Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Big Bluray release event in LA on June 27

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 21 2011, 12:32am

Post #1 of 14 (1727 views)
Shortcut
Big Bluray release event in LA on June 27 Can't Post

There will be a big event on June 27, with a really big grand prize, and some actors signing the newly released Bluray. Come down and join the LA TORn staff for a full day of activities.

http://www.theonering.net/...th-win-a-trip-to-nz/

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jun 21 2011, 12:54am

Post #2 of 14 (747 views)
Shortcut
Yes, please come! [In reply to] Can't Post

Garf, me, Quickbeam, and several other staffers will be around all day helping out! Come and say hi! Bring awesome costumes!

My Website! ~ My artwork and photography at dA

NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Ernildhir
Rivendell

Jun 21 2011, 1:02am

Post #3 of 14 (694 views)
Shortcut
Hoping to Attend [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking forward to this.

Regarding the costume contest,

I see this at the end of the article: [1] NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal U.S. residents. A parent or legal guardian must accompany any participant under 18 years of age at all times during the event. For official Registration Form and complete Official Rules including costume guidelines and prize descriptions, visit www.lordoftherings.net."

I am currently looking for the "official Registration Form and complete Official Rules including costume guidelines and prize descriptions," and I'm pretty sure I've been all over www.lordoftherings.net, but I can't seem to find it. Could someone please direct me to where I can find this?

Thanks!

A little apart the Rangers sat, silent, in an ordered company, armed with spear and bow and sword. They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head....There was no gleam of stone or gold, nor any fair thing in all their gear and harness: nor did their riders bear any badge or token, save only that each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 21 2011, 1:06am

Post #4 of 14 (707 views)
Shortcut
WB is still uploading all the content to their site [In reply to] Can't Post

check again tomorrow for that. I could send it to you, but I'm not entirely sure my version is the final version, and besides, you want the PDF so you can print and fill out the entry form.

As to guidelines, it should be a character from LOTR, preferably a movie version, since this is a promo for the Bluray release, and it should not be profane. That's about it. ;-) Oh, and props for the handmade over the store bought type costumes.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

meldė

Jun 21 2011, 4:37pm

Post #5 of 14 (691 views)
Shortcut
nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just so cool! Wish I could be there, but unfortunately I live in Denmark, and there's a bit of way to LA...
Hope - and think - everyone will have a great time! Cool

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Jun 21 2011, 7:46pm

Post #6 of 14 (727 views)
Shortcut
Any offers for the rest of the country/world? [In reply to] Can't Post

Given how big TORn is, I am surprised there is nothing here, online, for the rest of the country (or world). You know, just a simple giveaway (maybe a single BluRay set or something?) for online entries of some form or another?

With all that is being spent on this big event in LA, I think a little bit should have been set aside for the rest of us. There are fans out here, too. Unimpressed

(This post was edited by SteveDJ on Jun 21 2011, 7:47pm)

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 21 2011, 7:53pm

Post #7 of 14 (681 views)
Shortcut
Well stated [In reply to] Can't Post

It would have been totally fun to have done events all across the country, but the reality of hosting an event is that it is typically done in the town where the host lives, and Warner Bros lives in LA. Scifi conventions are the exception to this rule, but then, they also generally take about a year to plan.

The Trilogy screenings are being shown in some 500 theaters across the country, so while not quite as cool as a big prize event and autograph session, it is a great opportunity for fans to get together again and see the material in the way it was meant to be seen.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Jun 23 2011, 11:15am

Post #8 of 14 (693 views)
Shortcut
Well, I wasn't expecting EVENTS across the country... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was just hoping for a simple online contest, perhaps a single, simple prize. Would take less than a day, maybe only a few minutes even?, to set up. I'm sure TORn is well experienced in running online/email contests. :)

Ernildhir
Rivendell

Jun 23 2011, 4:01pm

Post #9 of 14 (670 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

It's still not up, and I'm starting to doubt whether it will be, but that's no problem. ;) I can just pick up an entry form at the actual event, right?

If you have any control over this, I would suggest trying to get a few more available entry forms printed for the event, because I wouldn't count on anyone having been able to acquire the form beforehand.

A little apart the Rangers sat, silent, in an ordered company, armed with spear and bow and sword. They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head....There was no gleam of stone or gold, nor any fair thing in all their gear and harness: nor did their riders bear any badge or token, save only that each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 23 2011, 4:23pm

Post #10 of 14 (740 views)
Shortcut
Those may happen [In reply to] Can't Post

Warner has MONTHS to market The Hobbit, and it doesn't make sense to bundle all the contest opportunities at once, especially since we're more than a year from the release of the film.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 23 2011, 8:29pm

Post #11 of 14 (669 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the forms will be available at the event [In reply to] Can't Post

Keep looking online, but yes, we will definitely be having these available onsite.

We will also be posting our own little FAQ for the costume contest to supplement the rules. The rules come from WB and Best Buy and are pages and pages long, so I'll be putting the meat of what you need to know into a FAQ and putting that up as soon as I can get it edited properly. But it won't be until after work, which is where I'm scampering off to now as well.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Ernildhir
Rivendell

Jun 23 2011, 11:42pm

Post #12 of 14 (666 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 24 2011, 1:44am

Post #13 of 14 (750 views)
Shortcut
full rules up now [In reply to] Can't Post

The official trilogy facebook page has the rules on their Event page

https://www.facebook.com/...?eid=225817480781552

Just open the description of the event for the rules. Like I said, they are long, long, long.

Again, I'll get the FAQ up as soon as I can. I'm sure the registration will be tonight or tomorrow morning.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 25 2011, 2:40am

Post #14 of 14 (837 views)
Shortcut
Entry form up now [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally found it on the official site at http://www.lordoftherings.net/...uyCostumeContest.pdf

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.