First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:03pm

Post #1 of 245 (1497 views)
Shortcut
There will be NO Fiesta Friday today. Can't Post

APRIL FOOLS!!! :D

Now aren't you glad you clicked on this?

Happy Foolish Fiesta Friday everyone! Our LOVELY Altaira has other demands on her today, so I have the absolute pleasure in getting you snockered on this wonderful day! Can you get snockered on lemonade?

Well… TORnsibs can do whatever they set their minds to.

So how was your week? Got anything exciting coming up? SEEN THE HOBBIT SPY PHOTOS!?!?! *twitch!*
Give us the scoop while l fix you something to drink :)

*kick jukebox & video appears* Nobody's Fool: '80s Music Video - music by Kenny Loggins

sample

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:10pm

Post #2 of 245 (1378 views)
Shortcut
Well, that's just mean! [In reply to] Can't Post

What would I do with my Friday evenings without Fiesta?!

I'll have something refreshing and mildly alcoholic please gramma! It's been one heck of a busy week, I actually haven't sat down on my sofa once since last weekend, all of my days have been a blur of activity!

Scout has been poorly this week, ate something that didn't agree with him, then we had 48 fun hours of dealing with the aftermath! Luckily he's recovered now, though his weight is down as a result!

I've been caking like crazy, whilst also trying to build my website. I'm getting there slowly but surely! Today I had to make a cake shaped like a flowerpot, filled with sugar daffodils, that went down really well, I will post a photo when I get the chance to!

Mostly garden work planned for the weekend, with some caking thrown in, but for tonight, I am going to take Scout out over the fields, then put my feet up and order a pizza.

Happy weekend!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Apr 1 2011, 4:14pm

Post #3 of 245 (1209 views)
Shortcut
Whee! I'm here, for a change! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gramma, you didn't fool me one bit Tongue

I'll take a mocha frappuccino (since there are no calories in a virtual one, right?) in a to-go cup, please, since I'm having a catch-up day in both my real and cyberworlds. I hope I can dart back by later on.

Yes, I could probably get snockered on lemonade. I'm a disgrace to my hard-drinking Scottish ancestors.

Anon, good TORnsibs, anon....

*stuffs to-do list in tip jar, grabs it back out again, adds blooming bluebonnets*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #4 of 245 (1185 views)
Shortcut
Snockered on anything? [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL - how about, getting snockered on Hobbit news! Laugh

A foolish first of the fourth month to you, gramma! I'll just take some coffee - no, make that Irish coffee, caffein with a punch! Smile The weather's playing tricks on us: we've had a bit of rain, a bit of snow showers, very pretty but they don't stick around.

I notice you've got some new "digs", gramma - or maybe I should say, "pits" with towers! Going to re-decorate it? Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #5 of 245 (1221 views)
Shortcut
Awwww... poor Scout... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad he's feeling better, though. Warmer weather gets our animals to try tasty treats lying about the yard... at least in mine :)

That sounds like a fabulous cake! Can't wait to see the pics :D

Have a wonderful weekend, m'dear... and save me a slice!!

sample

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:15pm

Post #6 of 245 (1198 views)
Shortcut
Wow, Friday again! [In reply to] Can't Post

And April Fools Day!

I guess hot chocolate is in order here in wintery Ohio -- rum in OhioHobbit's. We had a couple of inches of snow on Wednesday which is just about gone, but it is still colder than I would like. Plus, our forcast is for rain/snow mix for a week! Frown

The only excitement in my life today is the laundry! Tells you how my life really is! Wink But tomorrow I am going to start seeds for my vegetable garden. I am looking forward to that.

We are hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend and a terrific week next week.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:17pm

Post #7 of 245 (1212 views)
Shortcut
gramma! I got another geeky observation for you [In reply to] Can't Post

I was looking for some screencaps of those elusive 'we forgot to erase this image of Arwen at Helm's Deep' shots. I was just gobsmacked to find this:

It's a unicorn! A unicorn at Helm's Deep!

Also, I have evidence that the Hobbit is already IN 3D:

(note to admins: that image looks over sized but it isn't. It's just an illusion. It's actually two images within the guidelines.)

I love April Fools here.. don't you?

There is still snow on the ground and I caught a weather report that mentioned 9 more inches this weekend. But I can't find another report saying the same thing so I'm hoping the prediction has changed. I don't think I could take more snow at all.. (which we are pretty sure to get) but 9 inches could be me off the edge!

Big plans for the weekend: see Black Swan at our second run theater tonight. Other than that.. probably just computer work. Finding TIME to get some stuff done (wink at gramma) and entering some April Fools info into the TORn History Mathom-house wiki. And I'm vacillating at how obsessive to get on my next soundtrack site update.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:17pm

Post #8 of 245 (1181 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't FOOL you :D

Here ya go, m'dear! Have fun in ALL your worlds! :D

HUGS

sample

sample sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 4:18pm

Post #9 of 245 (1166 views)
Shortcut
The poor pup! [In reply to] Can't Post

Upset puppy tummies are no fun to deal with. Glad he's recovered!

Just keep him away from those cakes! Laugh A flowerpot with sugar daffadowndillies? That would be too pretty to eat!

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:18pm

Post #10 of 245 (1199 views)
Shortcut
Busy, busy, busy! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am going to take Scout out over the fields, then put my feet up and order a pizza.

You deserve it!

We are looking forward to your cake photos. We really enjoy seeing your artistry.

Glad Scout is feeling better!

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Apr 1 2011, 4:19pm

Post #11 of 245 (1255 views)
Shortcut
jokes on u m'dear...*goodies and bad news*.... [In reply to] Can't Post

its 5.14pm here at least - makes u the fool! Wink

bad news here though - got unfairly terminated from my work so back on the breadline waiting and waiting again for a job (bear in mind this one was permanent and was the first permanent one in 8 year) so yh.....not looking forward to the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait!

*brings in easter cake, mini easter eggs, simnel cake, lime and lemon cheescake and a huge black forest gateaux* have to keep occupied...

something summery please, barkeep.

-e-

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

and through it all we remain strong and true
for eternity is bonds unbroken
beyond the sea...

into the realm of TORN!

wheres breakfast?
- which one??!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 4:20pm

Post #12 of 245 (1216 views)
Shortcut
The bluebonnets are blooming? [In reply to] Can't Post

That can only mean - it's Springtime in Texas! Laugh

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:21pm

Post #13 of 245 (1195 views)
Shortcut
Heh, you're a cruel one, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

How about some breakfast orange juice. Nom nom nom. Right here by my little puppy dog, who is snoring, hehe. He's comfortable.

Yesterday I went to the LA County Museum of Art, and wow! I did not realize that it was so big and so filled with priceless artwork! I have always been impressed with the Getty, but I did not realize it had competition just a few miles away. I had to go there for my class to see an Andy Warhol piece. Once I did that, I figured, I spent 10 bucks, I should look around for an hour or so.

One hour turned into four hours. I discovered that they had the famous Magriette "this is not a pipe" piece that just left me very happy. They also had a whole room full of Picasso's work, and 6 Monets, and according to them, one of the largest collections of Ancient Near East stuff in North America. It was pretty awesome. Also, there was a mummy. And oh! Also there was a beautiful building dedicated to Japanese art. It had the strangest and coolest layout I've ever seen, and the artwork was so old. And in another one of the buildings they actually were in the process of restoring an art piece that was huge, about 20 feet each side. It was fascinating to watch them at work for a few minutes. I could not believe the size of the piece, it is apparently one of the largest pieces of Korean ancient art.

Never let me loose in an art museum, I tend to go a little crazy.

Last week I went to yoga and it felt really great. I'm going to go again in about 20 minutes.

Ah, April. I think this will be a good month.

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #14 of 245 (1170 views)
Shortcut
I saw the weather :o [In reply to] Can't Post

And what you have going on there just isn't RIGHT!!! Stay warm and DRY!

I'm not sure if I'm going to decorate or not... maybe just see what shakes out ;)

Have a wonderful weekend m'dear!!!

sample

sample sample

Unused Scenes

macfalk
Valinor

Post #15 of 245 (1190 views)
Shortcut
gramma, why are you at Dol Guldur of all places?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Spending time with Necromancers and others of "less savoury nature!"

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

(This post was edited by macfalk on Apr 1 2011, 4:22pm)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Post #16 of 245 (1182 views)
Shortcut
You can fool some of the people all the time . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

and all the people some of the time, but you can't fool TORn sibs! Hi and bye!

RosieLass
Valinor

Post #17 of 245 (1237 views)
Shortcut
Happy Lirpa Sloof Yad, everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings from Laketown!

I'm still hunting up Bard. I know he's around here somewheres...

It's a slow day at the office. If I thought I could find a ticket, and had someone to go with me, I'd sneak out of the office and go to the baseball game this afternoon. Go Rockies!

It's supposed to be nice all weekend, so I have no excuse not to get out and walk. My step count on the weekends has really fallen off, and it has dragged my monthly average down below 10,000 steps a day. Frown

I have an appointment tomorrow to get my hair did. I don't remember what she's planning to do, though. Cut? Color? Shave it all off? I'm tempted sometimes. Suddenly it is a frizzy, floozy mess, and I don't know what to do with it.

And there's a Rapids game on Sunday! So far, we're undefeated in MLS play (2-1-0) but I guess we got eliminated from the U.S. Open Cup. Oh well...

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 4:22pm

Post #18 of 245 (1170 views)
Shortcut
Seed starting! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's nothing like working in the garden-dirt to get the feel that Spring is really here. What will you be planting?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:23pm

Post #19 of 245 (1164 views)
Shortcut
The snow is getting really old! [In reply to] Can't Post

We still have bunches of it on the ground, but I think the only precip we'll have in the next couple of days is a rain/snow mix. *sigh* Getting into your seedlings is a GREAT idea :)

Have a wonderful weekend, Dear Lady

sample

sample sample

Unused Scenes

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:23pm

Post #20 of 245 (1152 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

if gramma is in the pits and towers, you are flying high!

Hope your weather gets better soon. Happy April!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2011, 4:25pm

Post #21 of 245 (1168 views)
Shortcut
Heh. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy April Fools' Day! :)

I'll take a Winter Usual, please (it's getting warmer, but the wind's still chilly enough that this will work :) )-- thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, gramma! :) *hugs*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Magpie
Immortal

Post #22 of 245 (1197 views)
Shortcut
have you started parsley from seed? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder how well it is to grow from seed. They charge outrageous prices for plants here. (IMO) I just want a plant to go pick off of once in awhile. We had one neighbor put up a high wood fence and another plant a huge maple tree such that don't get nearly enough sun to grow any vegetables anymore. My husband tries for one lonely tomato plant and it does 'okay'. But otherwise, we're mostly greenery and woodland wildflowers these days.

It's hard, because I grew up in Michigan - which has great conditions for growing fruits and vegetables - and my Dad had a huge garden. I hated picking and cleaning stuff but I swear... I have not had celery, strawberries, or green peppers that taste anywhere close to good since moving out of the state. I can't get swiss chard at all. And even though it's not a garden vegetable, I miss going morel hunting with my dad. We would find grocery bags full of it.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Post #23 of 245 (1167 views)
Shortcut
Yoga is brilliant! [In reply to] Can't Post

Such a great way to invigorate your body and mind... sadly I had to give it up as I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it. I got to the point where I really needed to put in at least half an hour nearly every day for it to be really worthwhile, but I just couldn't fit that in more than once or twice a week. I'd like to go back to it when I've got more time though, it's such a great form of exercise.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 1 2011, 4:27pm

Post #24 of 245 (1184 views)
Shortcut
Aiyeyeeeeeeeee!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya got me!!!! OMG! That's priceless!!! :D

Yeah... the weather is not very nice right now in my realm as well. *sigh*

Going to see Black Swan!? I hear it's great... and emotional! Have fun!!! And Have a GREAT weekend, m'dear!

sample

sample sample

Unused Scenes

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2011, 4:28pm

Post #25 of 245 (1149 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* [In reply to] Can't Post

Can one do that, for a Fiesta post? Wink

Magpie, that is MY kind of 3D! Laugh (I wonder if the younger 'sibs even know what that is?) Excellent!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.