Some very sweet looking Hobbit cakes
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 5:14pm

Post #1 of 30 (1014 views)
Shortcut
Some very sweet looking Hobbit cakes Can't Post

For those of you not familiar with them, the Cake Wrecks blog takes a regularly scheduled break from their usual, well, wrecks to post Sunday Sweets -- a themed collection of some of the best professional cakes. In honor of PJ's video from the set, they posted an extra, Hobbit-themed Sweets this week. Enjoy!

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/...-and-back-again.html

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Patty
Immortal

Apr 19 2011, 5:16pm

Post #2 of 30 (541 views)
Shortcut
These are awesome! I've got a birthday coming up in June... [In reply to] Can't Post

this would be a present all unto itself.

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 5:32pm

Post #3 of 30 (534 views)
Shortcut
My birthday's in June, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

But those cakes are waaay too pretty to eat. I mean, wouldn't you feel like one of Sharkey's goons scouring the Shire if you cut into one?

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Apr 19 2011, 6:05pm

Post #4 of 30 (523 views)
Shortcut
How fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

A friend of mine got married recently, and decided to let her husband plan the wedding... and ended up having a Lord of the Rings themed wedding. The cake had her name and his name written in elvish script.

It was funny, my mom and I were a little late to the ceremony, and as we walked into the hallway before the room the actual ceremony was taking place, I noticed Lord of the Rings flags all over the hallway. I asked my mom why there were LotR flags, and she thought they were flags for something else. I was like, "no mom, that's the white tree of Gondor, and those are Rohan horses. What's going on?" I hadn't known my friend's fiance was a Ringer, and now I like him even more now! Wink

Patty
Immortal

Apr 19 2011, 6:38pm

Post #5 of 30 (523 views)
Shortcut
No...I'd just get plenty of picutres beforehand, and then I'd eat it up! [In reply to] Can't Post

So, are you a Gemini or a Cancerian?

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2011, 6:38pm

Post #6 of 30 (520 views)
Shortcut
What a lovely idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

If there's an opposite of Bridezilla, your friend is it.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Patty
Immortal

Apr 19 2011, 6:41pm

Post #7 of 30 (518 views)
Shortcut
How very neat... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to have a Ringer birthday, myself. Hum...since the EEs come out in blu in June, I think I will co ordinate my own Ringer birthday. Trouble is, it's on the same date as my son's birthday, and he's anything but Ringer.

But we could wear our One Ring Tee shirts (there are so many floating around the family) and I could try to design an appropriate cake. Thanks for the idea.

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Apr 19 2011, 6:55pm

Post #8 of 30 (513 views)
Shortcut
Definitely. [In reply to] Can't Post

If Gabrielle is one thing, it's pragmatic. In fact, I think her husband is more the romantic one than she is. And the wedding was all done very tastefully, so it all worked beautifully.

Patty
Immortal

Apr 19 2011, 6:56pm

Post #9 of 30 (508 views)
Shortcut
No pictures? [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Apr 19 2011, 6:59pm

Post #10 of 30 (512 views)
Shortcut
Isn't it funny? [In reply to] Can't Post

So many who have posted to this thread have June birthdays? Mine is in June as well! I had a similar problem to you and your son... my grandmother's birthday was a week before mine (I was actually supposed to be born on her birthday), and it often interfered with my birthday plans, as she always had a huge party. We found ways to make it work though.

I felt worse for my younger brother, whose birthday is a week before Christmas. You can imagine how difficult it is to have a birthday party that time of year!

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Apr 19 2011, 7:00pm

Post #11 of 30 (521 views)
Shortcut
I don't have any pictures myself. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'd probably have to ask for permission from my friend. I'm always careful about not posting pictures of people on the internet without asking them first. But I'll see if I can at least find a picture of the cake.

M&M
Rivendell

Apr 19 2011, 7:05pm

Post #12 of 30 (503 views)
Shortcut
...but I could never bring myself to eat those. [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like they took hours to make. How could I ever forgive myself?! Crazy

"It's a sad state of affairs when we consider that fantasy, which should rightly be the domain of myth, wonder, and what Warren Ellis calls "mad, beautiful ideas," is the second most rigidly unimaginative genre out there"-Unknown

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 7:32pm

Post #13 of 30 (510 views)
Shortcut
I'm one of those crabby people [In reply to] Can't Post

Just barely, though. I'm on June 22. The Gaffer's birthday is June 21 -- and yes, we were born in the same year. He and I are the only ones in the family with June birthdays, although one of our daughters-in-law is July 1, another crab, but only astrologically speaking. Smile

What a nice collection of June birthdays here!

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2011, 8:10pm

Post #14 of 30 (500 views)
Shortcut
I wish someone would ask me to do a LoTR cake... [In reply to] Can't Post

The only person I know who'd want one is me... and it wouldn't feel right making my own birthday cake!

And back again
Rivendell

Apr 19 2011, 8:50pm

Post #15 of 30 (489 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I dunno [In reply to] Can't Post

I caught my mum making her own birthday cake today.

If you want something doing .. do it yourself. You could use that phrase as an excuse to indulge yourself with a cake you really want to wrap your teeth around.

I will go there ... and back again.

Patty
Immortal

Apr 19 2011, 8:54pm

Post #16 of 30 (495 views)
Shortcut
My sister's birthday is June 23rd, and.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I once knew another girl whose birthday was June 23rd. They both seem, at times, to have a little ESP. Wierd.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 9:07pm

Post #17 of 30 (489 views)
Shortcut
I'd ask you to make one... [In reply to] Can't Post

...except I don't think it would hold up well being shipped to Texas Unsure

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 9:10pm

Post #18 of 30 (494 views)
Shortcut
It's the Midsummer vibe [In reply to] Can't Post

We have a good friend, a very successful fantasy artist, whose birthday is the 20th. I think those of us born around the solstice seem to be a bit perpendicular to the rest of humanity, if you get what I mean!

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 9:17pm

Post #19 of 30 (495 views)
Shortcut
we should start a club... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in the birthday club with you fine ladies -- I'm June 20 and a "pat" in real life, as some of you know.

I think we all posted our mathoms within hours of each other last one year! I don't know if I'll get to it this year or not, June is way busy...

In my RL, one of my best friend's from childhood is another 6/20 birthday person, and so was a guy I dated whose nickname was Gimli.

My childhood Gemini and I used to call ourselves "astral twins" -- so maybe the three of us could be "astral triplets"!

Kel and I also share a surprising number of similarities, but I can't recall if June birthdays are one of them...but if so, then we'd be Quadruplets!Smile

Weaver

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 9:48pm

Post #20 of 30 (485 views)
Shortcut
Yep, make one for the portfolio... then eat it XD [In reply to] Can't Post

You could write it off as a business expense.

Patty
Immortal

Apr 19 2011, 9:53pm

Post #21 of 30 (484 views)
Shortcut
Yes, grandPatty1 has a birthday on December 2nd.. [In reply to] Can't Post

when she was younger, I'd hold up putting up a wreath and the tree and decorations until she had had her birthday celebration. Now she's 13, and I figure she can handle the run-up to Christmas interfering with the cake and decorations that say happy birthday.Angelic

Woodyend
Gondor

Apr 19 2011, 10:18pm

Post #22 of 30 (509 views)
Shortcut
What a work of art they are. Almost to pretty to eat. Almost. [In reply to] Can't Post

What a work of art they are. Almost to pretty to eat. Almost.Heart

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Patty
Immortal

Apr 20 2011, 2:58am

Post #23 of 30 (469 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, almost. I'd force myself. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Apr 20 2011, 3:16am

Post #24 of 30 (526 views)
Shortcut
Terrific looking dragons// [In reply to] Can't Post

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 20 2011, 11:50am

Post #25 of 30 (458 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

My sister can bake cakes like that!! I wish I was that creative!

I found this one on some of my cake-hunting adventures!

Minas Tirith

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.