Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What is your birth month? I know there are a load of June birthdays here! /
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: What is your birth month? I know there are a load of June birthdays here! /
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
View Results (75 votes)

Patty
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 3:40pm

Post #1 of 72 (760 views)
Shortcut
What is your birth month? I know there are a load of June birthdays here! / Can't Post

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 9 2011, 3:43pm

Post #2 of 72 (332 views)
Shortcut
December 4th // [In reply to] Can't Post

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 9 2011, 3:45pm

Post #3 of 72 (303 views)
Shortcut
St. Patty-bo-batty's Day! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by AlassŽa Eruvande on Jun 9 2011, 3:46pm)

Patty
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 3:53pm

Post #4 of 72 (334 views)
Shortcut
very much batty! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

My son and I had a great birthday yesterday. I got enough in Best Buy gift cards that I won't pay a cent for The LotR EEs in blu in a couple of weeks!

One thing I may do, though. I have several rolls of coins that my mom left me (she saved and wrapped her change) and I thought I might take one of the lesser ones and add it to the money for my EEs so that it would be as if she were still alive and helping to pay for it.
Even though it's been over 15 years I do miss both my parents dreadfully, and birthdays, no matter how happy, do make you feel it keenly.

macfalk
Valinor

Jun 9 2011, 3:55pm

Post #5 of 72 (290 views)
Shortcut
May // [In reply to] Can't Post

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 9 2011, 4:11pm

Post #6 of 72 (343 views)
Shortcut
Wow, you have some generous relatives [In reply to] Can't Post

for all those BB cards.

My grandma used to wrap all her coins, too. I grew up thinking that is what you were supposed to do. So once, when I was in my early 20s or so, I had a bunch of change I was going to take to the bank and trade for paper money. I dutifully rolled it all and took it in. Imagine my horror when the bank lady proceeded to rip them all open and dump them into the coin counter! It had taken me hours to get it all perfectly wrapped. I even used the actual wrapping paper, rather than the little paper tubes. Yes, foiled once again by "new" technology! CrazyTongue

My mom just died in March, and I'm constantly having little moments where I think, "Oh, I need to tell her that", or "I need to get her an 8 X 10 of The Little Goblin's preK graduation picture." I even had a dream last night that she woke up being no longer paralyzed from her stroke and was royally P.O.'d that we'd called in hospice for her and why the hell hadn't anyone brought her any food! Totally something my mom would have done if it had actually happened. Smile Her birthday was May 28, so that was a little hard. We were finalizing getting her house ready to sell that day.
Unsure

Patty
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 5:01pm

Post #7 of 72 (340 views)
Shortcut
My heart really goes out to you, AE. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a few months, so I know how acute the pain still is in that time frame.Heart

My mom, my dad, and my sister that passed away were all born in February. Usually there is too much snow on the ground or it's too cold to make it to the cemetery to take flowers. My remaining sister and I are both June babies, so we try to make June a little more of a celebration than we probably would ordinarily have done.

Gollum the Great
Rohan

Jun 9 2011, 5:16pm

Post #8 of 72 (284 views)
Shortcut
June birthdays rock! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 5:40pm

Post #9 of 72 (363 views)
Shortcut
my parents partied on New Years Eve... [In reply to] Can't Post

...apparently.

work it out.

Aunt Dora and I are birthday mates.

(there was another Torn member that shared ours, too, but they haven't been active in awhile.)

plus.. one of my soundtrack friends has that same birthday.

Patty
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 6:01pm

Post #10 of 72 (297 views)
Shortcut
I would have thought that there would be a ton of November birthdays... [In reply to] Can't Post

considering Valentine's day and all.Heart

My eldest child was born Nov. 15th.Sly

macfalk
Valinor

Jun 9 2011, 6:21pm

Post #11 of 72 (317 views)
Shortcut
do many people celebrate valentines day in the US? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just curious - not that many people do so here and I've never thought about it either... it's a bit like Halloween, it hasnt got its breakthrough - yet.

Patty
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 6:24pm

Post #12 of 72 (294 views)
Shortcut
I'd say Valentine's day is still big here. For one thing... [In reply to] Can't Post

it greatly benefits the card, restaurant, gift and liquor industries--not to mention the hospitals 9mos. later. Big business will never let that fail, just like Christmas will always be the commercial push that it is.Unimpressed

macfalk
Valinor

Jun 9 2011, 6:30pm

Post #13 of 72 (347 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of traditions/celebrations [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm hoping somebody brings your Thanksgiving holiday over here! My friend who just came back from a 1 year stay in America just told me how big and awesome Thanksgiving was... I support anything that has good food involved! Cool

(This post was edited by macfalk on Jun 9 2011, 6:31pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 6:36pm

Post #14 of 72 (299 views)
Shortcut
March, Friday the 13th [In reply to] Can't Post

13:00

This means something.

Patty
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 6:42pm

Post #15 of 72 (260 views)
Shortcut
Oh, and... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think many couples get engaged or get their rings at Valentine's day, so I imagine the diamond industry will help to keep it hyped. I notice more "a diamond is forever commercials in February."

diedye
Grey Havens

Jun 9 2011, 6:50pm

Post #16 of 72 (302 views)
Shortcut
*holds up a cross*... [In reply to] Can't Post

I swear, if there's a tattoo of 666 on your scalp....

Evil

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 7:07pm

Post #17 of 72 (283 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I got a scar from being kicked in the head by a horse once.

So that's one "6", though it looks more kinda like a backwards "J".

That's the only thing I really noticed last time I shaved my head, but that was a long time ago and some other stuff might have been added since then.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 9 2011, 7:43pm

Post #18 of 72 (304 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Patty, that's very sweet. [In reply to] Can't Post

My mom would have been 86 this year, so she'd had a good, long and adventurous life. She'd done 42 years of living before she had even had us kids. It's almost as if she had an Act I and Act II. And, blessedly, her Act III was very short.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 9 2011, 7:45pm

Post #19 of 72 (339 views)
Shortcut
Mr. Eruvande, The Little Goblin and my youngest brother are all June kids. [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Eruvande and my brother even share the same day, although not the same year. Smile

Gollum the Great
Rohan

Jun 9 2011, 8:35pm

Post #20 of 72 (280 views)
Shortcut
Besides being a great time to celebrate thankfulness... [In reply to] Can't Post

it's also a great time to practice your hobbit skills with "filling up the corners" Wink

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Jun 9 2011, 8:44pm

Post #21 of 72 (261 views)
Shortcut
I'd have to agree with that [In reply to] Can't Post

June birthdays do rock.

Mine's just a couple of days away. Wink

Patty
Immortal

Jun 9 2011, 9:01pm

Post #22 of 72 (272 views)
Shortcut
Well happy birthday to you, in case I miss it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Geminis are twice the fun.Laugh

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Jun 9 2011, 9:22pm

Post #23 of 72 (271 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Patty! [In reply to] Can't Post

And the same to you, though it's a day late. Blush I'm glad that you had such a good day with your son.

Vangalad
Lorien

Jun 9 2011, 11:26pm

Post #24 of 72 (262 views)
Shortcut
June too [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheers to all Juneborns!

Hamfast
Rohan

Jun 10 2011, 12:08am

Post #25 of 72 (229 views)
Shortcut
Barely March [In reply to] Can't Post

31st to be exact. I always give my folks a hard time that they just changed the date so I wouldn't be an April fool's babyWink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.