Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Elizabeth Swann vs. Arwen

SwimIrish
The Shire

Jun 1 2011, 3:44am

Post #1 of 8 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Elizabeth Swann vs. Arwen Can't Post

(Just a sword fight) Despite my undying love and affection for Keira Knightley, I think I'm gonna have to go with Arwen. I just feel like anything out of Middle Earth trumps pretty much anything and everything else. Thoughts?

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Jun 1 2011, 3:16pm

Post #2 of 8 (198 views)
Shortcut
Arwen of the movie who seemed to know a thing or two about swords [In reply to] Can't Post

would have many advantages...height, years of training etc. However, Arwen of the books....no indication of any martial training...so, possible toss up with her elven physicality giving her the edge.

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 1 2011, 4:51pm

Post #3 of 8 (212 views)
Shortcut
Elizabeth Swann had no hesitation about [In reply to] Can't Post

fighting dirty when necessary (handcuffing Jack to the Pearl, anyone?) so she would be a fairly formidable foe.
However Arwen does have that whole Elf ability to influence the elements thing going.... such as water.
So if they were swordfighting on a ship, she could perhaps call up the waves to suddenly wash over the deck, sweeping Elizabeth, if not overboard, at least off her feet.
Giving Arwen the advantage.
My vote is Arwen.

TheNazgul
Rivendell

Jun 1 2011, 6:03pm

Post #4 of 8 (409 views)
Shortcut
Elizabeth Swann [In reply to] Can't Post

Dalamar:"so as you can see Queen Takhisis has returned."
Palin:"challenge accepted!"Photobucket

Symbelmine
Rohan

Jul 18 2011, 8:02pm

Post #5 of 8 (161 views)
Shortcut
Arwen [In reply to] Can't Post

Jonathan the Elf
Rivendell

Jul 19 2011, 3:08am

Post #6 of 8 (334 views)
Shortcut
Arwen [In reply to] Can't Post

In my opinion.

Jonathan the Elf (fan)

“How shall a man judge what to do in such times? Yea ask. As he ever has judged, good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another thing among . It is a man’s part to discern them, as much as in the Golden woods an in his own house” said Aragorn

ByThorinsBeard
Rohan

Sep 2 2011, 1:21am

Post #7 of 8 (552 views)
Shortcut
Swann [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure Arwen has millennia behind her, but Lizzy earned her sword skills under the study of several pirates.

Miss Swann for me.

< I suppose I do like her character after all ;)) >

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere." - Albert Einstein.

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Dec 29 2013, 3:20pm

Post #8 of 8 (30 views)
Shortcut
kierra [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.