Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Posting from the Home Page article "Elijah Wood Speaks Even More About "The Hobbit"

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12 2011, 4:06pm

Views: 1582
Shortcut
Posting from the Home Page article "Elijah Wood Speaks Even More About "The Hobbit" [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's another neat interview with Elijah Wood (this time courtesy of Collider.com) concerning his return to Middle-earth as Frodo Baggins and having Peter Jackson return to the director's chair after Guillermo del Toro's departure.

From Collider.com:

COLLIDER: Was there a chance that you wouldn’t be able to do The Hobbit because of Wilfred?

WOOD: No. As it was always with The Hobbit, they wanted to do it very early in their schedule, so it just happened to work out very well.

COLLIDER: So, did you always know that you were going to be going back and doing it?

WOOD: I didn’t always know. I had an idea.

COLLIDER: What’s it like to be returning to Middle Earth again?

WOOD: It’s a gift. We’re now going on over a decade since I went out to New Zealand to start The Lord of the Rings, so it’s just going to be a beautiful reunion. I was actually out there in February and a lot of the same crew and designers, and so many of the family are a part of making The Hobbit as well. It’s just going to be a beautiful, very surreal reunion.

COLLIDER: Does it make it that much more special to have Peter Jackson back for it?

WOOD: Yes, absolutely. I was very excited at the prospect of Guillermo [Del Toro] doing it. I’m a huge fan of Guillermo’s work and he’s a wonderful man, but it obviously makes it that much more special that Peter is doing it. It’s going to be a true reunion, in that sense.

COLLIDER: Who else is coming back?

WOOD: Ian McKellan is back. Andy Serkis is reprising his role as Gollum. Cate Blanchett is coming back as Galadriel. There’s a few others from the original trilogy.

COLLIDER: When will you start filming?

WOOD: Sometime in February.

COLLIDER: That soon?

WOOD: Yeah.

COLLIDER: How long will the shoot be?

WOOD: They’re going for over a year. They’ve got two films to make.

Subject User Time
It's Really Official Now: Wood & Serkis Press Release News from Bree Send a private message to News from Bree Jan 11 2011, 8:35am
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too awesome! :o) // Earl Send a private message to Earl Jan 11 2011, 1:42pm
        Um ..... DamienEngland Send a private message to DamienEngland Jan 11 2011, 2:43pm
            Yeah, I too was wondering about that... Earl Send a private message to Earl Jan 11 2011, 2:53pm
                Yeah, I wonder if he will macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Jan 11 2011, 2:58pm
                    Hugo Weaving Turambar Send a private message to Turambar Jan 11 2011, 4:37pm
                        You are right macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Jan 11 2011, 4:40pm
                            Another thing as well Turambar Send a private message to Turambar Jan 11 2011, 4:53pm
        just signed up THORISBAK Send a private message to THORISBAK Jan 12 2011, 11:15am
            Hi THORISBAK... Earl Send a private message to Earl Jan 12 2011, 11:20am
    Elijah Wood Carne Send a private message to Carne Jan 11 2011, 2:49pm
        There are plenty of us not bothered- or even happy- that he's in it Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Jan 11 2011, 5:00pm
            Put me in the happy column :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 12 2011, 3:06am
        He's narrating Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero Jan 11 2011, 5:00pm
    We have our Gollum back, woohoo (nt) Garfeimao Send a private message to Garfeimao Jan 11 2011, 6:14pm
    Time to be THAT guy again duats Send a private message to duats Jan 11 2011, 7:47pm
    Cool Maiarmike Send a private message to Maiarmike Jan 11 2011, 8:32pm
    Now I'm just waiting for Serkis to be announced as Smaug... that's what will make me happy!// Milknut Send a private message to Milknut Jan 12 2011, 5:37am
        I doubt that any announcement will be made about Smaug at all. Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Jan 12 2011, 3:22pm
    Posting from the Home Page article "Elijah Wood Speaks About "The Hobbit"" Earl Send a private message to Earl Jan 12 2011, 10:17am
    Posting from the Home Page article "Elijah Wood Speaks Even More About "The Hobbit" Earl Send a private message to Earl Jan 12 2011, 4:06pm
        It's McKellen! *Grr* :-) Snulle Send a private message to Snulle Jan 12 2011, 7:19pm
            Noticed this case too. macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Jan 12 2011, 7:26pm
            Actually Bran Send a private message to Bran Jan 12 2011, 7:34pm
    Elijah/Frodo's return willowgreylock Send a private message to willowgreylock Jan 12 2011, 8:46pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.