The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
The Return Of The Rings: LOTR's Extended Editions Coming To The Big Screen
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

News From Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Apr 26 2011, 1:25am

Post #1 of 70 (5829 views)
Shortcut
The Return Of The Rings: LOTR's Extended Editions Coming To The Big Screen Can't Post

Come June and Lord of the Rings fans will have much reason to celebrate,
for in anticipation of the BluRay release of the Extended Editions of the Lord of the Rings films,
AMC Theatres will be screening the very same director's cuts of the films over three weeks in June.

Begin the epic journey of The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition) on June 14th 2011,
experience the union of The Two Towers (Extended Edition) on June 21st 2011,
and behold the end of all things with The Return of the King (Extended Edition) on June 28th 2011.

And that's not all...

Check back at TheOneRing.net for an EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT about these events in the coming weeks!

(This post was edited by Altaira on Apr 26 2011, 4:11pm)

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2011, 7:26am

Post #2 of 70 (3472 views)
Shortcut
If I just lived in the States to see this.... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Patty
Immortal

Apr 26 2011, 7:39am

Post #3 of 70 (3556 views)
Shortcut
check back for an exciting announcement? [In reply to] Can't Post

You guys are such a tease!

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Apr 26 2011, 9:23am

Post #4 of 70 (3523 views)
Shortcut
PJ introduction and new footage? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Apr 26 2011, 9:41am

Post #5 of 70 (3466 views)
Shortcut
Very cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

An intro from PJ on the set of the Hobbit would be awesome for each film. Although, I'm hoping that if they decide to have new footage for each film, they put it at the end of the movie as a part of a "deleted scenes" sequence.

"I'm just a happy camper! Rockin' and a-rollin!"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2011, 10:18am

Post #6 of 70 (3483 views)
Shortcut
So Exciting!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been MASSIVELY in the mood to see these on the Big Screen again... and here we GO!!! :D

I was working with my local theatre again getting one of these arranged for this fall when they were told about this SWEEP ACROSS THE COUNTRY! I'm THRILLED!! :D

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2011, 11:02am

Post #7 of 70 (3509 views)
Shortcut
Hey! If there's any stuff from PJ on The Hobbit sets... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it better also make its way to PJ's FaceBook page.

I will NOT sit here and watch people discussing awesome things that I have not seen myself Laugh

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2011, 12:25pm

Post #8 of 70 (3446 views)
Shortcut
Oooh! You cannot leave us suspended like that! [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to know now :)

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

rings7
Rohan

Apr 26 2011, 12:56pm

Post #9 of 70 (3434 views)
Shortcut
Not gonna lie [In reply to] Can't Post

it would be very exciting to see all these movie on a big screen again. Blush

Bow&Helm
The Shire

Apr 26 2011, 3:40pm

Post #10 of 70 (3457 views)
Shortcut
Wasn't this already announced? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought for sure I saw this on TORN a couple days ago. In fact yesterday I was looking for it (to see if I'm near an AMC theatre) and thought...hmm, that's odd the post is gone.

The original post said something about (it was very vague) an hour of extra footage. Could it be deleted scenes? Hobbit updates? Integrated footage? I'll wait with bated breath.

athenslotr
The Shire

Apr 26 2011, 6:10pm

Post #11 of 70 (3433 views)
Shortcut
Is it just a single night for each? [In reply to] Can't Post

Fellowship on June 14th only, etc. Or will there be multiple screenings, each night, over the week? If its just a single night - does anyone know if advance tickets are already on sale? Because I have a feeling it will sell out quickly.

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Apr 26 2011, 7:17pm

Post #12 of 70 (3444 views)
Shortcut
Run times are longer than EE DVDs [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like the run times (at least locally) are as follows:

FotR: 3:50
TTT: 3:55
RotK: 4:25

Maybe that includes previews/trailers, but the first one (FotR) is 30 minutes more?!? Sounds like something special is added.

ShawnMR
The Shire

Apr 26 2011, 7:38pm

Post #13 of 70 (3382 views)
Shortcut
Only AMC?! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is really exciting news (though it was leaked a week ago -- I even e-mailed TORn about it, as I'm sure others did)...

BUT...

I REALLY hope the news-to-come involves announcements of OTHER theater chains because if its exclusively in AMC that will really, really stink. I live in Nashville and there isn't an AMC anywhere near here.

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Apr 26 2011, 7:44pm

Post #14 of 70 (3391 views)
Shortcut
Just bought my tickets! [In reply to] Can't Post

After facing sold-out shows for Trilogy Tuesday back in 2003, I'm not about to get shut out again! AMC is already selling tickets (again, at least locally, but I expect everywhere across the USA). They only list one night, one show. In my area (Seattle, WA) they only list two theaters. But they are selling them now. Price seemed a bit higher than expected at $12.50 each night.

Hmmm, maybe these are the rumored 3D conversions - I'd rather hope not, but I'll be happy with the event either way. Or, maybe they will have 3D early footage of The Hobbit (hence the need for glasses, and the up-charge in tickets??) - now THAT would be COOL.

So my recommendation to you all - buy your tickets now. If you wait for whatever these upcoming annoucements are - you may find your theater sold out.

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Apr 26 2011, 8:12pm

Post #15 of 70 (3335 views)
Shortcut
AMC only shows one night each in their schedule // [In reply to] Can't Post

ShawnMR
The Shire

Apr 26 2011, 8:28pm

Post #16 of 70 (3343 views)
Shortcut
Tickets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Where are you seeing tickets being sold at? I can't find anything online...

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 26 2011, 8:32pm

Post #17 of 70 (3302 views)
Shortcut
try Fandango // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Apr 26 2011, 8:36pm

Post #18 of 70 (3372 views)
Shortcut
Just follow the links... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just clicked on each of the three links in the original post. Each takes you to AMC's site, with a search for that particular movie/event.

Now, for me, it seems to remember from the last time I ever searched on AMC, because it found my closest theater (in Woodinville, WA). But then it shows a box to the right of the page saying there are no movie times available. For you - you may have to enter some local address/city information first (???).

The trick is - you click the calendar icon in that box, and advance to the correct Tuesday for the movie who's link you clicked. So, for FotR, advance the calendar to June 14.

Voila - it shows me (at least) two theaters in my area, each with one showing at 7:00pm. Click the 7:00pm time. Here, it takes you to a screen specific to that day, time, and theater. This time, the showing time is in red - and you click it - and it takes you to a page where you can buy tickets. It sorta is connected with Fandango (so expect a fee), but I had no problems buying two adult tickets for each of the three events.

After buying the first tickets (for FotR), I closed and went back to the original news post, and clicked the next link for the next movie, and repeated all these steps (choosing the correct Tuesday).

Hope this helps!

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2011, 9:12pm

Post #19 of 70 (3363 views)
Shortcut
Got my tickets for all 3 films! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait to see these on the big screen again. Come to think of it, I don't think i've ever seen the extended version of 'Return of the King' in a theatre. And if there is going to any special 'new' material, even better. So excited! Cool

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2011, 9:13pm

Post #20 of 70 (3324 views)
Shortcut
You could always come over and see them here in Atlanta with me. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a nice guest room. Wink

DiveTwin
Rohan

Apr 26 2011, 9:44pm

Post #21 of 70 (3303 views)
Shortcut
Booked My Chicagoland Tickets [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a large, nice theater in Woodridge, IL that is near my house outside Chicago. And I just got my tickets for all three. Can't wait! Just hope I am not traveling....

"Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey"

ShawnMR
The Shire

Apr 26 2011, 10:11pm

Post #22 of 70 (3340 views)
Shortcut
Thanks guys [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks guys, yea for some reason when I searched originally nothing came up but right after I made that post they popped up. Tongue

I'm really hoping part of the big announcements coming up is that more theaters will be showing this...kind feel like WB dropped the ball if it really only shows in AMC theaters. They could have at least gone for Regal, too, which is the largest in the country...

ShawnMR
The Shire

Apr 26 2011, 10:23pm

Post #23 of 70 (3348 views)
Shortcut
Never mind! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just saw that Regal is showing them too! Now if only Carmike gets on board.

Either way though, glad to see at least there's an option nearby!

concerning Hobbits
The Shire

Apr 26 2011, 11:47pm

Post #24 of 70 (3280 views)
Shortcut
Chicago land area... [In reply to] Can't Post

Anybody up for a LOTR shindig in the Chicago-land area?

In Reply To

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2011, 11:50pm

Post #25 of 70 (3280 views)
Shortcut
I have my tickets to the Roosevelt Road cinema [In reply to] Can't Post

in the city. I think Dive Twin will be in the 'burbs.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.