There will be NO Fiesta Friday today.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Ginger
Rohan

Apr 1 2011, 4:29pm

Post #26 of 245 (584 views)
Shortcut
You can get snockered on hard lemonade [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you still stock it? I haven't been around for a while. I drop in and lurk occasionally. This is the best place to get reading suggestions, and I just love TIME and BS . I still haven't decided if I really want to see photos of The Hobbit, or just wait and be surprised. I'm guessing I'll give in to temptation.

Have a wonderful weekend, gramma.

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:29pm

Post #27 of 245 (558 views)
Shortcut
Good one, Gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

Even though we all know you never pass up the chance for a party!

It's been a good week, I had a great visit with my sister last weekend, we had a quiet evening just the two of us, then on Saturday dinner at my niece's place, where we all played Cranium afterwards, it was a hoot! The g'son and his cousin both played as well, and did remarkably well for their ages. I scored a haul of books at the free book exchange too, including three which hid under the seat of the car until yesterday.

My elder son, who was going through some terrible depression at the demise of his marriage, has pulled up his socks and is doing much better now. Not much happier, but at least trying to make the best of it.

We are getting ready for our Alaska cruise next month, which for me means trying to find some nice clothes that I hopefully will wear more than once. (I don't think I've worn a dress in 20 years!)

It's raining today, but it's supposed to be nice for the weekend. Might even get some garden work in.

Happy weekend, everyone!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:30pm

Post #28 of 245 (558 views)
Shortcut
Seeds, [In reply to] Can't Post

I start my seeds in the house except for peas and onions. I am going to start tomatoes, peppers, summer squash, winter squash, melons, and cucumbers. When it is good and warm out (end of May), I will sow green beans, wax beans, and lima beans direct to the garden and by the end of April I will start lettuce and spring onions in a planter by the back door. Some of the seedlings will be going home with my daughter when she comes back in May. She seems to find it easier for me to start her garden plants!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:30pm

Post #29 of 245 (591 views)
Shortcut
*warm hug* Oh elvenh... [In reply to] Can't Post

That's awful! I'm so sorry. The stress you just did NOT need! But something good will come from this. You'll land something that you enjoy a lot more.

*another hug* Thanks for the vittles... and hang in there :)

sample

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:31pm

Post #30 of 245 (566 views)
Shortcut
My border collie [In reply to] Can't Post

(from the early 70's) starting acting 'sick' and it turned out he had been eating grass.

Thankfully he didn't continue that behavior but he loved rolling in poop. He usually found goose poop to roll in but once I went camping in a cabin with a bunch of people and apparently someone thought it was better to poop in the woods than to use the stinky outhouse.

Well, let's just say, Ashley appreciated that quite a bit. :-S

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 4:32pm

Post #31 of 245 (544 views)
Shortcut
And yours, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

As long as the snow doesn't stick around, we're fine! Smile

Yes, aren't these identities fun? Now we can tell miscreants that they mustn't "ruffle the feathers" of the Admins! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 4:33pm

Post #32 of 245 (581 views)
Shortcut
OH nuts [In reply to] Can't Post

and i had a free 100 free tickets to give out for the ROTK concert ar RCMH. I will just put them on B Eay

Gramma *peers intently* when did you develop that big wart in your left eyebrow.

Well i was in Dale this morning kicking a dragon in the butt , i wonder where i am now?.

I hope everyone is ready for some warmer weather, it is gloomliy snowing here and i CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MO' I wana ride my bike and/or mc.

A hot apple toddy please gramma and dontcha put no worms init or nothin'Laugh

Well this is what happened last week (friday) in the news. My son has a new girlfriend and last friday i went crazy spring cleaning for she and her whole family came over for a bit before we went out on our double date (my wife and i and our son and julia) where we zipped off to see 'Almost Maine' at the Barn Theatre in montville nj. I will tellya, ALL of us found this to be a superior and unexpected delight. We all had a great time. Actually we are planning to do the same again when the next play is ready in a few wks. I have not seen a play since HS, at the HS

After we dropped off julia off young sil went straight to an overnight to another friend having a birthday. That was again sandwiched by getting down to My wife's brother early the next morning because he was in good need to help him ready his bachelor aptmt (house from his father that he rents the upstairs) of many yrs (still single at 43) to accomodate his finally tight relationship with kelly who has 2 small twin 3yr old girls. The state being broke, would cease all rent money to her being a single mom by this months end. So the son and i painted like crazy as his uncle was fixing a host of things all weekend long into 9pm sunday night. We were recked. Everything had to be put in the kitchen and the porch because the rug guys came monday to do everything else.

There is more BUT that is E nough to relate certainly here unless someone wants to have fun grinding roofing nails with me on the porch ceiling.

What? No i am not making this up. This is too crazy to make upLaugh.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:33pm

Post #33 of 245 (571 views)
Shortcut
You had me at Monet!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! What a treasure trove! I'm so glad you found another solace nearby. You sound like me... I do get lost in those places, too. The beauty shivers me timbers!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend, Ainu :D

sample

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:34pm

Post #34 of 245 (725 views)
Shortcut
I collect those, you know [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember those picnic bags that held two thermoses and a long plastic box with a sliding lid to hold sandwiches? Well, I have one of those boxes full of Viewmaster Reels. And I have an old suitcase full of viewmaster viewers. I LOVE them.

Sadly, I don't have a Hobbit Viewmaster Reel. That took most of a day of photoshopping to acquire.

They don't carry them much in stores anymore but I've found plenty on Amazon and just told my family they can put them on Christmas lists for me.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:35pm

Post #35 of 245 (558 views)
Shortcut
That's horrendous!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Scout went through a phase of rolling in fox poop... but seeing as that always led to him being thrown in the bath he soon gave it up! He's no fan of the bath!

Well, we are fairly sure we know the cause of Scout's icky tummy... he spent Sunday afternoon with my Dad, who gave him lasagne for lunch. Dad said that when he was a kid, there was no such thing as commercial pet food, so pets just ate whatever you were eating. So he gave Scout some lasagne... Crazy

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:35pm

Post #36 of 245 (566 views)
Shortcut
Less crowded [In reply to] Can't Post

You know I hate standing in line for anything ;)

I hope you have an AWESOME weekend.... and stay outta my yard!!! ;)

sample

sample sample

Unused Scenes

ShyElf
Lorien

Apr 1 2011, 4:36pm

Post #37 of 245 (568 views)
Shortcut
Didn't fool me... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I knew you'd all be here!

Another hectic week - glad it's OVER!

Temperature will be going into the double digits (Celsius) up here in the Great White North! Hoping to do a "zoo walk" this weekend - we love to go early when critters are active and exciting to watch. Plus it's a great, long walk. Who knows, maybe ShyElf The Younger will actually get up early on a non-school day and join us!

Hot Chocolate with a wee touch of brandy would suit me just fine! Have a WONDERFUL weekend everybody!!

Cheers!

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:37pm

Post #38 of 245 (556 views)
Shortcut
Parsley is no problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

As least as far as planting it. I just put the seed wherever I want it. My only problem is that everything loves parsley. I had some curly parsley that was planted under a tree and it grew nicely. It only got sun early in the mornings and later in the afternoon. It makes a great border for flower gardens.

We have shade problems, also. That is why we are plowing up the front yard for my garden. We have a large sunny place on our leach field, but you DON'T plant vegetables over a leach field!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:37pm

Post #39 of 245 (552 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like a day of adventure! [In reply to] Can't Post

I need to do something new with my hair... but I'm lazy (gotta be simple) and a coward (change is bad!)...

Strange predicament for an ex-hairdresser ;)

I think going out to the game is the right answer for any question! Have a wonderful weekend!

sample

sample sample

Unused Scenes

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 4:39pm

Post #40 of 245 (568 views)
Shortcut
*swoops in for a quick lime coke* [In reply to] Can't Post

Get it? ;)

Hi gramma. How goes?

Personally, I'm glad spring is on the way.

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================
Elcenia

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 4:40pm

Post #41 of 245 (578 views)
Shortcut
I need more Fridays in my life [In reply to] Can't Post

My office furniture ran some early April Fool's pranks on my yesterday, beginning with the keyboard drawer of my desk just dropping off and culminating in an attempted assassination by a rogue rubber band. It's been a strange week.

But I love April 1st and having it on a Friday is even better.

I'll just have some iced tea and try to pretend that Spring is really here. Happy Friday, everyone!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Post #42 of 245 (564 views)
Shortcut
*They* say parsley doesn't germinate very well from seed [In reply to] Can't Post

and that it doesn't like to be moved once it's established, but I have parsley that appeared from somewhere, and flourishes, seeding itself all over the place. I try to keep it to one area, but it's a wanderer, for sure. Good luck!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #43 of 245 (555 views)
Shortcut
Got-cha!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I was worried people might take me seriously and not open the page. OMG! What if I had a party and nobody came!!??!!!

*looks around* All this stuff for myself ;)

Have an awesome weekend, Evey :D *big hug*

sample

sample sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #44 of 245 (549 views)
Shortcut
Heh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, that place is prime property! Although it is a bit of a mess, the original owner vacated in a hurry after some wizardly-types got after him...

WIth any luck, this will be the last of the snowstorms! Smile

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 4:41pm

Post #45 of 245 (576 views)
Shortcut
That is not good what happened to scout. [In reply to] Can't Post

Puppies will eat almost anything. Did you take him to the doc's.
That sounds delightful that cake. Say Jaz do you get Cake Boss there? It is a reality show where Buddy and his crew makes the most outrageous cakes for his customers.

Happy gardeningSmile.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:43pm

Post #46 of 245 (546 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Ginger!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know if you partake... but I found this cold GINGER beer and thought you could try a sip.

Thanks for the kind words :) This really is the best place in the world... after, maybe, Wellington ;)

Have a wonderful, gorgeous weekend, dear Lady!

sample

sample sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 4:44pm

Post #47 of 245 (533 views)
Shortcut
That's not good to hear... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I hope something better comes your way, before too long! Evil

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Post #48 of 245 (532 views)
Shortcut
Loved the images! [In reply to] Can't Post

We hope the forcast was wrong -- the northern states have had enough snow for the year! Especially you in Minnesota. I have relatives on the South Dakota border and they haven't had as much as you. Or maybe living in the country, there are more places to put it and they don't notice it so much! Wink

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #49 of 245 (543 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 4:45pm

Post #50 of 245 (586 views)
Shortcut
Hi ginger! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a delight to see you. I know, how much do we go to look at with one eyeLaugh.

Good to have you around sib:)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.