Jul 27 2007, 2:33am

Post #1 of 15 (7886 views)
Shortcut
Sam Raimi Directing The Hobbit Can't Post

yeah um... how does that make you feel?

http://www.ew.com/.../0,,20035161,00.html

http://www.cinematical.com/...-take-on-the-hobbit/

http://www.movieweb.com/news/66/19266.php

don't know if it's true but if it is. what do you guys think?

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë
Bree

Jul 27 2007, 4:47am

Post #2 of 15 (6330 views)
Shortcut
How does that make me feel? [In reply to] Can't Post

Like I am going to be sickFrown

Although there really isn't anything new in these articles. Just the same old rehash.

Peek-A-Boo!

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 27 2007, 12:29pm

Post #3 of 15 (6318 views)
Shortcut
What does your heart tell you? [In reply to] Can't Post

My heart tells me PJ will be doing it. Always has, even when it looked unlikely. And now, based on recent comments from Sir Ian (McK), (see recent TORn home page article) it suddenly looks more likely than ever that it really will be PJ.

There's nothing in these articles re Raimi that is new news.

It'll be PJ and co ... I trust me heart, matey Wink.

Nuradar
Rohan

Jul 27 2007, 1:18pm

Post #4 of 15 (6259 views)
Shortcut
I admire your faith, Loresilme! [In reply to] Can't Post

diedye
Grey Havens

Jul 27 2007, 6:27pm

Post #5 of 15 (6270 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't count my coneys before they breed just yet... [In reply to] Can't Post

No official announcement, so I wouldn't bet on it.

FarFromHome
Valinor

Jul 27 2007, 7:16pm

Post #6 of 15 (6277 views)
Shortcut
These are pretty old [In reply to] Can't Post

The most recent is from April. The fact that nothing further has been said for 3 months makes me think that this isn't looking such a good idea to Raimi any more. And even back then, Raimi was saying he would only consider it if Peter Jackson agreed (which is smart, because the last thing he'd want to do is to draw the displeasure of the army of Jackson fans out there).

Plus, as Loresilme mentions, Ian McKellen is now making it sound as if Peter Jackson is definitely still a player. McKellen says there's "movement in the right direction" (as of just a week or two ago), so that sounds as if the situation has changed since the articles about Sam Raimi came out. Things move in mysterious ways in Hollywood, and there's still every chance that things won't work out the way we'd like. But I get the impression that cooler heads have prevailed and realized that PJ's Hobbit is a 100% guaranteed moneymaker, whereas anyone else's would face controversy and resistance. Especially if the original Gandalf wasn't involved, and I get the impression that he wouldn't be, unless PJ himself agreed that he didn't want to do the movie.

...and the sails were drawn up, and the wind blew,
and slowly the ship slipped away down the long grey firth;
and the light of the glass of Galadriel that Frodo bore
glimmered and was lost.

Missa
The Shire

Jul 27 2007, 7:21pm

Post #7 of 15 (6261 views)
Shortcut
be still my heart [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope those are wrong and Peter Jackson directs it. I just can't see anyone else doing it but him. Sam Raimi? wow.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Bree

Jul 27 2007, 9:54pm

Post #8 of 15 (6253 views)
Shortcut
I couldn't agree more!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Peek-A-Boo!

Elven
Valinor

Jul 28 2007, 1:36pm

Post #9 of 15 (6257 views)
Shortcut
LOL!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mwaha ... Sam who? Wink

I have extra bucketsessss I'll pass them around!!

SILVERCHAIRS Daniel Johns gets the crowd going at the 'Big Day Out Festival' at Minas Tirith before Denethors famous stage dive.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..*sing & sway* "All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...
"Your friends are with you Peter"

fmaximus
Rivendell

Jul 28 2007, 3:36pm

Post #10 of 15 (6251 views)
Shortcut
Ian McKellen's ... [In reply to] Can't Post

recent statements sound very optimistic regarding the possibility of Peter directing the Hobbit.

orcbane
Gondor

Jul 28 2007, 8:40pm

Post #11 of 15 (6264 views)
Shortcut
Silent Movies [In reply to] Can't Post

These are older pieces on Raimi & I don't believe anythings been heard on him directing since. After that last Hobbit rollercoaster ride (which was a bloody mess in my opinion) I am very reluctant to put much faith in anything short of actual evidence. What amazed me about this movie world is how little these people actually talk (do they go by body language mainly ?) While we fans are willing to talk hours on end about even the smallest details.

Bree

Jul 28 2007, 11:17pm

Post #12 of 15 (6229 views)
Shortcut
Body language! HA!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just got the funniest mental image of Bob Shaye shimmying around the room and gesticulating wildly while PJ just sits there, looking bewildered!

LOL!Laugh

Peek-A-Boo!

orcbane
Gondor

Jul 29 2007, 2:41pm

Post #13 of 15 (6233 views)
Shortcut
Charades [In reply to] Can't Post

That is comical now that you mention it. I had been thinking more of steely looks and arched eyebrows. But I think they would have their representatives actually doing the gestures, and be filming it secretly, for analysis later.

Patty
Immortal

Jul 30 2007, 11:28pm

Post #14 of 15 (6220 views)
Shortcut
Here's the latest on that from Comic Con... [In reply to] Can't Post

scroll down:
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/07/30/comic-con-resident-evil-extinction-30-days-of-night-and/

"During the questions, we learned that Sam Raimi is not involved in The Hobbit film, Josh Hartnett was not afraid when making 30 Days of Night, even though director Slade tried to scare him pretty much every day. "Hey, I was in The Faculty," joked Hartnett, "so I wasn't scared." Other tidbits include the fact that the filmmakers shot the movie in New Zealand using fake snow but even then, according to Slade: "when your in an environment with all this fake snow it really feels cold even if it isn't."

Riding with the Rohirrim!

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2007, 9:18am

Post #15 of 15 (7684 views)
Shortcut
I don't see it happening... [In reply to] Can't Post

While he has displayed interest, he's tied up in the Spiderman franchise right now... though I know he's getting bored with that.

If anything, it HAS to be filmed in NZ, and WETA HAS to work on it. Those two are a must. I am crossing my fingers for PJ though.

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.