Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
"Geek Love"

ladydi1984

Jan 24 2011, 11:32am

Post #1 of 4 (486 views)
Shortcut
"Geek Love" Can't Post

Last week's Boston Globe Sunday Magazine's "Coupling" section was so cute (all about how an LOTR fan can find love), thought I'd share...

http://www.boston.com/...e_outside_his_realm/

Di

SevekEssa
The Shire

Jan 24 2011, 3:59pm

Post #2 of 4 (346 views)
Shortcut
Great article! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know exactly how he feels, or felt. Sounds like he's doing okay now. Maybe there is hope!

Patty
Immortal

Jan 24 2011, 7:33pm

Post #3 of 4 (315 views)
Shortcut
Haaahaaahaa... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, you need to specify which trilogy. I'm not a "geek" for Star Wars, but I believe I could name all 9 members of the Fellowship of the Ring.Sly

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

alienorchid
Lorien

Jan 25 2011, 9:49am

Post #4 of 4 (325 views)
Shortcut
Geek love <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

I grew up in a tiny little town inhabited by farmers and tourism operators - dating in high school was impossible and I believed for my whole teen years that I'd never find someone who was as passionate about education, reading, and being obsessed with (insert phase here) as I was!

I moved to the city as soon as I could and fell in with a club at university that was pretty much made up of 100% geeks, of some form or another. I found that it didn't matter what area of geekdom they resided in - I could relate to the passion and dedication.

I now live with my music/videogame/starwars geek partner, and we learn so much from eachother. He has watched all extended edition LotR + making of + commentaries with me, and has started asking questions... "so what's the significance of that ring Aragorn is wearing?", "Why are everyone in Rohan called 'eo-something'?" and more recently, "So, who ARE the Children of Hurin, and why are they a big deal?". My flatmates in the last few years have consisted of a SCAdian (medievaly stuff), a sysadmin, a comic book/sci fi geek, music/sci fi geek, an astrophysics/sci fi/theatre/metal geek, and a dude obsessed with rocks. I consider myself *very* lucky!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.