The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Help from the Admins, and a question for the technically-gifted

sador
Half-elven

Mar 22 2011, 8:21am

Post #1 of 4 (279 views)
Shortcut
Help from the Admins, and a question for the technically-gifted Can't Post

I have posted the first thread of The Palantír http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=337139;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed; from my home computer, which for some reason cannot show diacritics, nor does it allow me to edit my profile.

So I had to ask a friendly mod to add diacritics (thanks, Ataahua!), and now, before posting the second thread, I have managed to update my signature.
So could another friendly mod change the signature on the first post as well? Is this possible? Thank you!
And does anyone know what might block the profile editing feature, and how may I edit it from now on?

Of course, every Feedback thread has its own hidden agenda. Angelic And my agenda is not to have another pun thread, but rather to announce that the second thread is up. All and sundry are invited!

"In some ways, this chapter is more like the first chapter of Book V, rather than the last chapter of Book III. The first part of Book V is now set, with Gandalf on his way to Minas Tirith, and Aragorn in possession of the palantír, ready for the vital show-down with Sauron, which will set up the West's final strategy against the Dark Lord."
- Malbeth.

"The chapter ends as Gandalf rides with Pippin towards Minas Tirith, partially lost in his memories of the West; Pippin in a semi-dream as Shadowfax gallops. And there we leave them, to go back several days to Frodo and Sam."
- Eledhwen.

"We know why Gandalf is imparting so much information here: so we understand the set-up for the third book to come. It gives an urgency to our reading and whets our appetite for 'the tower of Denethor' and the purple slopes of 'Mindolluin'."
- Chip of Dale.

What do you think? How do you feel this chapter prepares for those chapters yet to come?
And of course, a more important question:

"What is the boiling point of a palantír in a vacuum?"
- drogo.

The weekly discussion of The Lord of the Rings is back. Join us in the Reading Room for The Palantír!

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 22 2011, 9:34am

Post #2 of 4 (173 views)
Shortcut
Editing signatures [In reply to] Can't Post

Admins can only edit the actual content of posts; not the signatures that go with them. Superusers may be able to do so though, I"m not sure. We'll have to wait for them to chime in.

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 22 2011, 3:36pm

Post #3 of 4 (190 views)
Shortcut
We can't edit signatures [In reply to] Can't Post

We can only deleted them. So, let us know if you'd like that sig deleted from that particular post.

I've never heard of someone not being able to edit their profile before, but it sounds like something specific to your home computer or the internet browser you use there, neither of which we'd be able to fix on our end.

What happens when you try to edit your profile at home?

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

sador
Half-elven

Mar 22 2011, 11:08pm

Post #4 of 4 (271 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

No, don't delete the signature beneath that post.
Regarding your question - once this week is over, I will try again from home, and check exactly what happens.

"In some ways, this chapter is more like the first chapter of Book V, rather than the last chapter of Book III. The first part of Book V is now set, with Gandalf on his way to Minas Tirith, and Aragorn in possession of the palantír, ready for the vital show-down with Sauron, which will set up the West's final strategy against the Dark Lord."
- Malbeth.

"The chapter ends as Gandalf rides with Pippin towards Minas Tirith, partially lost in his memories of the West; Pippin in a semi-dream as Shadowfax gallops. And there we leave them, to go back several days to Frodo and Sam."
- Eledhwen.

"We know why Gandalf is imparting so much information here: so we understand the set-up for the third book to come. It gives an urgency to our reading and whets our appetite for 'the tower of Denethor' and the purple slopes of 'Mindolluin'."
- Chip of Dale.

What do you think? How do you feel this chapter prepares for those chapters yet to come?
And of course, a more important question:

"What is the boiling point of a palantír in a vacuum?"
- drogo.

The weekly discussion of The Lord of the Rings is back. Join us in the Reading Room for The Palantír!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.