Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Sir Christopher Lee - New Video on Forbes

DiveTwin
Rohan

Apr 28 2011, 8:32pm

Views: 2358
Shortcut
Sir Christopher Lee - New Video on Forbes Can't Post

There is a new interview on video with Christopher Lee on the Forbes website, promising it is the first in a series of videos. What caught my eye was the initial statement in the article by the author John Farrell.

"Earlier this month, I had an opportunity to sit down with British film star Sir Christopher Lee, who on the verge of turning 89 is getting ready to reprise his role as Saruman in Peter Jackson’s two-part production of The Hobbit (among many other projects)."

I watched the five minute video and there was no mention of The Hobbit. Perhaps that will come on the next round of videos promised to be released.

However, I found it interesting that Farrell, who had just sat down with Sir Christopher, would not state the phrase "getting ready to reprise his role as Saruman" in a more cautious way if his involvement was still up in the air. It would be odd to use that statement (considering he just interviewed him) if the author wasn't told that by Lee himself. So is this possibly a "backwards confirmation" of Lee coming back in The Hobbit?

While it certainly isn't official and the article isn't detailed enough to confirm, it does make me wonder if that announcement is close. And I'll be watching for future videos!

"Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey"

Subject User Time
Sir Christopher Lee - New Video on Forbes DiveTwin Send a private message to DiveTwin Apr 28 2011, 8:32pm
    Uhm... painjoiker Send a private message to painjoiker Apr 28 2011, 8:43pm
        True But ... DiveTwin Send a private message to DiveTwin Apr 28 2011, 9:20pm
            how much speculation!!! KAOS82 Send a private message to KAOS82 Apr 28 2011, 9:39pm
            They (will) have several director-units painjoiker Send a private message to painjoiker Apr 28 2011, 11:33pm
                The wonders of modern technology. Proudfeet! Send a private message to Proudfeet! Apr 29 2011, 1:00am
    Love it! Maiarmike Send a private message to Maiarmike Apr 28 2011, 9:33pm
        This was my first thought upon seeing this article. He looks MUCH better. Patty Send a private message to Patty Apr 29 2011, 5:43am
            Heh... Maiarmike Send a private message to Maiarmike Apr 29 2011, 9:39am
                Hah... Patty Send a private message to Patty Apr 29 2011, 11:40am
    Somehow, the video won't load for me--it's just a blank white square Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Apr 29 2011, 12:12am
        can you try it in a different browser? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 29 2011, 12:18am
    YAY! Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Apr 29 2011, 1:04am
    Lee's website said this was in the works in January Mark Sommer Send a private message to Mark Sommer Apr 29 2011, 1:32am
    Nice interview, but horrible slowmo at the beginning... // RaoulJ Send a private message to RaoulJ Apr 29 2011, 10:20am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.