There will be NO Fiesta Friday today.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 5:48pm

Post #101 of 245 (485 views)
Shortcut
wow, what a surprizing adventure! [In reply to] Can't Post

Never know what you'll find in those places.

I went crazy in the Mus. of Nat. History once, no twice.

Have fun relaxing in yoga. AL

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 5:57pm

Post #102 of 245 (487 views)
Shortcut
I am sorry hearing about [In reply to] Can't Post

your son Elberbeth. I hope he can go on that cruise with you. Gotta keep him buzy. as you must know.

Better be careful with dresses on that boat. The breezes are quite lively thereShocked.

Have fun:)

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 6:00pm

Post #103 of 245 (558 views)
Shortcut
starting off with a bang [In reply to] Can't Post

as in a car accident Wednesday noon Unsure

It was a one-car accident -- I was blindsided by and sideswiped a parking stanchion. Now the passenger side of my two-year-old car looks as if an Ent punched it, and the front door doesn't open from outside. Bright yellow stripes don't match the royal blue either.
I'm not hurt except for my nerves and my pocketbook: one estimate by a body shop for repair is $3100.

Off to get another estimate or two and will read the thread later.
Wishing a happy day and April to my dear TORnsibs and TORnadoes,

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 6:12pm

Post #104 of 245 (485 views)
Shortcut
definitely a Mirkwood day // [In reply to] Can't Post

firebride42
The Shire

Apr 1 2011, 6:13pm

Post #105 of 245 (498 views)
Shortcut
Wow. [In reply to] Can't Post

How in the world does this thread have this many posts this quickly? That's absolutely insane Shocked

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 6:16pm

Post #106 of 245 (496 views)
Shortcut
These are great, and your icon too! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 6:18pm

Post #107 of 245 (506 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

Oooh, yum! Have a great weekend, special lady Smile

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 6:19pm

Post #108 of 245 (493 views)
Shortcut
Yep, springtime has arrived [In reply to] Can't Post

All our trees are leafed out -- Quickbeam the bur oak beating out his colleague Treebeard by several days, as he always does Tongue . The wildflowers are blooming, although not as thickly as they usually do, since we're in a bad drought. But bluebonnets are always pretty.

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 6:20pm

Post #109 of 245 (488 views)
Shortcut
Bye and hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I don't know -- sometimes it's fun to play along with a joke! But I agree, TORn sibs are a pretty perceptive bunch.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 6:22pm

Post #110 of 245 (514 views)
Shortcut
speaking of Scottish ancestors ... [In reply to] Can't Post

if I get a lift (no, friends, not an elevator) I hope to attend the San Antonio Highland Games and Celtic Festival this weekend. Come on down!

I've seen plenty of pink poppies but no bluebonnets or Indian paintbrush yet. Maybe the drought is affecting them.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 6:23pm

Post #111 of 245 (493 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure spring will eventually reach you [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably just about the time it gets HOT here, sigh. Today's very pretty, but it's supposed be 90 here on Sunday, gasp, before another bit of a cool spell comes along. And pretty soon we'll be thinking 90 is a relief from the heat Crazy

The Gaffer is working in the yard right now, since the weeds are blooming as well as the wildflowers.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 6:25pm

Post #112 of 245 (499 views)
Shortcut
Oh woe! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink
Gotta love April 1 on TORN! I'll help myself to a hot chocolate while contemplating the end, at last, of Daylight Saving for this season. It'll be nice to get a bit more daylight in the morning for a while before we slide into winter. Cheers all!

Oh and gramma, while you're in Dol Gulder, would you mind giving the Necromancer a slap upside the head? Ta.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 6:30pm

Post #113 of 245 (479 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you make it to the games this weekend. My relatives in San Antonio may be attending, I'm not sure. I know we're all getting together for the Texas Scottish Festival in Arlington June 2-5 -- highest count of men in kilts in the state! (And great music, too Laugh ) Come on up!

There are bluebonnets and paintbrushes along Highway Six going into Houston -- we saw them last weekend -- and a few bluebonnets here in the DFW area. But yes, I'm afraid the drought has decreased the numbers considerably.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 6:32pm

Post #114 of 245 (520 views)
Shortcut
Indian paintbrush [In reply to] Can't Post

see attachment (hope it works)

Attachments: indian paintbrush & bluebonnets.jpg (47.3 KB)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 6:38pm

Post #115 of 245 (480 views)
Shortcut
Oh heck, [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really sorry to hear that El.

I've been in one bad accident (my fault) and my nerves were shot afterward. The pain of payment and being without a car during repairs is bad, but it took several days for the nerviness to subside.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 1 2011, 6:50pm

Post #116 of 245 (545 views)
Shortcut
"Everybody Plays the Fool"... [In reply to] Can't Post

<drops a dime in the jukebox> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXGa__ECvnM Thanks for the idea for this great old song, Gramma! This week's been getting ready for my visit this weekend from the girl I've been so involved chatting with this week. Ramping up job search to a pretty frenetic pace. Son is being his usual awesome self. Some other stuff available on request via PM (yeah, that stuff is STILL going on! *SIGH!* )

Overall, not too bad though.

Oh, and Gramma, as the line goes from the old musical "Bye, Bye, Birdie" "Milk. But it WORKED!"

I'm amazed at how many 'recruiters' are out there nowadays trying to phish those looking for work. Sad, really.

Will prolly spend the weekend doing some sight-seeing around town with my friend and son and then she leaves Tuesday afternoon and I believe I saw on our weather projection that there will be a 50% chance of SNOW on Monday! <laughs> OY!

Have a TERRIFIC All Fools' Day and week!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{TORnfolk/sibs/curmudgeons}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Rootbeers all 'round (with or without the chocolate ice-cream and chocolate Cool Whip per tastes!)

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

sample

(This post was edited by GAndyalf on Apr 1 2011, 6:58pm)

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 7:01pm

Post #117 of 245 (509 views)
Shortcut
I like the cartoon showing scientists at a blackboard filled with equations [In reply to] Can't Post

and one scientist says, "In Step 2 a miracle occurs..."

(This post was edited by ElanorTX on Apr 1 2011, 7:07pm)

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 1 2011, 7:04pm

Post #118 of 245 (490 views)
Shortcut
Almost forgot!... [In reply to] Can't Post

Pulled a pretty good foolie on my son this morning: asked him to look in the mirror about a rash on his forehead! hehehe He was a great sport about it and tried the rest of the morning to get me back! <grin>

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 1 2011, 7:07pm

Post #119 of 245 (494 views)
Shortcut
Attachment worked, very pretty!// [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Apr 1 2011, 7:22pm

Post #120 of 245 (489 views)
Shortcut
*waves* I saw what you did there. ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

NARF
NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 7:22pm

Post #121 of 245 (489 views)
Shortcut
What news from Christchurch? [In reply to] Can't Post

Any recent PMs or easy-to-miss postings?

{{{ChCh TORnfolk}}}

ElanorTX

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 1 2011, 7:26pm

Post #122 of 245 (473 views)
Shortcut
{{{{{{{e-h}}}}}}} [In reply to] Can't Post

Since they were talking about gardens above, I'm SURE something will turnip for you! Some sage advice is to be patient and network with rosemary! Thyme, after all, is on your side! Laugh

Lettuce hope that this leafs you happier than when you arrived at Fiesta!

GAndyalf

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 1 2011, 7:31pm

Post #123 of 245 (480 views)
Shortcut
hehe Gramma was in "ARRR!" of the place?// [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 7:32pm

Post #124 of 245 (487 views)
Shortcut
Champagne for breakfast! Victory over the book thief! [In reply to] Can't Post

As some of you know from my post in the Book thread earlier this week, I've been dealing with a ratbag who put a false author name on one of my ebooks and put it up for sale on Amazon, the UK and .com sites. I'm delighted to say that the illicit version has been taken down from both sites. The support I've had from readers has been utterly heartwarming.

On top of that, it's a beautiful autumn day, my favourite time of year. On the agenda is bottling some cider, and working on elderberry and feijoa (separately) wine.

*Raises glass*

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 1 2011, 7:33pm

Post #125 of 245 (462 views)
Shortcut
Wow! I'd never seen that set of Hitchhiker's covers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those would look great on a bookshelf <eyes wander to the empty spot>

sample

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.