The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Elijah Wood Hits 'DAY ZERO'

Xoanon
PTB

Jul 16 2007, 4:14pm

Post #1 of 10 (1758 views)
Shortcut
Elijah Wood Hits 'DAY ZERO' Can't Post

Xoanon here, I am not sure what the details are yet, but an eagle-eyed fan pointed out to me that the official site for DAY ZERO (dayzerothemovie.com) has recently been updated to tease a theatrical release. The film, which follows Elijah Wood, Chris Klein, and Jon Bernthal for a 30 day countdown after they receive their draft notices, recently had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC. Poking around the site I found some great reviews here and here, including one which calls it Elijah's best performance yet. We'll have to wait and see I guess. Did anyone catch the premiere at Tribeca? What did you think?

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
PH: 514.947.5221
http://www.TheOneRing.net
http://www.KongisKing.net
http://www.TheOneLion.net
http://www.gallifreyone.com

Cristiel

Jul 16 2007, 4:25pm

Post #2 of 10 (1313 views)
Shortcut
"Day Zero" [In reply to] Can't Post

I was at the world premiere of "Day Zero" in New York and I really liked this film a lot. I had very high expectations but was not at all disappointed. I think it's one of the best films Elijah has ever done and it's a shame that it's taking so long to find a distributor. I really hope that it will be released soon so everyone can see it.

Lith
The Shire

Jul 16 2007, 9:51pm

Post #3 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut
I was at the Day Zero premiere... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was fortunate enough to catch the premiere showing of Day Zero at Tribeca, and this is a film that needs to be seen! It's timely, thought-provoking, and disturbing. As for Elijah's performance... awesome doesn't begin to describe it. I won't say he's better as Aaron (his DZ character) than he was as Frodo... I think the two roles are too diverse to really compare, but he's incredible. His character is, for me, by far the most interesting, and the one about whom I most cared.

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 16 2007, 11:18pm

Post #4 of 10 (1266 views)
Shortcut
Very cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Were you able to get photos of the cast?

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Deenan

Jul 16 2007, 11:54pm

Post #5 of 10 (1249 views)
Shortcut
Heard great things [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen Day Zero, but from the on line reviews and reports I've read from those who attended the premiere at Tribeca, this is not to be missed. I'm very relieved to know things are in motion to bring it to theaters.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 17 2007, 12:10am

Post #6 of 10 (1219 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORN, Deenan! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a great little avatar. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Annael
Immortal

Jul 17 2007, 12:13am

Post #7 of 10 (1238 views)
Shortcut
NICE avatar! [In reply to] Can't Post

mae govannen :)

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you. - anon.

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

GreenHeart
Rivendell

Jul 17 2007, 2:03am

Post #8 of 10 (1231 views)
Shortcut
So happy to hear about this! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really looking forwrad to it.

YodatheHobbit
Rivendell

Jul 17 2007, 5:27am

Post #9 of 10 (1220 views)
Shortcut
I watched the trailer. [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks good and I hope to see it in theaters soon. I'm sure my mother would want to see this, she fears a draft in the future.

When the seas and mountains fall and we come to end of days, in the dark I hear your call calling me there, i will go there and back again.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 17 2007, 12:43pm

Post #10 of 10 (1198 views)
Shortcut
I've seen trailers [In reply to] Can't Post

before, and he seems to be quite I mild person who... changes.

I'm anxious about this one. I need him in a romantic comedy soon or I'm going to be sad.

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.