The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Behind the scenes video is up!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Tim
Tol Eressea

Apr 14 2011, 6:47pm

Post #126 of 238 (1668 views)
Shortcut
I think it's Ian Holm or a really really good impression of Ian Holm. // [In reply to] Can't Post

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim?

LoremIpsum
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 6:58pm

Post #127 of 238 (1706 views)
Shortcut
I think it's Freeman [In reply to] Can't Post

first of all why would they contact Holm just to do a short line for a behind the scenes video?
Also - remember Ian Holm complaining that there have been talks about him appearing in the movies but he hasn't heard anything in a long while?

Maybe Freeman was doing such a great job as a younger Bilbo's voice that older Bilbo just seemed unnecessary.

Anyway, just a quess, it could be Ian Holm in the end.Sly

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Apr 14 2011, 7:00pm

Post #128 of 238 (1610 views)
Shortcut
This video just made the rest of my month... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sweet Serling, that was awesome! ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

I would rather be watching Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"...it's going to be a long few years.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Apr 14 2011, 7:07pm

Post #129 of 238 (1596 views)
Shortcut
No time to read [In reply to] Can't Post

everything you are all saying, but the first few reponses seem to echo my own.

I was nearly in tears seeing Rivendale, and his mention of new areas had me shouting "Hall of Fire" and scaring my cats.

I loved seeing Martin and Sir Ian and all the dwarf actors in Bag End, and making Martin carry a bundle of axes, too precious.

And Andy being the very first castmember in the make up chair, as it should be.

And I just loved the Maori welcoming ceremony and the fact they had Richard take the lead role as the visiting chief.

The whole video is just precious and it's sooooo nice to see Peter in such a jolly, playful mood.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Aryawen

Apr 14 2011, 7:12pm

Post #130 of 238 (1601 views)
Shortcut
Can't stop smiling!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

:D :D :D :D

Loved every single bit of it including the end! PJ's excitement is contagious.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 14 2011, 7:18pm

Post #131 of 238 (1749 views)
Shortcut
Mostly vague hopes based on Dori's costume. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm mostly just referring to the purple-ish-ness of Dori's costume when Mark Hadlow was talking to PJ. It wasn't his cloak though. And I think there's some blue sticking out on the racks with Kili and Fili's costumes.

Rwraith
The Shire

Apr 14 2011, 7:21pm

Post #132 of 238 (1569 views)
Shortcut
WOW [In reply to] Can't Post

It's going to be a fun ride !!! Smile

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Apr 14 2011, 7:23pm

Post #133 of 238 (1643 views)
Shortcut
In defence of the Ian Holm hypothesis [In reply to] Can't Post

They probably wouldn't contact Holm just to do a single line for a behind-the-scenes video – but they may well contact him to narrate and/or appear in the bookend sequences. If he's already involved in the project, they may have gotten him to record a line or two. He said that he hadn't heard from the filmmakers in a while; perhaps he has heard from them since then? Or maybe he just didn't want to say anything on the subject while negotiations were still underway.

abcpo

Apr 14 2011, 7:23pm

Post #134 of 238 (1649 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much Sir Peter! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking... Is it possible that the reason why they're shooting Gollum's cave first, is to put it in the LOTR Extended Edition Blu Ray release later this year? Change the scene where Sir Ian Holm finds the ring with Martin Freeman finding the ring?

I don't know if they are allowed to do that before the movies have come out, but maybe..? :)

Eärwen Swan Maiden Of Alqualondë
Bree

Apr 14 2011, 7:25pm

Post #135 of 238 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Let me be the first to welcome you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome LemonJelly! You have joined an amazing group of people. Some of my favorite people, in fact. As for the video, it was almost better than...well...I won't say what in a family friendly forum!!!Wink

Peek-A-Boo!

Lausus
Bree

Apr 14 2011, 7:31pm

Post #136 of 238 (1571 views)
Shortcut
I hope it's Ian Holm [In reply to] Can't Post

As soon as we heard it, my wife and I both thought of Ian Holm. We both agree that the best person to do any kind of narrating in The Hobbit is Sir Ian. It certainly seems to good to be true that they'd put his voice at the end of the video, but they very well could have recorded him saying various lines from the script to see how they would sound.

This video was amazing! I hope to see many, many more.

Patty
Immortal

Apr 14 2011, 7:31pm

Post #137 of 238 (1637 views)
Shortcut
I don' t think they'll change that at all, but if they were going to, they don't have time... [In reply to] Can't Post

the blu-ray is coming out month after next--June 28th.

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Apr 14 2011, 7:33pm

Post #138 of 238 (1583 views)
Shortcut
For all we know, they may have replaced the scene already. // [In reply to] Can't Post

ragamuffin92
The Shire

Apr 14 2011, 7:36pm

Post #139 of 238 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Chills and more... [In reply to] Can't Post

I also got chills from seeing Rivendell again, but what got me the most was the scene in Bag End, especially when that bit of Howard Shore's beautiful Shire theme music began to play. :_-)

Of course, when PJ offered to have a fan blowing up Gandalf's cloak, the mood changed slightly. :-)

Mithrandír
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 7:39pm

Post #140 of 238 (1527 views)
Shortcut
This process is soo awesome to be a part of! [In reply to] Can't Post

Social Science's biggest problem, is social science.

"The ring has awoken. It's heard its masters call"

Patty
Immortal

Apr 14 2011, 7:41pm

Post #141 of 238 (1563 views)
Shortcut
Okay Flagg, I'm betting ya an ice cream cone that's not the case. [In reply to] Can't Post

I like vanilla.

(unless you can find some of that Kahlua ice cream that was floating about.)Laugh

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

(This post was edited by Patty on Apr 14 2011, 7:42pm)

Mithrandír
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 7:45pm

Post #142 of 238 (1695 views)
Shortcut
It is Martin Freemans voice at the end there.. [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm sure of it. Anyway it's not Ian Holm, that is certain.

Mithrandír
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 7:49pm

Post #143 of 238 (1529 views)
Shortcut
Very much agree [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not Ian Holm, the voice is way to young if you listen to the tone etc. But it's a good impression. It's most likely Ian Holm.

Mithrandír
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 7:58pm

Post #144 of 238 (1551 views)
Shortcut
I've seen the clip over and over and over again..:) simply brilliant. [In reply to] Can't Post

last count, 13 times ;)

Can't wait for the next tidbit!!

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Apr 14 2011, 8:01pm

Post #145 of 238 (1507 views)
Shortcut
Very exciting! [In reply to] Can't Post

And a pleasure to watch, with more than I was expecting to see, really. Looking good. A very gracious share on the part of Peter & Co.

With that said. . . I know there are some tech nerds here, who among you have broken each frame into stills for us to share, oggle over, and discuss?!!!

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

(This post was edited by AinurOlorin on Apr 14 2011, 8:02pm)

Mithrandír
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 8:07pm

Post #146 of 238 (1485 views)
Shortcut
hehe ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to see you mate!

Kapoof
The Shire

Apr 14 2011, 8:16pm

Post #147 of 238 (1486 views)
Shortcut
Wow... [In reply to] Can't Post

Speechless....

Yeah, that was amazing and surprisingly emotional. Saw much more than i expected to on the first vlog, but it's really exciting!

renzn
Bree

Apr 14 2011, 8:20pm

Post #148 of 238 (1539 views)
Shortcut
Why emphasize Narsil [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter took some time to show us that an "old friend was upstairs." Why did he put so much emphasis on showing us Narsil and saying that it will be shown in the Hobbit? Many have expressed the thought of a young Aragorn in the Hobbit. We've viewed this character showing tremendous reverence for the heirloom in the FOTR.

Why do you think Peter Jackson put so much emphasis on Narsil?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 14 2011, 8:28pm

Post #149 of 238 (1513 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking about all of the detail that went into LOTR's props [In reply to] Can't Post

that we never even saw. Remember the carvings on the back of Theoden's chair, and the detailing of the costumes that were *beneath* the outer layer? I wonder if PJ's doing it again with The Hobbit: Narsil is there, but may not even be shown in the films.

Or maybe Bilbo gets a good look at the shards as he passes by on his way through Rivendell. We'll find out in a couple of years! :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Mithrandír
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 8:31pm

Post #150 of 238 (1467 views)
Shortcut
ah.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't say that, a couple of years! ;) Rather you said, december 2012, or "in a good couple of months"!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.