Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Production Video #2 from the set of THE HOBBIT, 8 July 2011.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Erufaildon
Bree

Jul 9 2011, 12:24am

Post #1 of 147 (4809 views)
Shortcut
Production Video #2 from the set of THE HOBBIT, 8 July 2011. Can't Post

Is up on PJs page on Facebook!

Click here to watch.

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Jul 9 2011, 1:02am)

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2011, 12:27am

Post #2 of 147 (1763 views)
Shortcut
Yay! Going. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Visit Mexico from A to Z! Index to the whole series here.
Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Salmar
Bree

Jul 9 2011, 12:29am

Post #3 of 147 (1761 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. You beat me too it... [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL...haven't even seen it yet. Thought I'd rush in to post it first. Hehe.
Rushing back over to watch it now. Ooh! the excitement... too much!

~S

Patty
Immortal

Jul 9 2011, 12:29am

Post #4 of 147 (1763 views)
Shortcut
Here's the link [In reply to] Can't Post

if anyone doesn't have it.

http://www.facebook.com/PeterJacksonNZ

Permanent address: Into the West

RosieLass
Valinor

Jul 9 2011, 12:32am

Post #5 of 147 (1741 views)
Shortcut
Sweet! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like they're going to do the barrels!

Can I say that, or is that a spoiler?

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Patty
Immortal

Jul 9 2011, 12:42am

Post #6 of 147 (1801 views)
Shortcut
This is just as awesome as the first one-- [In reply to] Can't Post

only a little less because that one was the first one!

Are the video production diaries of King Kong on the DVD or Blu-ray? I hope they decide to include these. I'd like to have them forever.Sly

Permanent address: Into the West

LordElrond
Rivendell

Jul 9 2011, 12:42am

Post #7 of 147 (1769 views)
Shortcut
Amazing [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping the next video would show location scouting Smile looks like we'll see Rohan again lol Wink. 2 new dwarf pics and this new video in one day is too much

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jul 9 2011, 12:48am

Post #8 of 147 (1674 views)
Shortcut
Darn I can't get onto facebook here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Have to wait till I go home in 2.5 hours.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Jul 9 2011, 12:50am

Post #9 of 147 (1675 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

What great, beautiful locations they were at, some of those mountain passes were stunning. Good to see Andy getting his directing chops exercised. I do believe we can spy some shots of Elrond and Bilbo doing various things. Some of those sets are amazing looking!

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
--Walter Sobchak

duats
Grey Havens

Jul 9 2011, 12:52am

Post #10 of 147 (1726 views)
Shortcut
Two new photos and a video blog in the span of two days. [In reply to] Can't Post

My body was not prepared for this.

We got looks at Freeman, Weaving, and Serkis in action, a couple of sets, and the beautiful New Zealand landscape.

Wow. Have to take it all in for a second.

acheron
Gondor

Post #11 of 147 (1678 views)
Shortcut
so excited [In reply to] Can't Post

Andy in the motion capture suit doing the Gollum voice! Bilbo and Elrond! Yay!

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Post #12 of 147 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Location, location, location! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can someone please tell me what the rocky landscape is supposed to be? Smile Wow! What two days!

I am sure our very thorough TORnsibs will tear this down to pieces and tell us all there is to see... a couple of un-muted comments... a couple actuall movie shots (without SFX)... really enjoyable.

Visit Mexico from A to Z! Index to the whole series here.
Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Delrond
Rohan

Jul 9 2011, 12:55am

Post #13 of 147 (1652 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Beautiful countryside to work with. What a treat to scout with Alan Lee and John Howe.

Things are now in motion that cannot be undone.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 9 2011, 1:02am

Post #14 of 147 (1615 views)
Shortcut
Added a clickable link to the root post. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Jul 9 2011, 1:03am)

HiddenSpring
Lorien

Jul 9 2011, 1:02am

Post #15 of 147 (1687 views)
Shortcut
The emphasis on scouting makes me happy [In reply to] Can't Post

I was afraid they might overdo the CGI landscapes this time around, but seeing PJ and the team fighting off branches and bad weather in these beautiful places brings a smile to my face. Yay for location shooting!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 9 2011, 1:04am

Post #16 of 147 (1625 views)
Shortcut
Very nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Was that a glimpse of Weathertop they might pass in their journey?

And a glimpse of Laketown costume designs, perhaps, behind Ann Maskrey?

And it looks like Elrond is sporting autumn colors again in Rivendell, if slightly lighter. Cool

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

mykonos
Bree

Jul 9 2011, 1:08am

Post #17 of 147 (1630 views)
Shortcut
SAHWEEET [In reply to] Can't Post

I was just on Facebook but never noticed! Thanks for the link. I'm only about 30 seconds in and had to pause for breath. I'm going back to it now!

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jul 9 2011, 1:12am

Post #18 of 147 (1627 views)
Shortcut
Wow! It just keeps getting better! [In reply to] Can't Post

Too bad it's not a higher res. The probably don't want us picking it to death. I take it back It's now in HD!!!!! Watching again!

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

(This post was edited by Pipe Dream on Jul 9 2011, 1:14am)

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Jul 9 2011, 1:15am

Post #19 of 147 (1623 views)
Shortcut
So exciting!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was getting worried in light of what was said in Empire about a relatively fewer amount of locations compared to LOTR, but this has me starting to feel a lot better.

(This post was edited by The Grey Pilgrim on Jul 9 2011, 1:15am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 9 2011, 1:17am

Post #20 of 147 (1685 views)
Shortcut
There are a couple of possibilities for the rocky places. [In reply to] Can't Post

The one where they were discussing Gandalf and the dwarves hiding, I'm guessing might be them running away after fighting their way out of the goblin caves.

Other rocky shots could be for the slopes of the Lonely Mountain. They have to work their way up the side of the mountain toward the secret door, so there should be plenty of rocky slopes to contend with there.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

eralkfang
Lorien

Jul 9 2011, 1:19am

Post #21 of 147 (1572 views)
Shortcut
!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I was delighted to catch thisójust got a new RSS feed reader that will only update on the half hour, so it's going to be a bit touch and go for a little while.

I look forward to both new and old locations. Serkis and Jackson look great and the miniscule teases from the actual filming are fantastic. (I love Bilbo just staring up at Elrond at more or less of a loss.)

And I definitely look forward to the next production video by the end of summer, hopefully.

Ruijor
Rohan

Jul 9 2011, 1:24am

Post #22 of 147 (1585 views)
Shortcut
Yay! Happy day, happy day! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jul 9 2011, 1:27am

Post #23 of 147 (1854 views)
Shortcut
Did everybody catch the new Leggy costume? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Jul 9 2011, 1:28am

Post #24 of 147 (1666 views)
Shortcut
About what time is it located at in the video? // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge"
--J.R.R. Tolkien

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
--Walter Sobchak

Hamfast
Rohan

Jul 9 2011, 1:29am

Post #25 of 147 (1632 views)
Shortcut
I am positively geeking out over this ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Five reveals of the dwarves...production blog # 2....all in a couple of days??? Thanks Pete ! Love ya big guy ! It was so cool to see Andy Serkis feeling the weight of the 2nd unit director role ( that means he's putting his heart & soul into the job, just like his Gollum role ) as well as so many little tidbits ! Elrond shots, mocap Gollum shots, behind the scenes goodies...OMG, it's like a preview of The Hobbit appendices. What a gift after a taxing week at work.SmileSmileSmile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.