Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
“There is evidence that The Lord of the Rings was based on actual historical events”

a.s.
Valinor

Jul 25 2007, 10:38pm

Views: 659
Shortcut
“There is evidence that The Lord of the Rings was based on actual historical events” Can't Post

Have we discussed the book "Quest for Middle Earth" here?

Anyone read it? Any comments? I'm almost afraid to bring it up, but it's so...so...well, odd. Odd is a nice way of putting it!! It actually has three reviews at Amazon, and all three gave it five stars.

Q. I'd like to talk about your book, Quest for Middle-earth.

You are best known as a writer and contributor to UFO Magazines and other paranormal related publications. What prompted you to write the book about Tolkien?

I believe that mankind was seeded by an alien race. This explains the “missing link” in evolution. According to certain researchers our DNA was altered, genes spliced, etc. Homo Erectus thus because Home Sapien- literally overnight. God or what creatures of the time believed to be Gods may have caused this intervention. The Bible and the Book of Enoch agree that the Nephilim took human wives and created a new race of supermen. I believe these were the elves and Tolkien used this storyline in the Silmarillion.

These elves were the demigods of history and folklore and had names such as Hercules and Achilles.

I have always believed that mankind has reached high levels of civilization several times in our past, but natural disasters, such as Noah’s flood, caused them to decline.

I have traveled extensively in Mexico, Central America, England, Scotland, Ireland and West Africa. I have studied the Mayan civilization and Arthurian tales: visiting Tintagel, Glastonbury, Stonehenge etc.

As I was watching the first two movies it was as if pieces of a puzzle were falling into place, creating a history that I knew was true. Everyone has heard or read stories about dragons, giant eagles, elves, all seeing eyes and trolls. I decided to investigate Tolkien to see if he had knowledge of ancient history and I discovered that he did.

"an seileachan"

"The success of love is in the loving - it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done."

~~Mother Theresa

Subject User Time
“There is evidence that The Lord of the Rings was based on actual historical events” a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Jul 25 2007, 10:38pm
    Hmmm Voorhas Send a private message to Voorhas Jul 25 2007, 11:04pm
        I was thinking the same thing... weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 26 2007, 1:16am
    One review is strangely missing. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Jul 26 2007, 1:17am
        ah. thanks. restores my faith in humanity. // a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Jul 26 2007, 1:54am
    TORn's visualweasel has blogged about it - it's quite a tempest in a teapot squire Send a private message to squire Jul 26 2007, 1:22am
        who's "Visualweasel" when he's at home? a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Jul 26 2007, 1:53am
            Well, he's just this guy, you know squire Send a private message to squire Jul 26 2007, 2:33am
                um, a.s. eats humble pie a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Jul 26 2007, 2:40am
                    He's only posted Wynnie Send a private message to Wynnie Jul 27 2007, 6:38pm
                        isn't bedtime smiley cute? a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Jul 27 2007, 10:01pm
    Why not? :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 26 2007, 10:17am
        gives "well, I'm back" a whole new interpretation! a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Jul 26 2007, 10:49am
    The Elves were behind 9/11! Never trust an elf!/ L. Ron Halfelven Send a private message to L. Ron Halfelven Jul 26 2007, 11:47am
    What the ... !? luinfalathiel Send a private message to luinfalathiel Jul 26 2007, 12:09pm
        WWII... err, HP spoilers Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Jul 26 2007, 1:16pm
        There must have been more pairings of elves and men Adanedhel Send a private message to Adanedhel Jul 28 2007, 7:46pm
    I only have one observation Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jul 26 2007, 5:08pm
        I find it suspicious... N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Jul 26 2007, 8:49pm
            Gandervolpe... weaver Send a private message to weaver Jul 26 2007, 10:13pm
                suspicious+inconclusive=conspiracy theory a.s. Send a private message to a.s. Jul 26 2007, 11:17pm
    Orc Stress Disorder (OSD) orcbane Jul 28 2007, 12:42pm
    Thats not so far fetched ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jul 28 2007, 1:00pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.