The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
'Disturber of the Peace' Art Print from Weta Collectibles

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

May 13 2011, 7:04am

Post #1 of 5 (4142 views)
Shortcut
'Disturber of the Peace' Art Print from Weta Collectibles Can't Post

The other morning in my email inbox, the weekly Weta Collectibles newsletter was sitting there waiting to be read. Of course as any fan does I opened ready to see if there was anything that I had to get into my collection. As I had hoped there was something that I will have to add as it's really something I think you all should grab as well.

The crew from Weta has announced the 'Disturber of the Peace' art print. Obviously, the name of this piece comes from when Gandalf entered Hobbiton and meets up with Frodo. The print however captures the scene as Gandalf The Grey knocks on Bilbo’s little gate door as they prepare for his 111th birthday. This piece has an amazing view of not only that moment but you get a truly beautiful look of the Shire as a whole.

Ben Wooten is the artist who is responsible for one of the best looking Lord of the Rings prints around. Mr. Wooten who for five years worked at Weta did work on movies like The Lord of the Rings and King Kong. He no longer works at Weta but when he did a couple of well know pieces he had a hand in where the Ringwraith on Steed and the Balrog from the statue line.

'Disturber of the Peace' can be bought right now on Weta's website and will be autographed by Mr. Wooten himself. The price of this art print is only $35 plus shipping which for an art print of this quality is a steal. Once framed this piece will look even more exceptional on your wall so please don’t pass up a chance to order this now. [Order]

Patty
Immortal

May 16 2011, 5:18pm

Post #2 of 5 (2475 views)
Shortcut
That is gorgeous. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a birthday coming up next month. The temptation is great, except framing costs a bunch. I still haven't framed my TORn map.Frown

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Magpie
Immortal

May 16 2011, 5:22pm

Post #3 of 5 (2486 views)
Shortcut
yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

framing costs a bunch.

It's the same with lamp shades. It's tempting to buy lamp bases for cheap at thrift stores or garage sales but then you look at the price of the shade and think... woah!

I simply have very little wall space in my house. It's a very open type of room structure with enough windows that wall space is limited. Upstairs, we have a hipped roof which also limits where we can hang things on a wall.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Patty
Immortal

May 16 2011, 6:16pm

Post #4 of 5 (2564 views)
Shortcut
I never did frame the prints that came with... [In reply to] Can't Post

membership in the Official Fan Club, either.

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

GillGalad

May 29 2011, 3:58pm

Post #5 of 5 (2629 views)
Shortcut
I just got my signed copy! [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't opened it yet because I first want to buy a frame for it. It will look so great on my wall!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.