Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
**Founders Day - Video Retrospective**
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2011, 6:24pm

Post #1 of 43 (1652 views)
Shortcut
**Founders Day - Video Retrospective** Can't Post

After twelves years of constant coverage of everything Tolkien, TheOneRing.net stands as the top site for a social gathering for fans of the late Professor and his work. In honor of Founders Day comes the One Slideshow to (hopefully) show many of the great memories that the members of TORn have had in the past years. Click on the link below and watch at your desired video quality. I hope you enjoy. Smile

TORn Founders Day Video

"Oh, the cleverness of me."

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2011, 6:35pm

Post #2 of 43 (611 views)
Shortcut
WooooooHoooooo [In reply to] Can't Post

That's soooooo great.

That music and all those TORn-sibs and other famous people, how cool this is.

Thanks for making it, it is amazing!!!!!

(and if anybody ever doubts being a geek is just silly, is going to have to watch this video and admit how cool geeks are Smile)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2011, 7:16pm

Post #3 of 43 (600 views)
Shortcut
That was great! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was fun recognizing so many faces...including a few I've met and lots more I'd love to meet one day. Thanks for that! Cool

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2011, 7:21pm

Post #4 of 43 (595 views)
Shortcut
*wild applause!!!!* *flying tackle-hug* *high five* WoW!! [In reply to] Can't Post

YOU DID IT!!! WOW!! You've captured all the greatest geeky feelings about TORn into one big incredible, toe-tapping perfection! Thank you so much for this!

So many faces and memories! Absolutely wonderful!!!

*massive hug* You ROCK!!!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 26 2011, 8:23pm

Post #5 of 43 (609 views)
Shortcut
kewl! [In reply to] Can't Post

But... we almost need those images in an online photo album (set to a similar privacy setting as this video?) so we can see some of those pictures for longer than a second!

great job.

I have to say... my spur of the moment favorite is the one with two people holding their hands up like the Argonath. I'd have to go back to see if I know who they were.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Apr 26 2011, 8:27pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2011, 2:47am

Post #6 of 43 (577 views)
Shortcut
That was excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

I recognized so many pictures, so I have a good idea who supplied many of them Wink. Really well done - thank you!

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 27 2011, 3:23am

Post #7 of 43 (581 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, what fun. Laugh
I am so happy to be at this party - there is so much to celebrate.
*raises glass*
Thanks, One Ringer. Smile

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2011, 3:44am

Post #8 of 43 (577 views)
Shortcut
**Mods up and up and up** [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! Our very own family movie!

This was a LONG time in the making I know -- but worth the wait. I hereby nominate you for the Founders Day Hall of Fame. In your honor, I also decree that we should reprise this video every Founders Day. (No one said I couldn't make decrees, so there, I made one!)

Between slow computers, the boards locking up, and out of town guests, I could barely get on to enjoy the festivities here. I am so glad I was able to stop back and take in this midnight show (for my time zone).

Thanks so much for this great Grand Finale Gift! It was really splendid to see the spirit of this place in pictures. Oh the cleverness of you, indeed! Well done and THANKS!

*grabs popcorn for second showing -- and third...and fourth...and...hey, I could watch this as much as the LotR films...I love films with a happy ending. Smile

Weaver

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2011, 3:56am

Post #9 of 43 (574 views)
Shortcut
*wild applause* Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fantastic work you did, putting all that together, it is simply wonderful! Smile

Thank you so much! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 27 2011, 5:01am

Post #10 of 43 (571 views)
Shortcut
Now *that* was all kinds of fabulous! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well done One Ringer! Heart

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 27 2011, 5:09am

Post #11 of 43 (571 views)
Shortcut
*mods waaaay up!* [In reply to] Can't Post

That made me teary-eyed. I'm so glad to have met some of those folks in person, and so glad to have met so many more here online.

That Gramma gets around, doesn't she?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 27 2011, 5:11am

Post #12 of 43 (568 views)
Shortcut
ditto! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't able to get in much today either, because of computer issues. So here I am at 11:10 pm, and the first thing I stumble upon is this treasure :-)

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 27 2011, 5:21am

Post #13 of 43 (593 views)
Shortcut
Not sure, but I think they might be [In reply to] Can't Post

L.Ron and Greendragon. I loved that photo too :-) I've been using the pause button to get a better look at some of the photos.

RosieLass
Valinor

Apr 27 2011, 6:14am

Post #14 of 43 (572 views)
Shortcut
Hey! I know some of those people! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very nice! Well done!

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2011, 6:28am

Post #15 of 43 (551 views)
Shortcut
Lovely work! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Boardwalk in mangroves

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2011, 6:38am

Post #16 of 43 (598 views)
Shortcut
Yes they are [In reply to] Can't Post

and by the look of it even in the right place in NZ.

Tintallë
Gondor

Apr 27 2011, 7:00am

Post #17 of 43 (552 views)
Shortcut
AWESOME! Thanks!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2011, 7:11am

Post #18 of 43 (581 views)
Shortcut
My heart actually leapt at certain points... [In reply to] Can't Post

... and every time I recognized someone my mind went "Sil", "Magpie", "Rosie", and so on. The pics went so fast it was like a shock and awe campaign... I had to watch it a second time to take it all in Blush

And thanks to Magpie, at one point my heart almost stopped beating as my mind went "ME" Cool

You did great with this vid. And the party music was perfect. You rock \m/

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 27 2011, 9:07am

Post #19 of 43 (548 views)
Shortcut
True and true :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Patty
Immortal

Apr 27 2011, 9:23am

Post #20 of 43 (552 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

This brings a tear to the eye. We've had many fun years together, we TORnFolk.Cool

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 27 2011, 12:55pm

Post #21 of 43 (566 views)
Shortcut
That was so cool, [In reply to] Can't Post

when Magpie took you to New York, in a manner of speaking :-)

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 27 2011, 2:20pm

Post #22 of 43 (546 views)
Shortcut
You know, this was an absolute delight, [In reply to] Can't Post

and the music was just perfect. It was so festive and happy. I just had to see all those beaming faces over and over.

One Ringer i don't care how long this took. It was a great surpriZe*, Thanks for being persistent in finding a way to see your way through to the end, because in the end you made MORE smiles than we saw on that video and that is saying somethingLaugh.

You did good, thank you very muchly:).

PS Can you get me the phone number of that hefty woman with the thick eyebrows? I am in love.

*shows level of surprizity involved.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2011, 5:39pm

Post #23 of 43 (544 views)
Shortcut
Wow - not only do you make great videos... [In reply to] Can't Post

you also seem to have great taste in Doctors. Wink

Thanks so much for doing this - I spotted many wonderful friends in this, and was surprised to see myself pop up, too!

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 27 2011, 5:53pm

Post #24 of 43 (546 views)
Shortcut
...from Mordor, Barliman, if that means anything to you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it's GD and I. That was on our movie-location tour out of Queenstown, 23 June 2006.

Fight for us! And regain your honor, learn valuable technical skills, and qualify for up to four years' college tuition under the GI Bill! What say you?

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 27 2011, 5:57pm

Post #25 of 43 (533 views)
Shortcut
What fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was just delightful. Thank you! (But don't ever let the Gaffer know he's on YouTube -- he'll disown me for sure Wink )

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.