Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Exclusive: Trailer for LOTR Extended Edition 3-Night Event

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

May 5 2011, 7:28am

Post #1 of 13 (2206 views)
Shortcut
Exclusive: Trailer for LOTR Extended Edition 3-Night Event Can't Post

If you were not already excited for The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition 3-Night Event, let us share this exclusive video with you:

Excited yet? Tickets go on sale to the general public tomorrow, but you can still get to the direct ordering page by clicking on the following link. We hope to see you there! [Purchase Tickets] And don't forget to snag your LOTR Ex on Blu-Ray June 28th! [Pre-Order]

malka

May 5 2011, 4:40pm

Post #2 of 13 (781 views)
Shortcut
problems with the ticket purchase link [In reply to] Can't Post

The page when you click on "Purchase tickets" may be faulty. It did not show the theater in my area which will be showing the LOTR-x, and the one link it gave for my area did NOT work. A phone call to the nearest AMC theater revealed good news: it will be playing in our city; and I now have the tickets!

SteveDJ
Rivendell

May 5 2011, 6:48pm

Post #3 of 13 (758 views)
Shortcut
Too short [In reply to] Can't Post

But I guess this was made for TV spots (30 seconds) rather than a true TRAILER for theaters, which of course would have been ... Extended! Laugh

nusilver
Rohan

May 5 2011, 7:47pm

Post #4 of 13 (808 views)
Shortcut
AMC? Boo! [In reply to] Can't Post

not excited about this at all. Why? Because there's no AMC theater in Sacramento, CA. So those of us who live in the Capitol won't get to attend this without driving to SF, which isn't convenient at all during the work week. Bummer!

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

May 5 2011, 9:29pm

Post #5 of 13 (764 views)
Shortcut
Why did I buy tickets two weeks ago, when I could have waited? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have my three tickets right here in front of me. What the heck is up?

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

May 5 2011, 11:49pm

Post #6 of 13 (700 views)
Shortcut
Regal cinema in Sacramento [In reply to] Can't Post

Regal Cinema Natamos in Sacramento is hosting this also... go to Fandango or go to Regal cinema... make sure to set the correct date.. June 14, 21, 28

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

nusilver
Rohan

May 6 2011, 12:00am

Post #7 of 13 (743 views)
Shortcut
really? Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, thank you! I didn't see it when I searched the event website before. Thank you!

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 6 2011, 6:26am

Post #8 of 13 (759 views)
Shortcut
I am so pumped about the PJ introduction thing [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder what he's going to say about the films that he hasn't said already. Since they're really marketing that aspect as something special, I doubt it'll be a "Hi! I hope you like the films in glorious BluRay. Enjoy!"

Maybe he'll have some announcements to make... sort of use the event as a platform for a press release and allow the true geeky fans who turn up for the event to be the first ones to hear it.

Or maybe I'm getting myself overexcited about nothing Laugh

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 6 2011, 8:55am

Post #9 of 13 (924 views)
Shortcut
They did say [In reply to] Can't Post

that he'd be making the intros from the set of The Hobbit, so there's certainly a lot of promotional opportunity there. I don't dare hope for a concept trailer, but I suspect we'll get something as well as the Blu-Ray sell.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

May 7 2011, 12:32am

Post #10 of 13 (955 views)
Shortcut
Well if they hand out 3-D glasses on entry they will have my interest.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

SteveDJ
Rivendell

May 9 2011, 1:07am

Post #11 of 13 (650 views)
Shortcut
That would fit my theory of the higher ticket price [In reply to] Can't Post

Since they are charging $12.50, instead of the typical $8-10, my first thought was - might they be handing out 3D glasses, even for just a trailer or something?

Patty
Immortal

May 9 2011, 4:46am

Post #12 of 13 (848 views)
Shortcut
As I said in the other thread on this subject... [In reply to] Can't Post

"But as for the $12.50 price, we have to remember that if that screen wasn't showing an extended (long) movie, it could probably be showing 2 other films and charging accordingly. I've no problems with the price."

But 3D would be nice.Sly

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Elenlossė

Jun 2 2011, 6:40pm

Post #13 of 13 (640 views)
Shortcut
I'm Going! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad it is being re-released! I had only gotten to see FotR on the big screen. I have no idea where I was when the other two movies came out.

Elenlossė
(\o/)
./..\.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.