Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Behind the scenes video is up!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 14 2011, 7:52am

Post #26 of 238 (2003 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, it looks great! [In reply to] Can't Post

And it looks like they'll be staying true to the colors that Tolkien describes.

Bexlin
Rivendell

Apr 14 2011, 8:06am

Post #27 of 238 (1997 views)
Shortcut
Amazing!!! Soo Cool [In reply to] Can't Post

It's great to see familar places and not so familar cast in those familiar places!!

Looking forward to more!

Nesse
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 8:09am

Post #28 of 238 (2101 views)
Shortcut
Wipes away a tear.... [In reply to] Can't Post

awesome made me feel so emotional and excited cant wait for more to come thanks to PJ for putting this on and for TORN for posting it, Im one happy bunny:)

RaoulJ
Rivendell

Apr 14 2011, 8:10am

Post #29 of 238 (1911 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Awesome, I got shivers... This was great and a lot more than I expected.

And about Peter Jackson... What a funny guy. And maybe it
s me.. but I got a Hitchcockian feel from the movie. The teasing and so on. Yeah definitely.
Check the trailer of Psycho if you want to know why (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8H3rg5GfM)Cool

Nesse
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 8:13am

Post #30 of 238 (1979 views)
Shortcut
my thoughts exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

Surely if theyre filming Rivendell Elrond will be there plz put us out of our misery regarding Hugo Weaving

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 14 2011, 8:19am

Post #31 of 238 (2001 views)
Shortcut
Deep sigh.... big grin.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... it's really happening. Smile

Eldaria
Rivendell

Apr 14 2011, 8:27am

Post #32 of 238 (1909 views)
Shortcut
Sweet!! [In reply to] Can't Post

just spellbound watching the video with the silliest grin on my face, and the moment the music started, tears of joy!!

“There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep ... that have taken hold.”

stormcrow20
Gondor

Apr 14 2011, 8:29am

Post #33 of 238 (1887 views)
Shortcut
It's happening! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm awestruck! Finally...it's happening! I'm so very excited and overjoyed to be here at the beginning of this wonderful ride! It's been quite bumpy so far, but I foresee smooth sailing from here on. They all seem to be having a great time, and I'm so glad they are allowing us to experience it with them! I felt like screaming with joy throughout the video. And that shot of PJ watching the screen with the hand reaching for the Ring, followed by "In a hole in the ground" ...wow.

I had just finished catching up on Ian McKellen's blog, so my level of excitement was already through the roof (especially when he mentioned they are adding Gandalf's silver scarf!), and then I came upon this. This is fantastic!

A greenlight from the shadows shall spring!

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 14 2011, 8:34am

Post #34 of 238 (1943 views)
Shortcut
Is this me grinning like a fool? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why yes, yes it is. LaughLaughLaugh

That was far and beyond anything I would have expected at this stage. So exciting!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Ruijor
Rohan

Apr 14 2011, 8:41am

Post #35 of 238 (1933 views)
Shortcut
I´m speechless at the moment... [In reply to] Can't Post

So much better thanI could possibly imagine it would be.

THANK YOU PETER!!!! Smile

gilgalad80
The Shire

Apr 14 2011, 8:47am

Post #36 of 238 (2000 views)
Shortcut
So much heart.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think what everyone including myself gets from the books, the films, and even this blog is that there's so
much heart and sincerity poured into the crafting of them it brings out the most profound emotions.

I was smiling from the second I saw that the video is 10 mins long! And then all the familiar beautiful sets,
the feeling of fun throughout and to top it off, the first shot with the voiceover intro... WOW.

Thanks so much, Peter and team! The anticipation that will have built up by next December will be phenominal!
But definitely worth the wait!

Best of luck to all involved!

(This post was edited by gilgalad80 on Apr 14 2011, 8:49am)

Blackbird

Apr 14 2011, 8:51am

Post #37 of 238 (1877 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit vid [In reply to] Can't Post

Absolutely loved it!
Wondering what DP Andrew Lesnie thinks of shooting in 3-D and 48 fps?

mona2505

Apr 14 2011, 8:52am

Post #38 of 238 (1841 views)
Shortcut
Amazing... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am sitting here, watching the video for the 3rd time, and still have goosebumps, shivers running down my spine, and the most silly grin on my face.
There's so much emotion in this video. So much feeling. And it is so much more than I expected to see at this early point of producion.

Thank you, Sir Peter, for allowing us to be part of this amazing journey that has just begun :-)

AlatarVinyamar
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 8:53am

Post #39 of 238 (1888 views)
Shortcut
In tears here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Having a full blown Geekgasm...

Ruijor
Rohan

Apr 14 2011, 8:56am

Post #40 of 238 (1885 views)
Shortcut
Man, who cares about 3D and 48 FPS right now? [In reply to] Can't Post

We have just saw Rivendell again for God´s Sake!! We have just heard Bilbo speak!!! We´re on!

WinkCoolSmile

Alientraveller
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 9:05am

Post #41 of 238 (1821 views)
Shortcut
Too beautiful, should've sent a poet [In reply to] Can't Post

Wait, they had Richard reciting Maori, how courteous.

I was gasping for breath at some points, I was overwhelmed by seeing Middle-earth return to life. So indeed PJ, here's to the next two-to-three years.

sushiking
The Shire

Apr 14 2011, 9:07am

Post #42 of 238 (1785 views)
Shortcut
THANK YOU!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You made my day SO HAPPY!!!!

Gnomeo
The Shire

Apr 14 2011, 9:20am

Post #43 of 238 (1885 views)
Shortcut
I can't find strong enough words to describe this... [In reply to] Can't Post

I already watched it two times and two times I cried... The end is so beautiful it just breaks my heart Heart

Bound
Rohan

Apr 14 2011, 9:36am

Post #44 of 238 (1759 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful start... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think like most people here, i'm left almost speechless. It was an emotional experiance watching this video, it was like be cast back in time in a way. This video is more than I could have imagined for a first look, its great to see Peter so into what he's doing, he looks excited again. He looks miles away from the man who was fighting to keep the production in New Zealand, he genuinely looks healthier after the ulcer.

but wow.. just wow, that last few scenes with the Moari's on the sound stage, well that nearly brought be to tears... its going to be a real rollercoster of 3 years.

so happy now though..

the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

lurtz2010
Rohan

Apr 14 2011, 9:45am

Post #45 of 238 (1721 views)
Shortcut
that was crazy [In reply to] Can't Post

no one can ever say anything bad about this movie now

maut
Rivendell

Apr 14 2011, 9:59am

Post #46 of 238 (1730 views)
Shortcut
Speechless [In reply to] Can't Post

and simply happy!!! Finally! What a tease!oh...

Far over the misty mountains cold

To dungeons deep and caverns old

We must away ere break of day

To seek the pale enchanted gold.

DrDeath153
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 10:15am

Post #47 of 238 (1762 views)
Shortcut
Currently sat here in a reasonable amount of pain from impacted wisdoms [In reply to] Can't Post

But hell that put a smile on my face. It's quite remarkable to think this is actually happening and to see all these people, almost the whole LotR team back with this cast which is, irrespective of my cynicisms, turning out to be an embarrassment of riches is just remarkable. I wasn't quite crying (frankly the whole 'stand up and give a speech thing' kind of made my toes curl) but there is just such a wealth of enthusiasm there, and even Peter Jackson who you would expect to be quite jaded given the circumstances of this production seems genuinely (though granted not naively) buoyant about it (I do notice that his waistline seems to have expanded quite a bit from the first day photos- I'm not going to read too much into it, but maybe that's what he needs to get through marathons like this).

There's so much in that video that i can't really quite digest it all quite yet, but yes, blimey, it's good

Dr Death

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Apr 14 2011, 11:10am)

labadal
Rivendell

Apr 14 2011, 10:16am

Post #48 of 238 (1661 views)
Shortcut
AMAZING!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously can't wait now, sooooo excited! Looks like Bilbo gets lumbered with someone's axe at the Unexpected Party. Going to be a funny scene I think. Really can't wait, that was amazing and it's only the production diary!

Earth shakes
"Stone breaks
The forest is at your door
The dark sleep is broken
The woods have awoken
The trees have gone to war
Roots rend, wood bends
The Ents have answered the call
Through branches now the wind sings
Fell the power of living things
The trees have gone to war"
From 'The Ents'

Vangalad
Lorien

Apr 14 2011, 10:21am

Post #49 of 238 (1717 views)
Shortcut
After a break of screaming and shouting in excitement and awe, [In reply to] Can't Post

I must say a BIG thanks to Mr Jackson...
Oh my God that was a real treat, he showed us so many things in this video,what a great start for the hobbit! Cool

The sets,Bag end,Rivendell,Gollum's cave...The costumes...The cast...
Oh, I am going to watch it again right now!Smile

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Apr 14 2011, 10:27am

Post #50 of 238 (1723 views)
Shortcut
Wow, that was more than i anticipated! [In reply to] Can't Post

The whole 10 minutes i had a smile on my face while watching. It's great to see them working again on a new Middle Earth film, old and new faces. Brings back memories. Smile

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Apr 14 2011, 10:28am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.