Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Anybody going to play the LOTROL stress test over the weekend?

SandWitch King
Rohan

Feb 22 2007, 6:36pm

Post #1 of 10 (912 views)
Shortcut
Anybody going to play the LOTROL stress test over the weekend? Can't Post

On TORn's front page there is a pitch to get more folks to play the on line LOTR game which is currently in Beta Testing mode.

Anybody going to take the bait? I think I might.

http://www.lotro.com/stresstest

Once upon a time I was MrCere. I still am but this name is for posting and being part of the community while that one is for official business. 8-)

Gailiana

Feb 22 2007, 9:52pm

Post #2 of 10 (254 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

In fact, I am taking the day off from work tomorrow (not just for that reason!) and will be playing as soon as it opens. I've been envying those Beta Testers for months! Although I have never successfully played an On-Line game, since it is LOTR, I am sure I'll be able to figure it out! Mostly sure.....

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 22 2007, 11:32pm

Post #3 of 10 (232 views)
Shortcut
I just had a look at the site. [In reply to] Can't Post

And since I don't have any plans (or money) this weekend I think i'm going to give it a try!

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

SandWitch King
Rohan

Feb 23 2007, 12:08am

Post #4 of 10 (230 views)
Shortcut
I think I will try it as well [In reply to] Can't Post

So, if you are on line, look around for me. I will be (hopefully) named "MrCere".

Once upon a time I was MrCere. I still am but this name is for posting and being part of the community while that one is for official business. 8-)

orc91

Feb 23 2007, 1:50am

Post #5 of 10 (219 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I'm doing it [In reply to] Can't Post

No plans for this weekend so I'm gonna start tomorrow as soon as I can.

priell3
Lorien

Feb 24 2007, 4:02pm

Post #6 of 10 (231 views)
Shortcut
Probably not the stress test... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I got the key to the Beta program so I may set that up this weekend.
My 12 year old son is better at games than I am, I'll let him test it!

SandWitch King
Rohan

Feb 24 2007, 5:10pm

Post #7 of 10 (239 views)
Shortcut
It MAY just give you the beta access too [In reply to] Can't Post

I created an account and signed up for the weekend but it says I have until April for the beta test. I think they are trying to get me addicted . . .

Anyway, looks like it might be a great entrance into the world to see how it plays.

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 25 2007, 12:34am

Post #8 of 10 (205 views)
Shortcut
RE [In reply to] Can't Post

I was one of the beta testers. I played the game extensively and I can't recommend it highly enough. It is a great game. They got the gameplay right AND the lore. You all will love it.

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter #43, to his son Michael

Eothain
The Shire

Feb 25 2007, 11:53am

Post #9 of 10 (242 views)
Shortcut
Give it a try [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been in the EU version since Alpha, even though only Eriador will be in the original release if you are a Tolkien fan you really should give this a try. Codemasters (the EU publishers) are currently considering a dedicated roleplay server for when the game goes live too.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 7 2007, 5:11pm

Post #10 of 10 (750 views)
Shortcut
I ... I get test anxiety... // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.