Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
**Countdown to Founders Day -- Eight Maids (and Maidens) a-posing...**

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 18 2011, 2:57pm

Post #1 of 7 (1460 views)
Shortcut
**Countdown to Founders Day -- Eight Maids (and Maidens) a-posing...** Can't Post

Hello Fan Art folk!

We're counting down to Founders Day, TORn's official "holiday" when we honor the four wonderful folks who created this site -- it's coming up on April 26, and the day promises a lot of fun games and a few surprises!

This year's Founders Day will mark TORn's 12th anniversary! In recognition of that milestone, our countdown is a parody of the 12 Days of Christmas, with posts on a different board every day, each tied into the number of the day.

Today, we're pleased to bring the Fan Art Board Day #8 -- Eight Maids (and maidens) a- well, they aren't milking-- but they do pose well for pictures!

I've hunted through the board and found some wonderful images of 8 of Tolkien's finest females. Here are links to our various ladies, as created by you talented TORn artists!

1. Galadriel -- looking fair (by Goldie Took)...and perilous! (by echoladyuk)

2. Rosie, by Frodo's Pearl-- with her happy husband, Sam Smile

3. An Entwife!, on her journey...by Shadowfaxfan

4. Shelob -- just hanging around -- by demanon

5. Melian and Luthien -- mourning her daughter...by WonderBroad (an extra maiden comes with this one!)

6. Celebrian -- it's morphin' time!...by Elistariel

7. Eowyn -- lots of cool Eowyns: in armor by Daughter of Nienna, as the white lady by EowynDernhelm, as a sculpture by AranNZ, as a sketch by Kelvahrin, as a shield maiden by Aragorn Strider,

8. Arwen -- and lots of cool Arwens! in her room, by Ainu Laire, as a sketch, by galadhwen, along with Eowyn, by Anorien, a small one, by fitzbellatrix, as a living doll (along with friends), by my immortals

I'm only an occasional visitor here, but I really enjoyed looking through the selection of artwork here to find images for this post -- you folks have some talent with a brush, pencil, charcoal, computer, clay, or whatever. I am impressed and will need to check out TORn's "Art Gallery" more often!

In the meantime, hope to see you at Founders Day --it's a lot of fun, so please join in!

Weaver

acheron
Gondor

Apr 18 2011, 4:51pm

Post #2 of 7 (788 views)
Shortcut
wow, thanks for this [In reply to] Can't Post

Hadn't seen most of these before. Good stuff. Especially liked that Melian and Luthien image. Very talented artists we have here!

Speaking of Luthien, I like this image of her that I found on Tolkien Gateway... http://tolkiengateway.net/..._Valle_-_Luthien.png

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 18 2011, 5:40pm

Post #3 of 7 (815 views)
Shortcut
you're welcome -- it is interesting to compare all the different versions! [In reply to] Can't Post

You could almost have a whole "gallery show" on some of the characters who have been most frequently rendered...

The image you posted of Luthien is lovely! Thanks! I only had 8 slots so I couldn't include Luthien in my "8 maidens" list, though I snuck her in on the Melian one...here are the results of a search for images of her, though, on this board:

Luthien images and discussions

Weaver

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

Apr 18 2011, 7:01pm

Post #4 of 7 (853 views)
Shortcut
Very cool! Thanks for digging those up weaver! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen some of those and it was neat to see some new ones. Thanks!

Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works, or of the kinds of writing the evidently prefer.

I'm a user. I'll improvise. -Sam Flynn, TRON: Legacy

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 19 2011, 1:22am

Post #5 of 7 (885 views)
Shortcut
Wow it's knid of nice [In reply to] Can't Post

to see some of these images again... collected in one place. Thanks weaver.Smile

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Apr 19 2011, 3:19pm

Post #6 of 7 (1570 views)
Shortcut
Talented Folks here// [In reply to] Can't Post

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Wraith Buster
Gondor

May 9 2011, 2:45am

Post #7 of 7 (1048 views)
Shortcut
Just got a chance to look at those [In reply to] Can't Post

Really cool! Smile

Pedich Edhellen? Lau? Hria cuilė.

End of line.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.