The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
"It's just chaos down here!"

squire
Half-elven

Feb 6 2011, 12:39am

Post #1 of 7 (1048 views)
Shortcut
"It's just chaos down here!" Can't Post

I notice that the Old Boards are not currently available on line. I assume this has to do with the disaster the servers suffered earlier this week. Can anything be done?

I appreciate that this would be a relatively low priority for TORn's volunteer IT staff! So thanks for any efforts or response!

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd (and NOW the 4th too!) TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 6 2011, 1:02am

Post #2 of 7 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the tip [In reply to] Can't Post

That's Corvar's side of things. I'll let him know.

Thanks again! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 7 2011, 3:49pm

Post #3 of 7 (944 views)
Shortcut
It might be obvious to Corvar but... [In reply to] Can't Post

the News Archives that would normally be found at the end of this link are also off line.

It may seem like no one visits these dusty old halls anymore but I do. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Feb 7 2011, 8:23pm

Post #4 of 7 (892 views)
Shortcut
Weird. The old forums were accessible after the outage. [In reply to] Can't Post

I checked Wednesday evening, when the site came back online, and was able to open up some old RR posts.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien’s life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 7 2011, 8:28pm

Post #5 of 7 (893 views)
Shortcut
I did mention both things to him [In reply to] Can't Post

The server that the old boards are on (and a number of other items that are currently down) was affected by the electrical outage. He's working to get everything back up to speed, but he's doing it in order of 1) importance to the operation of the site and 2) amount of traffic.

It may be closer to the end of the week, or even after the weekend, until everything is back to normal. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 7 2011, 8:37pm

Post #6 of 7 (916 views)
Shortcut
I figured that both were housed in the same place and fixing one would fix the other [In reply to] Can't Post

but, not knowing for sure, I thought it was worth mentioning.

I don't actually hold this to high priority at all. But knowing he's aware of it and putting it on the list is soothing.
I surely won't be needing to access it this week!

:-)

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Feb 11 2011, 5:39am

Post #7 of 7 (1072 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

To you and Corvar. I see the old forums are accessible again.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien’s life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.