Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
How many copies of Lord of the Rings (the book(s)) do you own?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: How many copies of Lord of the Rings (the book(s)) do you own?
10+
View Results (45 votes)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 7 2011, 1:18am

Post #26 of 35 (539 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, but the Aragorn in the BBC version [In reply to] Can't Post

sounded like Pontius Pilate in Life of Brian...

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jan 7 2011, 3:01am

Post #27 of 35 (535 views)
Shortcut
Three... [In reply to] Can't Post

and always looking for more...

RosieLass
Valinor

Jan 7 2011, 5:55am

Post #28 of 35 (574 views)
Shortcut
*counts on fingers* [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think so.

I think I threw them in to balance the copy I gave away. Otherwise, my total would have been 5 1/2. Cool

Oh wait! I forgot I also have that terrible American dramatization that I have never been able to sit through. So 6 1/2!

(This post was edited by RosieLass on Jan 7 2011, 5:56am)

Patty
Immortal

Jan 7 2011, 7:21am

Post #29 of 35 (552 views)
Shortcut
You don't like Robert Stephens' Aragorn? [In reply to] Can't Post

I LOVE him. That was Maggie Smith's husband at one time.

For a giggle, take a look at The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie and hear that voice coming out of the artist who seduces one of the Brodie girls. You'd never think it was the same guy.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jan 7 2011, 2:50pm

Post #30 of 35 (567 views)
Shortcut
Welease Wodewick! [In reply to] Can't Post

If I'm thinking of the version I think I'm thinking of, that's how he sounds to me ;-/

Patty
Immortal

Jan 7 2011, 3:07pm

Post #31 of 35 (553 views)
Shortcut
This is the guy who talks in... [In reply to] Can't Post

what is, I think, called BBC English. Or at least, he used to. He doesn't do any talking nowadays.Heart

batik
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2011, 6:50am

Post #32 of 35 (591 views)
Shortcut
3? [In reply to] Can't Post

The same all-in-one softcover edition and the same hardcover set as shown in Magpie's post and a set (plus an extra copy of TTT) of the Ballentine paperbacks. One TTT has a price of $1.25 and the other $2.50..hmmm the first is noted as "The Authorized Edition" but not the second. Not a big collector of anything but its fun to browse used bookstores and see what treasures are on the shelves.

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 9 2011, 12:18pm

Post #33 of 35 (619 views)
Shortcut
Two. I used to have three. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got a paperback three-volume set, although it doesn't match because my original Fellowship fell to bits and had to be replaced (the others are heading that way - I should probably just buy a new three-volume set that does match), and a large, one-volume illustrated edition in French that I bought myself as a 21st birthday present. I used to have another one-volume edition which was printed on that very thin paper Bibles are often printed on, which made it ultra-portable. I took it to NZ with me - can't go off to live abroad without your favourite book, after all - but unfortunately it got soaked when I was sailing and I reluctantly threw it away. Frown

StarElf
Rohan

Jan 10 2011, 9:35am

Post #34 of 35 (527 views)
Shortcut
Just one at the moment [In reply to] Can't Post

Just one at the moment, though I am planning to get a couple of copies in Spanish and Japanese. Wink

Turambar
Bree

Jan 11 2011, 4:44pm

Post #35 of 35 (556 views)
Shortcut
3 as far as I'm aware [In reply to] Can't Post

I currently own the omnibus edition with illustrations by Alan Lee, a 3-book set from some time in the 1970's and the 7-book edition that was released around the time of the Fellowship's theatrical release.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.