Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Visions Of Scenes In "The Hobbit" ?

DiveTwin
Rohan

Aug 1 2007, 10:12pm

Views: 830
Shortcut
Visions Of Scenes In "The Hobbit" ? Can't Post

I was wondering how many of you had thoughts about "The Hobbit" and what scenes you feel "need" to be in the film, at least in the way you imagine it.

I can't get the thought out of my head of how nicely "The Hobbit" can tie into "Lord Of The Rings" using Bilbo singing "The Road Goes Ever On And On". To me, I just start to sink into "Fellowship" when you hear Gandalf starting to hum, then sing that song. Great warm moment that sucks you into the movie.

So when I think of "The Hobbit" I"m hoping they maybe dub the song (with Bilbo's voice) as he and Gandalf head back to Hobbiton at the end with the song ending right when Bilbo arrives back at the Shire. Then everytime you pop in "Fellowship" and hear the song, you'd think back to "The Hobbit" and just instantly brings your mentally back to Middle Earth. Plus those that never read the books would then understand where the song came from as they hear Gandalf beginning the tune.

Also hoping the "backstories" will get fleshed out more - such as why Gandalf kept leaving the party to attend to other matters (driving Sauron/Necromancer out of Dol Guldor), telling why Sauron was there in the first place (rumors of the lost ring somewhere near the southern Mirkwood area?), more background on the Wizards Council (maybe introduce Radagast?), the Rangers who have been protecting the area for years, etc.. And if Peter Jackson gets to make this movie, then I'm certain all this will be addressed - and appropriately.

Let's also hope the recent comments and "quiet" end up being a positive thing regarding Jackson's chances of making "The Hobbit".

Anybody else with ideas they just "gotta see"?

Subject User Time
Visions Of Scenes In "The Hobbit" ? DiveTwin Send a private message to DiveTwin Aug 1 2007, 10:12pm
    Assuming there'll be 2 movies... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Aug 2 2007, 4:07am
    Great Goblin Voorhas Send a private message to Voorhas Aug 2 2007, 4:39am
    I want to see the Shire again FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Aug 2 2007, 8:33am
        Dwarve Fugue orcbane Aug 2 2007, 10:46am
    Spiders, Mr. Bilbo! Zillions of 'em! Idril Celebrindal Send a private message to Idril Celebrindal Aug 3 2007, 2:50pm
        Spiders and Legolas revisited orcbane Aug 8 2007, 1:06am
            I quite like it! Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Aug 8 2007, 8:59pm
                daddy long-legs orcbane Aug 9 2007, 9:20pm
            Doesn't that change the point of the scene? squire Send a private message to squire Aug 9 2007, 3:08am
                Excellent points. // N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Jan 22 2010, 2:51am
            Why Not Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Jan 22 2010, 3:14am
    So I've been giving a little more thought to this... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Aug 4 2007, 7:44pm
        About Smaug Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Aug 4 2007, 8:18pm
            Smaug is the key Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Aug 5 2007, 1:27pm
                World of Warcraft Cataclysm....hmm, similarities? Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Oct 19 2010, 7:06pm
    I think the approach should be very Hobbit-oriented - and perhaps Tolkien-oriented (like Princess Bride) squire Send a private message to squire Aug 5 2007, 4:25am
        Brilliant idea FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Aug 5 2007, 9:43am
            Not much to work with for an alternate version. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Aug 6 2007, 11:29pm
                Well if Tolkien could reconstruct FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Aug 7 2007, 8:48pm
                    Fair enough. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Aug 8 2007, 4:14am
        Hmm. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Aug 5 2007, 8:18pm
            How cool! squire Send a private message to squire Aug 6 2007, 12:32am
                Dunno FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Aug 6 2007, 8:25am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.