Behind the scenes video is up!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

SwimIrish
The Shire

Apr 15 2011, 12:49am

Post #176 of 238 (1586 views)
Shortcut
Just Pure Happiness!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This made my entire week. It's just fantastically exciting.

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

SteveDJ
Rivendell

Apr 15 2011, 12:50am

Post #177 of 238 (1665 views)
Shortcut
Just one concern... 2 to 3 years?!? [In reply to] Can't Post

It was hard to tell if PJ was just trying to be funny, or if he was hinting that this was going to take longer than everyone expects...? He didn't say 2-3 years for the whole process, but rather, 2-3 years that we'd be together on facebook (at least, that's how I took it).

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2011, 12:58am

Post #178 of 238 (1610 views)
Shortcut
Sounds right... [In reply to] Can't Post

He'll likely keep doing these right through to the release of Part 2, taking us through the post production process as well. So 2-3 years is right.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

duats
Grey Havens

Apr 15 2011, 1:00am

Post #179 of 238 (1616 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

Film One comes out in 20 months (1 year, 8 months).
Film Two comes out in 32 months (2 years, 8 months).

So it is 2-3 years.

Eärendil The Mariner
The Shire

Apr 15 2011, 1:30am

Post #180 of 238 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Go for it, gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

At least now we have HD video from day one, instead of blurry newspaper scans and whatnot. :D What a difference a decade makes...

lurtz2010
Rohan

Apr 15 2011, 1:40am

Post #181 of 238 (1596 views)
Shortcut
ooooo you're in 3D.... looking good.... see ya [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ cracks me up

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 15 2011, 1:43am

Post #182 of 238 (1558 views)
Shortcut
*high five* You got that right! [In reply to] Can't Post

And someday I might learn how to spell :D

I'm still all foggy-brained from wonderfulness overload...

*twitch*

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

batik
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2011, 1:53am

Post #183 of 238 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Sqwueeettttt.... [In reply to] Can't Post

a combination of sweet and squee!!!!! Tongue.

(This post was edited by batik on Apr 15 2011, 1:54am)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Apr 15 2011, 1:56am

Post #184 of 238 (1572 views)
Shortcut
However will this weeks Hobbit in 5 live up to this. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think they can. Having Gandalf as the alphebitical focus should help. . . but still. I wish them luck. Lol.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 15 2011, 1:58am

Post #185 of 238 (1562 views)
Shortcut
What would be cool for H5 [In reply to] Can't Post

is for them to be able to confirm that we heard Martin Freeman as Bilbo at the end of the video. Not that it isn't obvious already... Evil

Rivendweller
Lorien

Apr 15 2011, 2:00am

Post #186 of 238 (1551 views)
Shortcut
So it begins... [In reply to] Can't Post

This was a wonderful way to begin my morning ! It is absolutely wonderful to * see * all of the happy and excited people here ! The enthusiasm is unparalleled in this LOTR / Hobbit Universe .

Just hearing the music again was a sheer delight. No one else at the helm would be able to send such a thrill of anticipation like Peter Jackson does. His obvious love for this material is what " brings it home ".

Well done Peter ! Very well done and Thank You !! Heart

There's something of everything here, The Shire and the Golden Wood and Gondor and kings' houses and inns and meadows and mountains all mixed.

....and there are Elves when you want them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Formerly A'amel from days gone by.

LordElrond
Rivendell

Apr 15 2011, 2:13am

Post #187 of 238 (1561 views)
Shortcut
OMG [In reply to] Can't Post

that was just... omg

Does anyone remember watching those 10min previews of TTT and ROTK on the theatrical dvds? It felt even more amazing than that.

Bombadil21
Bree

Apr 15 2011, 4:45am

Post #188 of 238 (1532 views)
Shortcut
The Bow [In reply to] Can't Post

I was intrigued by the (presumably) dwarven bow - it's fantastic. They're clearly continuing with the very blocky aesthetic they established for the dwarves in LoTR. There was also a short sword on the table - perhaps carried by Dain's forces, who are said to carry maces and short swords. It looked somewhat like a Roman gladius.

stormcrow20
Gondor

Apr 15 2011, 6:28am

Post #189 of 238 (1428 views)
Shortcut
Generally, yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

But The Hobbit could very well become the exception. Hobbiton is being rebuilt permanently, and Peter kept part of the Bag End set from Lord of the Rings...so who knows this time around? Although likely a very expensive endeavor, I wouldn't be surprised if other sets were preserved and/or moved to permanent places. They would be incredible tourist attractions, as sphdle mentioned.

One can always dream....Wink

A greenlight from the shadows shall spring!

(This post was edited by stormcrow20 on Apr 15 2011, 6:31am)

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2011, 6:31am

Post #190 of 238 (1502 views)
Shortcut
Sorry for the lateness, I'm sure to repeat what's been said, but.... [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW! I got goosebumps at the end, with the Ring scene and the intro... was that Ian Holm, and was that line previously recorded for LotR, or is it as good as it sounds? :Smile

Visit Mexico from A to Z! Index to the whole series here.
Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

elpana
The Shire

Apr 15 2011, 3:16pm

Post #191 of 238 (1433 views)
Shortcut
Better late than never [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I was the last one to see Peter Jackson's video (apparently not!) but I am so thrilled with what I saw. First-time poster but long-time fan and visitor of TheOneRing.net. The video was so emotional. There was so much to see and took several viewings to grasp what a wonderful film we have ahead of us. Hoping we get regular videos from Mr. Jackson because he's made us so excited, hasn't he? Just to hear that familiar musical theme and hear those famous first words from The Hobbit made me shiver. We are so lucky!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 15 2011, 3:33pm

Post #192 of 238 (1389 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn elpana! [In reply to] Can't Post

Or congrats on delurking.

Yes the line at the end was sweet icing on the cake. I'm excited again.

sphdle1
Gondor

Apr 15 2011, 3:38pm

Post #193 of 238 (1387 views)
Shortcut
You're probably right...tis fun to dream though // [In reply to] Can't Post

sphdle1

"You shall not pass!"

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2011, 3:41pm

Post #194 of 238 (1396 views)
Shortcut
Having just seen it again... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think the motion-cap creature is a Goblin or a Troll...its head and legs are all wrong. Possibly a werewolf in Dol Guldur?

Speaking of Dol Guldur, apparently Sauron's going to disintegrate again, (perhaps unable to take physical shape after his confrontation with the White Council)...and PJ muses he could go down fighting and "impaling people". What people? Lorien Elves? Radagast, explaining why he's not in LotR?

Anyhoo, off to watch the video yet again! Tongue

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Apr 15 2011, 3:42pm)

sphdle1
Gondor

Apr 15 2011, 3:42pm

Post #195 of 238 (1387 views)
Shortcut
Part of that Shire theme that played [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember the cranky looking old fella in the movie was in that scene where Gandalf lets off some fireworks for the kids ... in PJ's recent video release, that same actor is standing right beside PJ, so I am guessing that music will be there while he is on screen...

sphdle1

"You shall not pass!"

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2011, 3:42pm

Post #196 of 238 (1464 views)
Shortcut
...Actor? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah, now I get it. It's Richard Armitage! I thought it was Richard Taylor for some reason...

sphdle1
Gondor

Apr 15 2011, 3:45pm

Post #197 of 238 (1462 views)
Shortcut
If that is a newly shot ring scene, I am betting [In reply to] Can't Post

that they replace the Bilbo ring scene in LOTR for the EE blu-ray. I know some want that while others don't. It would be nice if they did it so you could chose...they definitely have the technology to make it happen on blu-ray.

sphdle1

"You shall not pass!"

(This post was edited by sphdle1 on Apr 15 2011, 3:46pm)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2011, 4:01pm

Post #198 of 238 (1395 views)
Shortcut
Not likely. [In reply to] Can't Post

Quite the opposite in fact. The framing and perspective of that shot tells me that PJ isn't concerned about exact continuity with the FotR prologue, and therefore will not get hung up on any inconsistencies (including different actors) - which puts my mind at ease.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

Tim
Tol Eressea

Apr 15 2011, 4:03pm

Post #199 of 238 (1443 views)
Shortcut
Bad Flagg! Bad! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Ah, now I get it. It's Richard Armitage! I thought it was Richard Taylor for some reason...

As evidenced by more than several female participants - if these females thought you'd mistake Richard Taylor for Armitage - you'd probably be hit over the head repeatedly with a rather solid foam mallet. Laugh

P.S. Nothing against Mr. Taylor - he's a fine fellow in my opinion.

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim?

elpana
The Shire

Apr 15 2011, 4:03pm

Post #200 of 238 (1364 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Sir Dennis [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the welcome! I promise not to lurk any longer!

Now, I have to go back and re-read The Hobbit so I know what I am talking about!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.