The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli VS. 100 Uruk Hai

Lady Brynna
The Shire

May 30 2011, 11:53pm

Post #1 of 11 (1621 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli VS. 100 Uruk Hai Can't Post

What do you think the Uruk Hai (hope I spelled that right) were always considered stronger than regular orks. Also 100 Uruk Hai is quite a bit what do you think?

God Bless,
Lady Brynna

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

May 31 2011, 1:09pm

Post #2 of 11 (693 views)
Shortcut
Hhhmmm...that's hard but, I think that probably [In reply to] Can't Post

The Three Hunters would win. It depends on their surroundings I believe. If they had some cover they'd definitely win. It would be harder if it was a purely open space but, I kinda think they'd still win anyway.

I mean they killed at LEAST a hundred Uruk-Hai during the war of the ring. So, they can do it!Sly

Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kinds of writing they evidently prefer.

I'm a user. I'll improvise. -Sam Flynn, TRON: Legacy

Lady Brynna
The Shire

May 31 2011, 1:15pm

Post #3 of 11 (713 views)
Shortcut
Well.... I was thinking that too but............. [In reply to] Can't Post

100 Uruk Hai is quite a few but I would have to agree with you, it depends on their surrondings. Thanks for the post. I have been getting lots of posts since I started and I have only been here a couple days.

God Bless,
Lady Brynna

glorinfidell
Bree

Jun 2 2011, 11:01pm

Post #4 of 11 (714 views)
Shortcut
Well, Gimli killed 43 Uruk Hai... [In reply to] Can't Post

at Helms Deep, and Legolas killed 42. If we assume they can both do that in this battle, that only leaves 15 Uruk Hai for Aragorn. I think they could do it.

Lissuin
Valinor

Jun 16 2011, 12:51am

Post #5 of 11 (770 views)
Shortcut
On top of Amon Hen in FOTR, [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn sends Frodo off and then turns around to face all those Urik-Hai alone. I LOVED that. And then his 2 buddies show up and the baddies fall like flies. Of course they could take on 100 and smite them!

Jonathan the Elf
Rivendell

Jul 16 2011, 6:48am

Post #6 of 11 (851 views)
Shortcut
In my opinion [In reply to] Can't Post

Well Legolas could take on a hundred Uruks by himself Aragron could probaly do it as well but all of them together Man, Elf, and Dwarf Vs. the Uruks a walk in the park.

Jonathan the Elf

Jonathan the Elf

Turin Turambar
The Shire

Jul 25 2011, 11:32pm

Post #7 of 11 (609 views)
Shortcut
The three hunters would prevail [In reply to] Can't Post

Why is this question even being asked? Just watch the last part of FOTR at Amon Hen, the three heroes easily kill 100+ Orcs, even if the count is a bit short, they could easily take down more Orcs. Perhaps the better example is at helms deep, where Legolas and Gimli take down about 40 Orcs each, which leaves Aragorn who contains better fighting skills than them all bringing the count to 100+

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2011, 4:18am

Post #8 of 11 (585 views)
Shortcut
That's unfair for the Uruk-hai [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of them didn't get a change, as they were climbing the stairs, and Legolas could simply shoot them / Gimli could simply axe them down while they were trying to get on the wall.

Plus, I think we should have buried Tolkien in a larger coffin, he probably cant turn very well in his. -Rossmonster

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2011, 4:20am

Post #9 of 11 (1189 views)
Shortcut
The 100 Uruk-hai [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli aren't supermen, and the Uruk-hair are no wussies.

I'd hate it if they managed to take them all down in a fair fight on open ground. That would be silly and boring. The enemy is supposed to be storng and scary.

Plus, I think we should have buried Tolkien in a larger coffin, he probably cant turn very well in his. -Rossmonster

Lysanor
The Shire

Oct 27 2011, 12:53am

Post #10 of 11 (861 views)
Shortcut
Agree with this. [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's be realistic
100 against 3 aint good odds no matter how skilled the three are. And with the Uruk Hai as strong as they are... even if they wern't it would only take separating each of the three then surrounding them, to break their defences. As was said above, it does depend on their surroundings. But 100 against 3? Sheesh.
Sheer numbers could overpower them. They're not all going to stand there waiting to be slaughtered and they do have bows and arrows as well.

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Dec 29 2013, 3:19pm

Post #11 of 11 (402 views)
Shortcut
the trio [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.