will be in the hobbit after all...!!!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Whaaat...???oh just a minute it's kili...
ok let's talk serious now...they look great, both of them, but i would like a sign of a beard for kili not a fluff..
also for the bow, i expected that one of them will has one cause they have the best vision among the dwarves...

''There is one dwarf yet in Moria, who still draws breath''

Radagast_the_Brown
Rivendell

Jul 12 2011, 6:30pm

Post #41 of 601 (26613 views)
Shortcut
As expected [In reply to] Can't Post

they're the younger, "hunkier" looking Dwarves. They've been pretty unorthodox overall so far, but I think most of the remaing ones will look decidedly more "traditional" so maybe I'll appreciate these two more in retrospect.

All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Post #42 of 601 (26711 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's pretty clear they're going for Thorin as Aragorn in TH...which makes sense, given that the characters are reflections of each other, (with Aragorn really acting as a thematic "correction" on Thorin as well), while the "Merry & Pippin" comparison for Kili & Fili comparison seems apt.

Judging from the casting, that pic and what little info we have, I assume Kili will be the comparatively "serious", dependable one ALA Merry, and Fili will be the one who's constantly getting into trouble ALA Pippin...

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth
Lorien

Post #43 of 601 (26562 views)
Shortcut
They do [In reply to] Can't Post

look like they could be in Mens Vogue of Middle-Earth! Look at Kili's hair! A bit high on the shampoos and conditioners are we? All in all a very good(if not stylish) example of young dwarves.

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that has been given to you...

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Post #44 of 601 (26683 views)
Shortcut
So [In reply to] Can't Post

The "Orlando" of TH, then? Tongue

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

Rosebud
The Shire

Jul 12 2011, 6:31pm

Post #45 of 601 (26672 views)
Shortcut
Not happy with this [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm all for pushing the envelope a bit but this is nowhere close to how Tolkien described the characters. :-(

Bullroarer
Bree

Jul 12 2011, 6:32pm

Post #46 of 601 (27008 views)
Shortcut
WHAT THE... [In reply to] Can't Post

THEY LOOK SO WEIRD! they are nothing like I imagined,are they even where any of the dwarf make up ( e.g. nose and ears)? And where the hell are there beards? Yeah, agree Kili does look elvish and I'm also starting to get worried, I pray that my current opinon might change because Fili and kKli are my favourite of the dwarves and at the moment I think Weta have made a HUGE mistake...

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us- Gandalf to Frodo

willowing
Lorien

Jul 12 2011, 6:32pm

Post #47 of 601 (26671 views)
Shortcut
Fili and Kili... [In reply to] Can't Post

If any of the dwarfs we have seen thus far looked liked Gimli I would be very disappointed. I think personality, heritage, size(big, small, short, tall, lanky) age, experience was considered when creating these characters for The Hobbit. Smile

They are so different and I like it.Sly

As one poster said earlier the fate of Fili and Kili will be a tear jerker.Unsure

mykonos
Bree

Jul 12 2011, 6:34pm

Post #48 of 601 (26617 views)
Shortcut
What I get from the pic... [In reply to] Can't Post

Fili looks like the grounded one, and Kili looks like he could get a little out of control. Fili looks like he could be saying "alright, let's scope out the situation" while Kili saying "LET'S GET 'EM!"

It's their expressions that is a little confusing Laugh

(This post was edited by mykonos on Jul 12 2011, 6:35pm)

Evernight
Rivendell

Jul 12 2011, 6:35pm

Post #49 of 601 (26585 views)
Shortcut
According to HoME dwarves are born with beards. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

RosieLass
Valinor

Jul 12 2011, 6:37pm

Post #50 of 601 (26580 views)
Shortcut
He didn't really describe Fili and Kili, did he? [In reply to] Can't Post

Except to say that they were "younger."

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.