Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
A big Sorry

Mortae

Feb 23 2007, 2:05am

Post #1 of 10 (5685 views)
Shortcut
A big Sorry Can't Post

Frown Well what was to be a week of training turned into a month and the lap top I was given by my company went into the "John" for that time. When I did return home I was so busy and really embarassed that it took until now for me to log in. Gee this is some change. Thanks weaver for taking up the task and finishing SCOD. You have been a great friend to me since we've met here.

Although what has happened was not something I could control I am very sorry for not being able to finish it. I really don't know if I will have the time I once had for the board. The last seven years have been wonderful here at Torn. The good people I have met here and sharing the love I have for the stories and now the films have been cherished moments.

I would love to name those I am truly grateful for getting to know but I don't think there is enough room and I would feel terrible if I left someone out. But, know that if you are reading this then I meant that for you and thank you very much!!!!

weaver
Half-elven

Feb 23 2007, 2:30am

Post #2 of 10 (4993 views)
Shortcut
The return of Mortae! (and no need to be sorry!) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just glad to see your name around here again!

This is a community after all -- which means that we all pitch in and help out. It was not a problem at all to wrap up SCOD, believe me.

Hope you can come and play more often and thanks for checking in and letting us know you are OK!

Weaver

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 23 2007, 4:20am

Post #3 of 10 (4942 views)
Shortcut
I missed you Mortae... [In reply to] Can't Post

and was sorry you couldn't be there at the end of the old boards. I'm glad you checked in. It's good to see you.

no longer just aMagpie... I'm now *the* Magpie

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 23 2007, 4:25am

Post #4 of 10 (4951 views)
Shortcut
Hi, Mort! [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of us were getting worrried. It's just nice to hear you're okay.

"That's not right! That's not even wrong!!"
-Wolfgang Pauli after seeing TTT

linkin-artelf
Lorien

Feb 23 2007, 6:28am

Post #5 of 10 (4940 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to the new boards, Mortae! [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if you can't visit often, and we all have our ups and downs, there'll always be a chair by the fire for you.Smile

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"I walk along the shore and I gaze
At the light that radiates down
Will it travel forth to you
Far across this shimmering sea?"
formerly linkinparkelf

Aerin
Grey Havens

Feb 23 2007, 7:05am

Post #6 of 10 (4934 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's hoping things are getting back to normal for you.

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 23 2007, 4:53pm

Post #7 of 10 (4922 views)
Shortcut
You made it! Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

I left you a post on old Movie too Smile.

I hear you about not having time to post. I'm in the same boat right now, so busy with RL issues. I may have to take a break from the boards, but I so don't want to do that because it's something I like so much. Something seems a wee bit wrong when we have to give up things that we genuinely like to do because we have to do a bunch of things we don't like to do. But I guess that's a topic for another post - off-topic Wink.

I'm glad to see you Mortae and hope you visit when you can.

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Feb 23 2007, 9:02pm

Post #8 of 10 (4915 views)
Shortcut
mortae! hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

there have been some changes around here...

its just good that you made it. imo weaver has done a wonderful job with SCOD.

now and always
-e_H-
(elvendala of old TORN)

Cool

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

FarFromHome
Valinor

Feb 23 2007, 9:06pm

Post #9 of 10 (4903 views)
Shortcut
It's great to see you back, Mortae! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Lossefalme
Gondor

Feb 28 2007, 1:24am

Post #10 of 10 (5421 views)
Shortcut
Don't be sorry! [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like there are some exciting things happening in your life, and that's nothing to be sorry for! I have had plenty of RL interference myself of late and totally understand where you're coming from.

The new Boards are cool, aren't they? I'm really impressed. Enjoy and welcome back!

(Formerly Lossefalme3, just in case you're wondering)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. 'Elendil!' he cried. 'I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!' TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: 'Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.' RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.