Entertainment Weekly has 3 new photos from 'The Hobbit'
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jun 23 2011, 2:37pm

Post #26 of 318 (2413 views)
Shortcut
I think he's reading the terms... [In reply to] Can't Post

He'll problly look at this gigantic list and read aloud "Terms: cash on delivery, up to and not exceeding one fourteenth of total profits (if any); all travelling expenses guaranteed in any event..." etc.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 2:37pm

Post #27 of 318 (2378 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Guessing from where they are sitting in the video Jackson posted on his FB, the white haired dwarf is Jed Brophy and the bald one on the left is James Nesbitt.

Morok Cloudkeeper
Rohan

Jun 23 2011, 2:40pm

Post #28 of 318 (2365 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Martin Freeman looks great as Bilbo and Gandalf hasn't changed a little bit.And just look a those big hairy feet!Smile

Power can be held in the smallest of things...

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 23 2011, 2:40pm

Post #29 of 318 (2382 views)
Shortcut
Oh my goodness! YES he does. Not sure what to think :| // [In reply to] Can't Post

dave_lf
Gondor

Jun 23 2011, 2:42pm

Post #30 of 318 (2717 views)
Shortcut
Film Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we should be prepared for the likelihood that film Thorin, like film Aragorn, will be a rather different character than his book counterpart. It is clear that he will at least be a great deal younger. It may also be significant that the official press release referred to him as a "great warrior" rather than as a king. He could be both those things, but he could be only one.

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 2:44pm

Post #31 of 318 (2407 views)
Shortcut
The Blackbeard resemblance is not strong enough for my liking. // [In reply to] Can't Post

architecthis
Lorien

Jun 23 2011, 2:47pm

Post #32 of 318 (2394 views)
Shortcut
Amazing... [In reply to] Can't Post

and Thorin looks great, what a tough crowd...have faith in Peter

dave_lf
Gondor

Jun 23 2011, 2:51pm

Post #33 of 318 (2335 views)
Shortcut
He does [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree that he looks great, but I also think he looks like a different Thorin. I'll tell you what I think about that after more details emerge. Cool

little mouse
Rivendell

Jun 23 2011, 2:53pm

Post #34 of 318 (2383 views)
Shortcut
And shouldn`t Thorin have a sky blue hood? [In reply to] Can't Post

DrDeath153
Lorien

Jun 23 2011, 2:55pm

Post #35 of 318 (2347 views)
Shortcut
Faith- yes. Blind faith- no. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dr Death

DrDeath153
Lorien

Jun 23 2011, 2:55pm

Post #36 of 318 (2335 views)
Shortcut
Quite so [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

Dr Death

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 2:56pm

Post #37 of 318 (2323 views)
Shortcut
the feeling of the adventure starting to roll [In reply to] Can't Post

If you look upon the first photo, thorin, if it is him, seems younger than i imagined, but, if you see the rest of the dwarves you will notice that there are older and younger dwarves, i mean, the dwarves we have seen in lotr, are all(except gimli) old, and i dont know if its said in the hobbit book, but tought i imagine thorin being older too, thereīs no reason to think this, thorin has a strong character and maybe it would feet in a younger and more energic dwarve,

if you look on the right side of thorin theres seems to be an even younger dwarf than thorin, i mean, this films are expected to show us more of dwarf culture and world, and variety, and the thing that some characters look a slight different (dont forget other characters seem to being designed word by word as in the book: gandalf for example) is part of the audacity of pj and co to give movies is own identity separated from the book, and at the same time being so respectfull and close to the book, and i feel this is some that made pj trilogy speciall and interesting.

and then looking at this photo, the walls of bag end, the look colours an tone of the image, make me feel that are all painted with adventure everywhere, maybe itīs too soon, but maybe i dare to say, they did it, because if bag end looks so full of adventure in a unique image, so imagine all the places since there to the halls of the lonely mountain.

have a good life!!!!!!!!!GOD bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 3:01pm

Post #38 of 318 (2298 views)
Shortcut
and i feel gandalf looks slightly younger too [In reply to] Can't Post

deej
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 3:01pm

Post #39 of 318 (2341 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

About this coming out of left field, that is. Wink Thorin does look a little young, but I thought the same thing when I saw the first photo of Elijah as Frodo. I can't wait to see a clear shot of all the dwarves, but just from what little I can see in that first photo, it looks like they've managed to give them all a distinct apperance.

I'm trusting PJ, and am trying (really hard) to save all judgements until I see the finished film.

architecthis
Lorien

Jun 23 2011, 3:04pm

Post #40 of 318 (2292 views)
Shortcut
Blind? [In reply to] Can't Post

hes likely not wearing his hood....and how is it blind faith? Have you seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy by chance? :)

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jun 23 2011, 3:05pm

Post #41 of 318 (2647 views)
Shortcut
So who is who? [In reply to] Can't Post

Left: Bofur and Bifur
Right: Hands- ? Then Balin?, Nori
Center: Thorin

Bilbo perhaps rolled up his sleeves to serve?

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

(This post was edited by Pipe Dream on Jun 23 2011, 3:11pm)

acheron
Gondor

Jun 23 2011, 3:10pm

Post #42 of 318 (2244 views)
Shortcut
they take their hoods off and hang them up when they come inside, don't they? // [In reply to] Can't Post

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 3:11pm

Post #43 of 318 (2360 views)
Shortcut
Frodo's youthfulness was justified [In reply to] Can't Post

He received the One Ring when he was 33, so it stands to reason that he would look like a 33-year-old hobbit when he was 50. The 17-year interval may have been eliminated by the film, but the ring's effects on book-Frodo during that period ensured that film-Frodo didn't look too different from him. Hobbits' slow ageing made the casting of the 20-ish Elijah Wood almost completely acceptable. However, it is not possible to rationalise Thorin's reduced age in this way. If my calculations are correct, he is meant to be 195 years old at the time of The Hobbit. Unlike Frodo, Thorin never stopped ageing, and he's had a very difficult life. An actor in late middle age would have been an appropriate choice.

architecthis
Lorien

Jun 23 2011, 3:14pm

Post #44 of 318 (2232 views)
Shortcut
yes they take them off [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 3:15pm

Post #45 of 318 (2249 views)
Shortcut
how old was gimli at the lotr time? i dont remember [In reply to] Can't Post

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 3:20pm

Post #46 of 318 (2265 views)
Shortcut
About 139, so Thorin should look significantly older. // [In reply to] Can't Post

enginemonkey
The Shire

Jun 23 2011, 3:24pm

Post #47 of 318 (2263 views)
Shortcut
Nose? [In reply to] Can't Post

Re. Thorin, it's as though this has been staged just to keep the fans happy as opposed to it being a scene during filming. He doesn't even have a prosthetic nose like the other dwarves, which adds to his youthfulness. But Bilbo looks perfect yeeep!!! Yes, I would prefer to see him in a waistcoat and from the front so I can compare him to the sketch I did of Freeman as Bilbo last October (see the Fan Art forum Wink)

See my artwork here:
http://www.amandaclegg.co.uk
http://enginemonkey.deviantart.com/

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jun 23 2011, 3:27pm

Post #48 of 318 (2211 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf looks photoshopped... [In reply to] Can't Post

like they pasted his face on top of the picture...

rings7
Rohan

Jun 23 2011, 3:29pm

Post #49 of 318 (2216 views)
Shortcut
I need a darn bigger pic in HD and all [In reply to] Can't Post

Love Freeman, he looks great, and if he's reading something, whatever, we already know that from book to screen there's gonna be several differences, so i don't expect this to be 100% canon. His clothes? well, he's in his house he can wear whatever he wants, he's still not out there fighting spiders and what not.

And speaking of canon, if that's Thorin in the center, that's a big NO-NO. He looks too young and too 'pretty.' I thought Richard was gonna have a big transformation there. Not to mention gray hair.

And welcome back Gandalf the Grey!!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jun 23 2011, 3:30pm

Post #50 of 318 (2228 views)
Shortcut
still looks older for me [In reply to] Can't Post

as i see it he looks older because i feel gimli is for me a young dwarf, not a teenager Wink, but the fact he has such a beard is common on dwarves, i see thorin older , but it shocked me first time because i imagined him with withe air too, but fine for me

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.