Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Just waiting for first photos from the set...

aifeme
Rivendell

Mar 28 2011, 7:14pm

Post #1 of 13 (1788 views)
Shortcut
Just waiting for first photos from the set... Can't Post

I need them so badly right now, for instance how the dwarves are going to lookWink A matter of a week? A month? What do You think?

hamlet
Rivendell

Mar 28 2011, 7:25pm

Post #2 of 13 (549 views)
Shortcut
Sorry - no clue [In reply to] Can't Post

I too am dying to see something, but I came on board pretty late in the game for LOTR, so I have no frame of reference for how this whole "early stages" part of the production goes. But hey, at least we're not talking about lawsuits, labor strife, and green lights any more!

egret
The Shire

Mar 28 2011, 7:25pm

Post #3 of 13 (517 views)
Shortcut
a month...at least // [In reply to] Can't Post

duats
Grey Havens

Mar 28 2011, 7:34pm

Post #4 of 13 (534 views)
Shortcut
That really does put things into perspective [In reply to] Can't Post

As a fan, I can't help but be impatient when it comes to the first pictures of the cast. I've been waiting for these films were so long, that I am just dying to get a look at the thirteen Dwarves.

Having said that, though, at least we can take solace in the fact that they are filming - instead of being stuck in limbo.

Optimistically, I'd say another month or two.

Pessimistically, another six months.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 28 2011, 8:05pm

Post #5 of 13 (516 views)
Shortcut
If I had to guess [In reply to] Can't Post

I would think the studios would want to get them out by this summer at the lastest, take advantage of the big summer blockbusters in all the movie magazines.

But then again, it really could be anytime between now and December 2012.

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Mar 28 2011, 8:22pm

Post #6 of 13 (496 views)
Shortcut
At least a pic of Sir Ian in full costume, since that shouldn't be much of a spoiler [In reply to] Can't Post

I would say an Elrond picture as well, but. . . when everything is confirmed and consolidated in that department.

In Reply To
I need them so badly right now, for instance how the dwarves are going to lookWink A matter of a week? A month? What do You think?

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Mar 28 2011, 8:23pm

Post #7 of 13 (504 views)
Shortcut
Let's hope... [In reply to] Can't Post

...they don't keep things as secretive as Avatar, otherwise we'll be waiting for single photos until July/August 2012. A trailer didn't even come out for that movie until late August of the year it came out.

"I'm just a happy camper! Rockin' and a-rollin!"

Alientraveller
Lorien

Mar 28 2011, 9:38pm

Post #8 of 13 (456 views)
Shortcut
Avatar had major CG characters [In reply to] Can't Post

and even when the teaser appeared people were still unconvinced. The Hobbit will be more live-action than Avatar so that won't be an issue.

mulubinba
Rivendell

Mar 28 2011, 11:01pm

Post #9 of 13 (415 views)
Shortcut
I'm impatient too .... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... but I'm just going to have to learn some patience I expect. Like everyone else, I've been waiting a long time just to see these movies get up and running. They've only been filming a week so I guess we may have a bit longer to wait before they will let a few secrets out.....

sphdle1
Gondor

Mar 29 2011, 12:14am

Post #10 of 13 (390 views)
Shortcut
Sometimes it's better not to see too much too soon [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't know anything about Avatar until watching a trailer about a week before it was in theatres. I went in the theatre fresh with nothing pre-conceived, experiencing the awe for the first time.

sphdle1

"You shall not pass!"

sphdle1
Gondor

Mar 29 2011, 12:52am

Post #11 of 13 (412 views)
Shortcut
I don't have that need at all [In reply to] Can't Post

As a matter of fact, I don't want to see any pics until after I watch the movie, so that I can see what the characters look like while watching it for the first time in the theatre...I think knowing what they will look like would partly spoil or at least take away from that first time. I don't mind looking at pictures of the actors outside of costume, but not while in costume. I want the movie to be as fresh and new as possible, meeting characters for the first time. If I know what they look like before watching, then I wouldn't feel like I'm meeting them for the first time.

sphdle1

"You shall not pass!"

Pioneer
Rivendell

Mar 29 2011, 6:48am

Post #12 of 13 (354 views)
Shortcut
Seasons [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I would think the studios would want to get them out by this summer at the lastest, take advantage of the big summer blockbusters in all the movie magazines.

Every country in the world has the same seasons? Wow, that's amazing, Arwen's Daughter.

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Mar 29 2011, 9:19am

Post #13 of 13 (1226 views)
Shortcut
No... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but it is true that the major studios release most of their tent-pole films in America's summer months, typically the busiest for film all year, and when there is the most exposure and coverage besides awards season. I think AD's point is valid in that way.

"I'm just a happy camper! Rockin' and a-rollin!"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.