The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Getting a bit teary

Timbo_mbadil
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 9:58pm

Post #1 of 8 (1159 views)
Shortcut
Getting a bit teary Can't Post

I just skimmed though the profiles, read the link to Wídfara and the Reverend, and I just realised once more how blessed we are to have such a place as TOR.n
If someone would have told me 6 years ago, that friendship on the internet was possible, and that people would still remember you, when you came back after years of absence, I would have… *runs off to grab a henkerchief*
Honestly, thanks everyone.
t

---------------
Otherness represents that which bourgeois ideology cannot recognize or accept but must deal with (…)
Robin Wood 2003, p. 49. "Hollywood from Vietnam to Reagan – and beyond". Columbia University Press, New York, Chichester, West Sussex.

yeomanrycavalry

Feb 22 2007, 10:40pm

Post #2 of 8 (989 views)
Shortcut
yep [In reply to] Can't Post

ToRN is beautiful. Wink

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Feb 22 2007, 10:41pm

Post #3 of 8 (986 views)
Shortcut
Bless... [In reply to] Can't Post

When there are rants in the media about the evils of the Internet and how dangerous it can be for young people, I think about all the great people I've met through TORn and the other board I visit (to do with Hornblower) and how they - and the boards themselves - have enriched my life in the last few years.

I never would have thought it could lead to so many hilarious evenings reading SFTH, Pants, Captions etc etc - not to mention being able to take part in Fiesta Friday! Real-life meetings, and sharing excellent occasions, have also been benefits of the boards. It is heart-warming to be remembered when you've been away for a while, too - and now the new boards have an off-topic section, people will be able to share more and support each other more.

The old boards have given us fine times - the new boards will give us plenty more!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Feb 23 2007, 3:46am

Post #4 of 8 (954 views)
Shortcut
Exactly why I call this place my online home. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never seen (or participated in) a board anywhere else that is so like family.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

~LANCELOT~
The Shire

Feb 23 2007, 5:47am

Post #5 of 8 (946 views)
Shortcut
One of My Many Online Homes [In reply to] Can't Post

TOR.n is just brilliant. I have been coming here for years, but it wasnt until early October that I really started to get involved. It's a great community, and I have gotten to know a lot of you so fast. Definatly the place to be for fans of all things Tolkien..

Cheers,
Andrew

White shores, and beyond, a far green country, under a swift sunrise...

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 23 2007, 10:03am

Post #6 of 8 (932 views)
Shortcut
{{Timbo & TORn}} You're so right. [In reply to] Can't Post

I can honestly say my life is richer because of TORn. Tolkien and Jackson's films are magical, and I drink them in with both hands... but TheOneRing.net and everyone here have given me the happiest days of my life. I've travelled, drawn, written, and flexed my brain so much just to keep up with TORn, I can't really remember the void I lived in before the release of The Fellowship of the Ring and finding my way here.

The best of the best live(d) here... and I cherish you all. TORn is home.

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Feb 23 2007, 6:38pm

Post #7 of 8 (916 views)
Shortcut
Like any other technology ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the Internet can be used for good or bad purposes. The TORN community more than qualifies as a good purpose.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Feb 23 2007, 8:52pm

Post #8 of 8 (957 views)
Shortcut
aw....*hands over box of tissues*... [In reply to] Can't Post

It is said that somethings may be used for evil and others for good...(reference to the ring)

and this is for good (minus trolls of old TORN!)

-e_H-Smile

Elven by name, Hobbit by nature

'Road lead ever on and on
down from the door where it began
now far ahead the road has gone
down from where all began' -FOTR-

and through all the world has changed
the ages come and go with time
and yet those remain unchanged
unto they journey westward
over the sea...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.