Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Pre-Order the LOTR Extended on Blu-Ray with Digital Copy!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Mar 7 2011, 7:27am

Post #1 of 107 (4747 views)
Shortcut
Pre-Order the LOTR Extended on Blu-Ray with Digital Copy! Can't Post

Fans of Blu-ray have been waiting a long time for this day! TheOneRing.net is excited to help announce the pre-order for The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-ray! Following on the heels of the wildly successful Blu-ray premier of the Original Theatrical Trilogy comes the long awaited comprehensive Limited Extended Edition Blu-ray Trilogy. Over 26 hours of Bonus Content including the rare Costa Botes documentaries that was never released before on the Extended Edition Trilogy. Nearly 5 hours of additional content. Each set includes the fan beloved Extended Editions of each film on Blu-ray plus a bonus Digital Copy of the film available online. Guess who already pre-ordered a few copies?! [Click here]

(This post was edited by calisuri on Mar 12 2011, 1:36pm)

Patty
Immortal

Mar 7 2011, 12:47pm

Post #2 of 107 (1386 views)
Shortcut
We posted this at the same time! Sorry!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 7 2011, 12:59pm

Post #3 of 107 (1504 views)
Shortcut
Where did the amazing pics of the inside come from? [In reply to] Can't Post

I checked Amazon and they only have the pic of the big box. The plot thickens... Tongue

Also, why does it say "limited"? I thought the extended editions would always be out there Crazy I hate limited stuff because I can almost never afford them outright!

Patty
Immortal

Mar 7 2011, 1:01pm

Post #4 of 107 (1566 views)
Shortcut
They may be talking about those Limited Editions that came out a while back, which [In reply to] Can't Post

were DVD, and which included the Costa Bates documentaries. Many fans, myself included, were angered that you had to buy the movies over again just to get those docs and refused to buy it. Now they are being released again with the new Blu-ray EEs. Worth it, I'd say, except I'll bet dollars to donuts that all the special features, including this documentary will be in SD, not high def.

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Mar 7 2011, 1:10pm

Post #5 of 107 (1522 views)
Shortcut
Cool!...Wait...what the? [In reply to] Can't Post

PRODUCT ALERT:
"The Lord of the Rings (Extended Editions)" is scheduled to be released on Blu-ray in 2011 or 2012."

Photobucket
<<<<There is a long road yet>>>>

Patty
Immortal

Mar 7 2011, 1:28pm

Post #6 of 107 (1624 views)
Shortcut
I know, Pipe-Dream... [In reply to] Can't Post

and we could be waiting ages to find out when exactly it will be coming out. But the fact that Amazon now has it for pre-order makes me hope the time is drawing nearer.

I won't pre-order this, because I MUST have it the second it comes out, and unless you pay an additional fee, you could be waiting days! What my family has done with each of the Rings movies is go at mid-nite to a 24-hour store when they first put the new movies out on Monday nights. This will probably be no different.

Silmaril
Lorien

Mar 7 2011, 2:35pm

Post #7 of 107 (1438 views)
Shortcut
great, BUT no new stuff if you already have the extended and limited dvds... [In reply to] Can't Post

that's a bit sad.

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2011, 2:38pm

Post #8 of 107 (1288 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to this! [In reply to] Can't Post

I never got the Limited Editions, so it'll be nice to have those extras. I really do hope that they'll fit the full movies onto single discs rather than split into two, but I'll take what I get. Tongue It's another reason to buy LotR, and that's what matters!

"Oh, the cleverness of me."

Alientraveller
Lorien

Mar 7 2011, 2:42pm

Post #9 of 107 (1535 views)
Shortcut
Looks amazing alright [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'll wait for The Hobbit films when I get the whole Middle-earth saga on Blu-ray.

Timdalf
Rivendell

Mar 7 2011, 3:06pm

Post #10 of 107 (1369 views)
Shortcut
I just wish they would fix... [In reply to] Can't Post

...some of the glaring continuity problems!!!... That alone would make buying this all over again even in Blu-Ray well worth it. But I ain't holdin' me breath!
Timdalf the cranky!

Zizix
Rivendell

Mar 7 2011, 3:17pm

Post #11 of 107 (1277 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

Still no Ultimate Edition... good of them to include the Costa Botes stuff as well though.

acheron
Gondor

Mar 7 2011, 3:22pm

Post #12 of 107 (1301 views)
Shortcut
by the time that comes out [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt anyone will still be buying Blu-rays.

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Garfeimao
Rohan

Mar 7 2011, 3:55pm

Post #13 of 107 (1327 views)
Shortcut
WB must be cooperating [In reply to] Can't Post

My guess is that someone at WB sent the photo in.

Birdies have been whispering a release date, but since it was not announced here, it is by no means official yet and not fit for publication.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

jschomburg
Rivendell

Mar 7 2011, 3:57pm

Post #14 of 107 (1345 views)
Shortcut
yes, you are correct... [In reply to] Can't Post

I took the link to Amazon, and all the extras are on DVD. Too bad, they would have been really cool in BR.

Welsh hero
Gondor

Mar 7 2011, 4:08pm

Post #15 of 107 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Not on Amazon.co.uk yet [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown

Silmaril
Lorien

Mar 7 2011, 4:09pm

Post #16 of 107 (1264 views)
Shortcut
i think they will come out Xmas 2011 at the latest [In reply to] Can't Post

one year before the hobbit hits the cinemas.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2011, 4:13pm

Post #17 of 107 (1261 views)
Shortcut
No new extra materials? [In reply to] Can't Post

Think I'll pass on this for now, and wait for some ultimate edition with the Hobbit included.

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2011, 4:18pm

Post #18 of 107 (1319 views)
Shortcut
I still have not made the switch to Blu-ray... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have seen Blu-ray and it is nice...but I have delayed getting it until all of the new technology costs dropped and now it about the time to add a Blu-ray player.

What visual impact to people expect from this vs regular DVD on HD?

rings7
Rohan

Mar 7 2011, 5:02pm

Post #19 of 107 (1407 views)
Shortcut
I don't know... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this like really really worth it? Is this like an omg-it-looks-so-unbelieveably-great kinda thing?? This would be the third time i buy the trilogy. The normal edition, the EE, and now this one?

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2011, 5:44pm

Post #20 of 107 (1360 views)
Shortcut
I think I'll be waiting for the super-extended edition [In reply to] Can't Post

There's still plenty of footage that's fit for inclusion in the films, and even more that's fit for inclusion in the special features. That's what I'll be saving my money for.

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Mar 7 2011, 6:58pm

Post #21 of 107 (1428 views)
Shortcut
Are you kidding? [In reply to] Can't Post

The difference between Blu-ray and DVD is massive, assuming:
A. Your 1080p screen is big enough; and
B. You are sitting close enough.

If you have a 23" diagonal screen and you are watching from across the room, it's not going to matter at all. If you have a 52"+ screen and you are sitting <15' away, you are going to see things that just weren't visible at all in the DVD.

I waited until I paid less than $15/disc for the TE blu-rays, but I preordered the EE blu's about 8 seconds after I saw the front page here. Wink

NAArP since 2011*

*Not An Ardent Purist

Maiarmike
Grey Havens

Mar 7 2011, 6:59pm

Post #22 of 107 (1497 views)
Shortcut
I kinda doubt... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that Warner Bros. and New Line will ever let Jackson add more footage into the films, unless they let him do some ungodly Lucas-esque redo of the sfx and such. As far as special features, well, I'm disappointed they aren't including more stuff on these, such as the featurettes from the theatrical editions that they are still ripping us off with, and some potential updated featurettes that can be made with PJ et al. talking about the movies 10 years on, their legacy, and maybe how it all factors into making The Hobbit, but maybe they'll do that when they do the special features of The Hobbit.

(This post was edited by Maiarmike on Mar 7 2011, 7:01pm)

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2011, 7:18pm

Post #23 of 107 (1194 views)
Shortcut
You mean besides skin pores? ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe this will be my first Blu-ray purchase....then again, getting the potential LOTR & Hobbit combo pack would be nice too.

I never rush into new technology, you can live without it, bide your time and watch the prices fall.

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Mar 7 2011, 7:49pm

Post #24 of 107 (1204 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah, there's more... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm talking about actually seeing all the stuff going on inside Minas Tirith during the siege when there are overhead shots. I'm talking about all the fabric and weaving details in the costumes that the prop people worked so hard on but you can't see at 480i or 480p. I'm talking about the interior details of Bag End, down to and including the food.

But (like Legolas and the sea) once you see it, you wont be satisfied with anything less. For instance, the documentaries and special features are still in 480p, and not very clear 480p at that.Frown

NAArP since 2011*

*Not An Ardent Purist

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Mar 7 2011, 7:52pm

Post #25 of 107 (1274 views)
Shortcut
that really chaps my hide... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'll bet dollars to donuts that all the special features, including this documentary will be in SD, not high def.

This is the biggest shame of the Blu-Rays, to date.Frown

NAArP since 2011*

*Not An Ardent Purist

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.