Scenes From The Hat
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Dec 16 2010, 2:36pm

Post #1 of 76 (1109 views)
Shortcut
Scenes From The Hat Can't Post

Merry Week Before Christmas, TORnadoes! Today's installment of SFTH was suggested by the lovely and talented weaver.

Things not to do at Galadriel and Celeborn's Christmas Party.

Remember your // for subject only posts and PM me with your fabulous ideas for a future SFTH!

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

sador
Half-elven

Dec 16 2010, 3:00pm

Post #2 of 76 (735 views)
Shortcut
Don't touch the "water" if you are less than three centuries old. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Welcome, and well met!" - Gloin.

The weekly discussion of The Lord of the Rings is back! Please join us in the Reading Room.

"Lying by omission seems to happen a lot in this trilogy."
- Milady.

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 16 2010, 3:00pm

Post #3 of 76 (736 views)
Shortcut
Dress up like an orc and jump out from behind a bush and yell BOO!\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 16 2010, 3:23pm

Post #4 of 76 (731 views)
Shortcut
Have the Elven scribe make a copy of a certain part of your anatomy. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Give someone a fish and they eat for one day.

Teach someone to fish and they find the One Ring, burrow under the Misty Mountains, and eat for the rest of their lives.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 16 2010, 3:24pm

Post #5 of 76 (731 views)
Shortcut
Sample the Egg Nog (carries a First Age best before date). // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 16 2010, 3:32pm

Post #6 of 76 (730 views)
Shortcut
Burp the Song of Eärendil / [In reply to] Can't Post

Teach someone to fish and they find the One Ring, burrow under the Misty Mountains, and eat for the rest of their lives.

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 16 2010, 4:11pm

Post #7 of 76 (726 views)
Shortcut
Come out in a toga with a fruit cake and yell 'FOOD FIGHT!'\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Dec 16 2010, 4:14pm

Post #8 of 76 (726 views)
Shortcut
Show up in a Santa costume that looks too dwarvish // [In reply to] Can't Post

The wide world is all about you:
you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out

You can only come to the morning through the shadows

weaver
Half-elven

Dec 16 2010, 4:17pm

Post #9 of 76 (727 views)
Shortcut
Telling that funny story about Celeborn and some dwarf-women....// [In reply to] Can't Post

Weaver

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 16 2010, 4:27pm

Post #10 of 76 (727 views)
Shortcut
Ask Celeborn how things are going with the ol' lady. / [In reply to] Can't Post

weaver
Half-elven

Dec 16 2010, 5:36pm

Post #11 of 76 (756 views)
Shortcut
Mistaking Galadriel's well for the punch bowl...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Weaver

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Dec 16 2010, 8:35pm

Post #12 of 76 (741 views)
Shortcut
Show up in a Santa costume and yell "All you elves get back to work!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 16 2010, 9:16pm

Post #13 of 76 (735 views)
Shortcut
Repeatedly asking "Tell me, where is Santa for I much desire to speak with him" then laughing hysterically. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Dec 16 2010, 9:21pm

Post #14 of 76 (749 views)
Shortcut
Brag about YOUR cookie recipe // [In reply to] Can't Post

The wide world is all about you:
you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out

You can only come to the morning through the shadows

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 16 2010, 9:34pm

Post #15 of 76 (777 views)
Shortcut
Repeatedly playing the recording "Jingle Bells" by Saruman and His Singing Wargs. / [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Dec 16 2010, 9:35pm)

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

Dec 17 2010, 1:44am

Post #16 of 76 (713 views)
Shortcut
Tell Galadriel that the Christmas dress she picked is less than flattering.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Roast chicken?!

You're taller. Who? You. Then what? Then me! I've always been taller than you. Pippin, everyone knows you're the short one. I'm the tall one. Please Merry. Your what? Three foot six at the most. Whereas I'm pushing three seven. Three eight! Three foot eight! You did something.

It's Latin. Loosely translated, it means... we cheat.

"Strange treasures in this fair world appear, strange all, and new to me." That is a poem by Thomas Traherne and I have absolutely no idea what it's about. But, when I was small I was made to learn it by heart so I don't see why you shouldn't suffer too.

squire
Half-elven

Dec 17 2010, 1:46am

Post #17 of 76 (716 views)
Shortcut
Send Galadriel an anonymous note saying "I know what you did in the First Age." // [In reply to] Can't Post

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd (and NOW the 4th too!) TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

Dec 17 2010, 1:46am

Post #18 of 76 (719 views)
Shortcut
That post made ME laugh hysterically!!!! Amazing post Darkstone!!! Mind if I use it for a sig?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Roast chicken?!

You're taller. Who? You. Then what? Then me! I've always been taller than you. Pippin, everyone knows you're the short one. I'm the tall one. Please Merry. Your what? Three foot six at the most. Whereas I'm pushing three seven. Three eight! Three foot eight! You did something.

It's Latin. Loosely translated, it means... we cheat.

"Strange treasures in this fair world appear, strange all, and new to me." That is a poem by Thomas Traherne and I have absolutely no idea what it's about. But, when I was small I was made to learn it by heart so I don't see why you shouldn't suffer too.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 17 2010, 1:53am

Post #19 of 76 (713 views)
Shortcut
*snert* good one Auntie. / [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Dec 17 2010, 1:55am

Post #20 of 76 (717 views)
Shortcut
Sing "Deck the halls tra-la-la-lally." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 17 2010, 2:04am

Post #21 of 76 (742 views)
Shortcut
Don't bring fruitcake. They still haven't eaten the one they were given at their very first Christmas party.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 17 2010, 3:33am

Post #22 of 76 (707 views)
Shortcut
Yes, i had a one of those too. 2nd that.\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Dec 17 2010, 4:12am

Post #23 of 76 (709 views)
Shortcut
Heeheeheeheehee!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfect!Sly

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Dec 17 2010, 4:13am

Post #24 of 76 (708 views)
Shortcut
Hawww!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Dec 17 2010, 4:14am

Post #25 of 76 (736 views)
Shortcut
Hahaha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wins the "Best Creative Silly" prize! Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.