**Countdown to Founders Day -- Five Odd Rings!**

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 21 2011, 3:06pm

Post #1 of 6 (1645 views)
Shortcut
**Countdown to Founders Day -- Five Odd Rings!** Can't Post

Hello Gaming and Collecting Board Folk!

We're counting down to Founders Day, a party of special magnificence celebrated on this site every April 26. It's the day that marks the founding of TORn, which is 12 years old this year!

To help get us ready for the party, we've been counting down the day using a 12 Days of Christmas parody approach. We're up to Day Five, and since it involved jewelry this seemed a good board to post it on.

We hunted around for Rings to post -- and found some pretty unusual ones in the process...so here you go! Does anyone own one of these?

1. Here's a Balrog Ring...

2. A Gollum Ring..

3. A Kings of Men Ring...

4. A One Ring on a Lighted Base...

5. And a Ring on a Mt. Doom Base...

Hope to see you on Founders Day! Lots of games and fun! Rings optional!

Weaver

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Apr 21 2011, 7:10pm

Post #2 of 6 (1333 views)
Shortcut
/hehehe niiiiiiiceeee! i can bring only a silver replica one ring to the mix/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

and through it all we remain strong and true
for eternity is bonds unbroken
beyond the sea...

into the realm of TORN!

wheres breakfast?

beauty is not skin deep, it is as deep as the wish of the beholder.
fore! fore! wassup!

stormcrow20
Gondor

Apr 22 2011, 8:37am

Post #3 of 6 (1394 views)
Shortcut
I have number four... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and would like to get number five one of these days. That display base is really cool! Both were made by Applause, which also made a few other rings from the movies. I got a good deal on the whole set back when LotR merchandise was everywhere. The set included Nenya, Vilya, the Ring of Barahir, the Ring of the Witch-king, and yet another variation of the One Ring. They were cheaply made, but nice little novelties. I still wish they had made Narya to complete the Three, and still wonder why they didn't.

For a long time I had the One Ring (number four on your list) displayed in its base on my bookshelf, and sometimes when I would reach for something on the shelf, it would light up all by itself. It wouldn't do it every time, just randomly. Kind of gave me the creeps! Laugh

A greenlight from the shadows shall spring!

(This post was edited by stormcrow20 on Apr 22 2011, 8:45am)

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 23 2011, 1:06am

Post #4 of 6 (1275 views)
Shortcut
I'm kind of tempted by number five myself... [In reply to] Can't Post

You get the ring and Mt. Doom...though it is kind of goulish I guess to have something in its death throes on your shelf, even if it is an evil Ring!

Love your self-lighting Ring display story. If it ever flashes, hisses or says "I see you you!", I'd sell it on E-bay -- quickly!

Weaver

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Apr 23 2011, 2:50am

Post #5 of 6 (1449 views)
Shortcut
I don't have any of these... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I do have a Nenya replication. I love it!

Wraith Buster
Gondor

May 13 2011, 11:01pm

Post #6 of 6 (1542 views)
Shortcut
Number 1 and number 5 are interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure if I would want to wear number 2 around though. *snert*Sly

Pedich Edhellen? Lau? Hria cuilė.

End of line.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.