Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Official Introduction & Welcome Thread
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Lembas

Mar 2 2011, 9:53pm

Post #226 of 666 (154473 views)
Shortcut
Hola, Salut, Guten Tag, Mai Govannen [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm Emily, 20 and British. I've been a Tolkien fan for most of my life (since 4 exactly when my Dad foolishly-?!- read me the hobbit) and unashamedly an Orlando bloom fan for about half of it...

My Favourite LotR characters are Gandalf and Eowyn (and Legolas in the films!) , my Favourite Tolkien book is the Hobbit, and I can't wait for the films! Outside of Middle Earth I'm a history student, who enjoys horse riding, theatrics and making things in photoshop :)

I can't wait to meet some lovely people here :)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 7 2011, 2:27am

Post #227 of 666 (154428 views)
Shortcut
Hi and welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's quite a young age for a first read of The Hobbit! Do you remember what your favorite parts were, or what scared you the most?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

KrakenGuard
The Shire

Mar 11 2011, 2:05am

Post #228 of 666 (154821 views)
Shortcut
Oh no, someone with a Pirates Of the Caribbean Based Name.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Goody, I don't have to struggle finding a right place to post a Newbie Topic! Sly And yes, I am still debating on whether or not it is safe to use a picture of Gothmog as an Avatar.. Tongue

Long-Time Fan of the Movies, Newbie to the books(I've only read Silmarillion, Hobbit and Fellowship. Currently on Two Towers)

Hello! I'm Kraken Guard! A Villains fan. Tongue

I was unable to watch Fellowship of the Ring at the theaters, but me and my mom were able to watch both the Two Towers and Return of the King at the theaters. I think it's safe to say that we are both fans of the movies. We've also got the Extended Edition of the three movies. Before Peter Jackson's movies came out, I also have the Cartoon Rankin Bass Adaption of the Hobbit and Ralph Bakshi's Adaption of Lord of the Rings(The Neverending Cartoon!!).

I've also got a few of the Lord of the Rings games, Fellowship of the Ring(Which is more book-based from my knowladge), Two Towers, Return of the King, The Third Age and Battle for Middle-Earth I and II and it's expansion, Rise of the Witch-King. Am also on Lord of the Rings Online, Riddermark Server as Morgilwen(Elf Hunter), Mordalwen(Elf Lore Master) and Nazgurl(Woman Captain). Would really like to get my hands on Conquest for the PS3, despite what other people say. Only problem is: I don't have a PS3..

As for favorite characters? Legolas is obviously on the list But I'm more of a Villains Fan(Blame Disney).

I got my undying love of Dragons from Maleficent, so any Tolkien Dragon has to be my favorite. But I am more familiar with Smaug from the Hobbit.

I also thought the Balrog was a cute critter!

And for the Nazgul/Ringwraiths? I'm not called Nazgurl for nothing.. Favorite of the nine? Obviously the Witch-King. :P

I've also got a soft spot for some of the Orcs/Uruk-Hai. My two favorites are Lurtz, the Uruk-Hai that (sadly) killed Boromir in the films and Most-Hated-Turned-Second-Favorite-Character, Gothmog(Ironic, seeing as how the guy who portrayed Lurtz also did the Witch-King and Gothmog).

Yeah, some of these characters are hated by alot of people *Caugh*Gothmog*Cough*, but it's their nature, the nature of a villain. Without the villain, there wouldn't be a story.

Okay, I think the introduction post has gone on long enough.. Howdy!

Punk Rockin Hobbit

Mar 11 2011, 3:27pm

Post #229 of 666 (155571 views)
Shortcut
*wave* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello everyone. I'm Punk, a.k.a. Gina, a 27-year-old Tolkaholic for about 11 years now. I used to be quite the regular on a rival fansite *shifty eyes*, but I drifted away a few years ago and can't seem to find my way back. And what with all this recent hubbub about The Hobbit movie, I thought it time I return to my forum roots so I can keep up with all the latest news and (hopefully) make some new friends!

I didn't join any sort of forum until after Fellowship had hit the theaters, so being around during the "newness" of casting and filming is going to be a newish experience. I can't really say being around during TTT and RotK pickup filming and editing will be quite like this, because everyone pretty much had a handle on the meat 'n' taters of the cast, and what to expect from them. This is going to be different, though. I have to confess, besides Sir Ian, Andy, Kate and Elijah (still trying to figure that one out), I'm clueless on this latest batch of Middle Earth faces, so I hope to learn as I go!

formerly Mabrie Brandybuck of ringbearer.org infamy

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 12 2011, 5:15pm

Post #230 of 666 (154052 views)
Shortcut
Welcome 'Punk; [In reply to] Can't Post

Love your user name! Laugh

Following the casting (still some to come) and filming (almost started - finally, lol) is a great experience. So glad you decided TORn was the place to do that. Smile I dare say you'll meet lots of kindred spirits here and, yes, friends too. Heart

Glad to have you here!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 12 2011, 5:21pm

Post #231 of 666 (154567 views)
Shortcut
You've *only* read the Silmarillion? [In reply to] Can't Post

My goodness, that's quite an accomplishment for a 'newbie' to the books! *is impressed*

I have to confess, I'm a villain fan too, and a fan of movie monsters in general (oh yes, the Kraken included, from the classics right up to the new).

Great first post! I hope to see you around a lot - welcome!! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 12 2011, 5:56pm

Post #232 of 666 (154862 views)
Shortcut
Hullo, Lembas! [In reply to] Can't Post

An Orli fan, huh? There are a few of us here. Wink

If The Hobbit is your favorite Tolkien book, you must indeed be very excited about the movie. Glad you chose TORn to savor and enjoy it all! (You do know that Orlando will have a short cameo type appearance in The Hobbit, right? That should help you enjoy it even more! Smile

Welcome!

TORn Calendar

KrakenGuard
The Shire

Mar 13 2011, 12:39am

Post #233 of 666 (160970 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit and Fellowship as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I've read the Hobbit as well and recently finished reading the Fellowship of the Ring. But the Silmarillion was the first one I read. Smile

Yeah.. Villains Rule! Smile

Punk Rockin Hobbit

Mar 13 2011, 1:55pm

Post #234 of 666 (154112 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Altaira! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am most certain that I'll be bonding with people over Tolkien before we know it!

Wow, that's quite the feat reading Silmarillion before TH or LOTR. I enjoyed it once I got into it a bit, but I don't think I could have made it if I hadn't already developed a love for Tolkien's work. Bravo!

formerly Mabrie Brandybuck of ringbearer.org infamy

Daughter of Imladris

Mar 25 2011, 1:11am

Post #235 of 666 (155780 views)
Shortcut
*Peeks head around corner* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello all, I'm new to posting on this forum, although I have lurked about in the shadows for years. I'm hoping that introducing myself will help me become a little more of an active member. Just a bit about me and my relationship with the world of Middle Earth to help us get introduced: Tolkien's works first became an important part of my existence when I was about eight, and read The Hobbit for the first time. Eleven years later I'm still a huge fan of his books, as well as the film versions of the Lord of the Rings. The Complete Recordings, the Extended Editions, as well as over 16 books written by or relating to Tolkien are proudly displayed on my shelves. For my graduation present my grandmother took me to see the Fellowship of the Ring with H. Shore’s Complete Score Performed Live to Film at Radio City Music Hall. (I went in costume.) In case you care to know more about me, you can check out my little blog: http://theleavesthataregreen.blogspot.com/ Please leave me a comment Smile

Well, I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you, and maybe making some new friends!

With love,

~ Hattie (Daughter of Imladris)

Melissa
Rivendell

Mar 25 2011, 1:16am

Post #236 of 666 (155822 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hello all, I'm new to posting on this forum, although I have lurked about in the shadows for years. I'm hoping that introducing myself will help me become a little more of an active member. Just a bit about me and my relationship with the world of Middle Earth to help us get introduced: Tolkien's works first became an important part of my existence when I was about eight, and read The Hobbit for the first time. Eleven years later I'm still a huge fan of his books, as well as the film versions of the Lord of the Rings. The Complete Recordings, the Extended Editions, as well as over 16 books written by or relating to Tolkien are proudly displayed on my shelves. For my graduation present my grandmother took me to see the Fellowship of the Ring with H. Shore’s Complete Score Performed Live to Film at Radio City Music Hall. (I went in costume.) In case you care to know more about me, you can check out my little blog: http://theleavesthataregreen.blogspot.com/ Please leave me a comment Smile

Well, I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you, and maybe making some new friends!

With love,

~ Hattie (Daughter of Imladris)

Hi I'm new here so I thought I'd say hello. I'm 18, still at school at the moment, hoping to get into journalism eventually.

SHC Tolkien Club
http://shcmms.webs.com/index.htm

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

Apr 4 2011, 12:28am

Post #237 of 666 (153563 views)
Shortcut
Hello [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all; I haven't been around TORN for a couple of years and wanted to reintroduce myself{and see if my new signature pic works Sly}...I'm from Texas and been a freak for anything Tolkien since I was 17; and read The Hobbit, Silmarillion and the "trilogy" twice a year every year.

A pic of my goofy self. Hope the pic isn't too large Unsure

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Apr 4 2011, 12:43am)

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

Apr 4 2011, 1:06am

Post #238 of 666 (153848 views)
Shortcut
Ok trying again [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok Ataahua think I got it right. Thx. for the help.

Marching Towards the Abyss...........

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 4 2011, 1:13am

Post #239 of 666 (159644 views)
Shortcut
*happy dance* [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfection itself. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Apr 4 2011, 2:04am)

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 5 2011, 2:36am

Post #240 of 666 (162176 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, ladies and gent! [In reply to] Can't Post

To Daughter of Imladiris, Melissa and LEGIONTX,

Thanks for introducing yourselves. If you love Tolkien, PJ and even fantasy in general, you're home! Laugh

I hope you all enjoy it here. Smile

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Apr 5 2011, 2:36am)

firebride42
The Shire

Apr 5 2011, 4:19am

Post #241 of 666 (153462 views)
Shortcut
Well, bother. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dunce hat goes to me for being so blind as to miss this thread. I actually looked for it! I couldn't find it! Crazy Wish I'd seen it a month ago. lol.

It's only been a month and I'm not even at Bree yet. Introduction still counts, right?... right? Unimpressed

Anyways. Joined a month ago. Lurking majorly. Occasional poster. Name's Rachael, but you can also call me Ray, Rae, or Annie. Or Moose. Or.. Tina... or any name you like, really. Doesn't matter to me, I don't post much! Laugh I'm 18, (sadly) from Alabama, and I very much love Tolkien (obviously!) First got introduced to it at a very early age when my oldest brother brought the FotR Interplay DOS game over. I was mad that one of the characters was named Sam, because I had a brother named Sam, and if a character could be named after him, why was there no Rachael? Yea. I was young Tongue Grew up with the Bakshi film, saw the Rankin/Bass a few times, then when I was 9 the PJ films started coming out and we absolutely loved them. I saw FotR 7 times in theaters, and RotK 7 times, too. We were obsessed Angelic I'm really shy. I'm homeschooled so I have way too much time on my hands (thus, the lurking), and I play piano (again, so hard to figure out). And I tend to be sarcastic online! I don't know why. Just happens. I apologize in advance (although it's not really in advance since I've been here a month... Hm.)

Oh! Dug up this old picture of me (well, it's 2 years old) from our local Sci-Fi convention. Went as a generic elf type, although my dress pattern is the same as Arwen's riding outfit from her first scene. I find it totally embarrassing, but you can see it here (don't know if the picture is too large to post so I'm posting the link. Pah Tongue) Complete with ears, brooch, and bow! Laugh

Oh. And I think I abuse the smilies Cool

Lady Ereg

Apr 5 2011, 3:21pm

Post #242 of 666 (160449 views)
Shortcut
Introducing... A Handful. =p [In reply to] Can't Post

Ello, all. I am Ereg, but you're free to address me by my name in the common tongue, if you know it. ;) It pays to be a plant known by Tolkien.

Anyhow, before anything else I'm in love with Jesus, so if you label me anything, let it be Jesus Freak. Secondly, I'm an artist. I love to dance ballet (I also dance hula, being in Hawaii, but it's not a passion), I love to draw (I drew my avatar, btw) and hope to learn animation someday, and I love to write. And more than that I love to do these things for Jesus. =) Oh, and I love STORIES, movies and books. Especially war stories.

As for my Tolkien fandom, I don't read the books annually like some, sadly, and I'm not an expert but I definitely have enough knowledge to blow away every single person I know, for whatever that's worth. My love for Tolkien is not in the facts but in the characters, in the heart of the story. So, don't expect me to keep up, but I'm no noob to Tolkien. Lol. Actually, I've joined this forum before, several years ago, but I didn't do much for that very reason. But I'm here to give it another try (unable to resist the hot Hobbit topics). I didn't remember my login info, so here I am, all fresh and shiny!

For one more thing about myself, the Fellowship of the Ring came out when I was 9 or 10, my first introduction to Tolkien. Been in love ever since. Read the books plus the Sil and some others after ROTK. Nobody tops Tolkien for me. =)

APStephensWSS

Apr 6 2011, 5:41pm

Post #243 of 666 (151856 views)
Shortcut
Hello to All [In reply to] Can't Post

My name is A.P. Stephens, a fantasy writer from Dallas, TX.

Been a long-time Tolkien fan and admirer. I love collecting new and old editions of the books and have found some good copies from my travels.

Even got a couple of cool Tolkien-related tattoos. Working on getting more in the future.

I hope to see some of you around the boards or at any events, if any come this way. Have a nice one, everyone.

A.P. Stephens
Author of The White Shadow Saga
Book I: The Stolen Moon of Londor
Book II: Shameless Wonders
epic fantasy

KAOS82
Rohan

Apr 6 2011, 11:19pm

Post #244 of 666 (154443 views)
Shortcut
hello everyone!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

it's almost 2 months I logged in but I've never introduce me
My name is Carloalberto, and I'm from Soave, a small country near Verona (the city of Romeo & Juliet) so I'm italian!!!
What to tell about me?!?!
Well, first I look like an elf (but I haven't pointed ears...) and I'm very athlethic, I try to keep my body always on shape so I go running, play soccer, tennis, cycling and in summer I love hiking but also go to lake/sea to swim and sunbath.
I consider myself a nice person to stay with even if I am a bit shy, however when I'm hurt I can become veruy agressive.
My fav colour is orange (do you know kimagure orange road??) my fav fruit is strawberry and as italian I really like pasta and pizza; I hear every kinda music, even classic when I want to relax myself, my fav bands are SUM 41, Oasis & Coldplay, I like Christina Aguilera's voice and Rihanna <3
I'm a great reader, I love fantasy books but also thrillers and romances (Clive Cussler my fav one)
In matter of movies, I like actions (Bruce Willis) and thrillers ones, I hate musicals while on TV I watch soccer matches (I support AC Milan) CSI, The Simpsons, Family guy and the quizzes; I'm also a fan of WWE.
I think I said the most, at least what crossed my mind, so this is me.
I like this site and I post each day on forum so you can find me easily
That's all, c ya!!! Wink

TÚRIN TURAMBAR DAGNIR GLAURUNGA & NIENOR NÍNIEL

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 14 2011, 3:21am

Post #245 of 666 (159296 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, Ereg! [In reply to] Can't Post

et. al. Laugh

You can call me Altaira or.. erm, Altaira, Lol.

Glad you joined us, and I hope you enjoy it here. Smile

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 14 2011, 3:23am

Post #246 of 666 (161339 views)
Shortcut
Hello to you, too, APSWSS [In reply to] Can't Post

Ooooh, you'll have to share some of your finds from your travels on our Gaming and Collecting board, and even show us your tattoos on Main if you dare. Wink

Hope to see you around more, too.

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 14 2011, 3:29am

Post #247 of 666 (159910 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to you, KAOS [In reply to] Can't Post

How about Lord of the RIngs? Have you read it in both English and Italian? And the movies - did you watch them in English, or with sub-titles? I'm interested in your experiences.

Have a great time here. Smile

TORn Calendar

KAOS82
Rohan

Apr 14 2011, 9:47pm

Post #248 of 666 (156130 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I know english language but not so much to read and understand everything
so I've red the trilogy and saw the movie in italian but I've also saw LOTR with subtitles to improve my english and to hear the voice of original actors

thanks, here I feel like in a big family and I like to discuss and know the opinions of others fans of LOTR

TÚRIN TURAMBAR DAGNIR GLAURUNGA & NIENOR NÍNIEL

vtboyarc
Lorien

Apr 15 2011, 4:19am

Post #249 of 666 (155522 views)
Shortcut
Back Again... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello all! I am an old newbie (I think?).
I was here a lot back in the LotR times, before stuff with The Hobbit was really even set in stone. I just cracked open my much loved copy of The Hobbit and thought, wow, it's been a long time since of been to TORN. So I figured this was a good time to come back and get involved again! Besides, my love for all things Tolkien has never waned.
Since I was here last, I have graduated from college, and moved to Austin, TX. Anyways, I'm glad to be back, and welcome, to all the real newbies! You are among great people!

Theres some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Apr 15 2011, 4:27pm

Post #250 of 666 (156981 views)
Shortcut
Are you going to change your nick to txboyarc? [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

*waves from up I-35*

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.