Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
WHat movie do you nominate for PJ to direct after he;s finished The Hobbit.??
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

thehobbitftw
Rivendell

Apr 19 2011, 5:54am

Post #1 of 43 (1174 views)
Shortcut
WHat movie do you nominate for PJ to direct after he;s finished The Hobbit.?? Can't Post

I would personally address this to PJ and Ask him if he could consider a Live Action Assasins Creed movie.

(This post was edited by thehobbitftw on Apr 19 2011, 5:55am)

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 6:25am

Post #2 of 43 (577 views)
Shortcut
It will be a Tin Tin movie.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

lurtz2010
Rohan

Apr 19 2011, 9:24am

Post #3 of 43 (549 views)
Shortcut
so he's still going to do a tintin sequel? [In reply to] Can't Post

if he waits till after he's done the hobbit then it won't be out till like 2016

And back again
Rivendell

Apr 19 2011, 9:39am

Post #4 of 43 (555 views)
Shortcut
Surely [In reply to] Can't Post

it would have to be the Silmarillion.

I have to admit that the last time I tried tackling that book, I only got 1/3 of the way through.

I'd like to see a film that gave me an overall idea of all the book.

Especially if it came out in three parts... give me something to look forward to.

I will go there ... and back again.

AlatarVinyamar
Lorien

Apr 19 2011, 9:40am

Post #5 of 43 (544 views)
Shortcut
Very unlikely [In reply to] Can't Post

But I can highly recommend the audio book if you're having trouble with the paper version. The version I have was read by Martin Shaw IIRC.

micha84
Rivendell

Apr 19 2011, 9:57am

Post #6 of 43 (548 views)
Shortcut
Silmarillion is unlikely [In reply to] Can't Post

A remake of The Lord of the Rings. Tongue

The stories from the Silmarillion will probably never be turned into films. The Children of Húrin and the later events in the Akallabêth would make excellent movies, though they would be quite dark and serious (there are no hobbits in them for comic relief and such). A few years ago someone from Norway created a draft for a script of a 'Westernesse' movie, which was quite compelling. How could a movie about Sauron bringing about the fall of Númenor not be awesome?! But alas, I guess it won't happen. Maybe if technology advances further, fans will one day pull it off quite nicely. Or maybe the Tolkien Estate will come to their senses.

And back again
Rivendell

Apr 19 2011, 10:04am

Post #7 of 43 (538 views)
Shortcut
But, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

one can dream.

Heck.. Peter Jackson LIVES in Middle Earth. He could do it. And he could make it gripping enough to attract a large audience.

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Apr 19 2011, 10:13am

Post #8 of 43 (550 views)
Shortcut
That would be incredible. [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love a film not connected to either stories of LotR or The Hobbit that tackles a different part of ME. Maybe something from the The Silmarillion, or something from Unfinished Tales, or a film created from the known histories of ME, that deals with ancient societies, or the Numenorians of Arnor, or a story about the ancient wars, or even something where they would have more creative license, like something taking place in Morgoth or far east where the blue wizards and Saruman once ventured.

"I'm just a happy camper! Rockin' and a-rollin!"

Alientraveller
Lorien

Apr 19 2011, 12:10pm

Post #9 of 43 (515 views)
Shortcut
Temeraire [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally I hope PJ makes the first novel into a film (because I want to see Temeraire on the big screen) and then produces the rest of the series (which becomes quite episodic) for TV. A similar strategy is being used for The Dark Tower. There's a possibility PJ may want to read all the books (I reckon they'll be finished by 2016) to determine the shape of the show ie. how much of the books should each season cover.

Of course, PJ will probably complete the Tintin trilogy with Spielberg. I presume Spielberg will direct the second film as PJ's busy with The Hobbit, but regardless PJ is the one overseeing the post-production. And then there's that hilarious pitch Stephen Fry (screenwriter of The Dambusters remake) mentioned of Nazi Zombies trying to prevent the birth of Christ.

Alientraveller
Lorien

Apr 19 2011, 12:12pm

Post #10 of 43 (542 views)
Shortcut
If the rights to The Sil are ever sold [In reply to] Can't Post

Let HBO do it after A Song of Ice and Fire.

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 19 2011, 12:59pm

Post #11 of 43 (545 views)
Shortcut
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

NEVER allow TELEVISION to DEFILE another great tale! After what they did to Earthsea?!! NEVER!!!

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

sample

Alientraveller
Lorien

Apr 19 2011, 1:05pm

Post #12 of 43 (512 views)
Shortcut
You can't compare Sci-Fi to HBO [In reply to] Can't Post

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 19 2011, 1:22pm

Post #13 of 43 (506 views)
Shortcut
Until it's proven to me I certainly can... [In reply to] Can't Post

No one has shown me they can do SF properly - and don't give me Firefly because that was NOT adapted from a legendary book!

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

sample

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2011, 1:55pm

Post #14 of 43 (493 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to see something original, [In reply to] Can't Post

He hasn't done anything of his own creation since The Frighteners, and now that he has all of these big budget adaptation blockbusters behind him, it'd be nice for him to let loose his vision on something new and captivating.

"Oh, the cleverness of me."

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2011, 2:14pm

Post #15 of 43 (483 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of The Dark Tower [In reply to] Can't Post

I would like it very much if a more suitable director than Ron Howard were found to direct the second and/or third films. Peter Jackson would be a fine choice.

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2011, 2:18pm

Post #16 of 43 (483 views)
Shortcut
... which will be followed by another Tintin movie. [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ and Steven Spielberg plan to co-direct and co-produce the third Tintin film. (Spielberg directed the first and will produce the second; PJ produced the first and will direct the second.) Of course, it's possible that PJ might squeeze another film or two between Tintin 2 and Tintin 3; they delayed Tintin 2 for him, so they might be willing to do the same for Tintin 3.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 2:21pm

Post #17 of 43 (504 views)
Shortcut
I've stuggled with the Silmarilion, TOO! [In reply to] Can't Post

You may want to get the Book, "The Atlas of Middle-Earth" by Karen Wynn Fonstad...it's a great companion to understand the First and Second and Third AGE! I've brought THIS to the attention of posters here before, and they who know her life-long WORK...HOLE-Hobittly agreed...
Karen died and jus' wish I could have met her. SHE BOWS to No ONE! xoxoOldBombadil

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Apr 19 2011, 2:23pm)

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2011, 2:22pm

Post #18 of 43 (476 views)
Shortcut
Assassin's Creed film? No thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Videogames should never be adapted to film. There is simply no reason. A well-made game can convey its story every bit as effectively as a film version would – there is nothing to be gained by stripping it of its interactivity. Yes, I'm sure someone like Peter Jackson would make a good Assassin's Creed film, but ultimately it would be no more than a non-interactive retread of the game – I'm sure he can find better ways to spend his time.

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2011, 2:29pm

Post #19 of 43 (484 views)
Shortcut
I would prefer other directors to tackle The Silmarillion [In reply to] Can't Post

In 2013 we will have perhaps eighteen or twenty hours of Middle-earth as interpreted by Peter Jackson. I think that's plenty. I would like to see other directors' interpretation of Tolkien's work. The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales contain a wealth of material suitable for adaptation – there's room for half a dozen films there; easily. Peter Jackson isn't the only good director in the world.

And back again
Rivendell

Apr 19 2011, 2:36pm

Post #20 of 43 (471 views)
Shortcut
I don't know [In reply to] Can't Post

Would they be that good? Would they have the same passion? Would they have the same interest? The same ability to bring people together and fill them with enthusiasm for the project?

Why change a winning team just for the sake of it?

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2011, 2:58pm

Post #21 of 43 (464 views)
Shortcut
Who said anything about changing the entire team? [In reply to] Can't Post

For the answer to your other questions, take a look at the period between April 2008 and May 2010 – the span in which Guillermo del Toro was signed to direct The Hobbit, with Peter Jackson serving as co-writer and executive producer.

Alientraveller
Lorien

Apr 19 2011, 3:02pm

Post #22 of 43 (463 views)
Shortcut
Remember, PJ wasn't go to direct The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm all for PJ and Weta being involved in a Silmarillion adaptation to some degree and that's probably how he'd like it. The fact of the matter is, Tolkien's family won't sell the rights to The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales or any useful tangent in HoM-E, for a long long time.

In any case, back on topic, PJ is working on Tintin, that is the fact. And after 2013 he'll have a well-deserved holiday before making another film.

And back again
Rivendell

Apr 19 2011, 3:04pm

Post #23 of 43 (465 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, he wasn't going to direct The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

and look how long it took to .. um.. do what exactly? They didn't really get anything off the ground in all that time.

Boromir2k
Bree

Apr 19 2011, 4:31pm

Post #24 of 43 (457 views)
Shortcut
Something different... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to see him direct The Walking Dead -season 2.

taekotemple
Grey Havens

Apr 19 2011, 7:10pm

Post #25 of 43 (407 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at what happened to Doom when it was made into a movie. There were some good actors in it, but they suffered for a plot that just didn't give you much of a chance to care about what was going on.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.