The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
The Lord of the Rings Online: Yule Festival

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Dec 14 2010, 1:15pm

Post #1 of 6 (346 views)
Shortcut
The Lord of the Rings Online: Yule Festival Can't Post

Beginning today (December 14th), the residents of Winter-home invite you to celebrate the season with them during this year's Yule Festival – and what a celebration it will be!

The town of Winter-home is a beautiful new Winter Festival region and this year's LOTRO Yule Festival is a winter wonderland of activities:

• New Quests – Help the residents of Winter-home with the final touches for the celebration

• Snowball Fight – Check out the Snowball arena where you can challenge your friends to a frosty duel

• Theatre Event – Head over to the local playhouse to catch the seasonal show

• Eating Contest – Get your fill of pies, eggs, mushrooms and more in the Winter-home eating contest

• Festival Square – Check out the local vendor, meet up with your fellows, or raise a mug to toast the season

[gallery]

Check out the Yule Festival Developer Diary to learn more!

Wraith Buster
Gondor

Dec 15 2010, 12:35am

Post #2 of 6 (192 views)
Shortcut
I wish.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I could play LOTRO but I don't have Internet at my house and (*sniff*) I don't live at a coffee shop!

Bustin' makes me feel good!!

I do believe if our honorable friend continues to scrape the bottom of the barrel for objections he is in danger of getting splinters under his fingernails.

Have you heard nothing of the stubbornness of dwarves and their elf
instigators?

The dark spybot will not avail you, flame of Ubuntu!

RosieLass
Valinor

Dec 15 2010, 4:56pm

Post #3 of 6 (140 views)
Shortcut
I spent some time at their new festival area, Winter-home. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's pretty cool, and there are several quests there for festival tokens. I won enough tokens to get the festival horse, but I just can't seem to win the stupid horse race to earn the mount. Unimpressed

The snowball fight is amusing, and apparently I'm not very good at gluttony, because the face-stuffing quest defeats me every time.

I shoo'd the beggars away once, but I felt like such a heel that I don't think I'll be repeating that one. I much prefer to pick the pockets of the rich people and give the money to the beggars. Even if the ultimate reward is raggedy clothes instead of a posh outfit. Sly

The regular festival areas probably have the usual stuff -- dances and etc. I haven't visited those yet.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

RosieLass
Valinor

Dec 15 2010, 4:58pm

Post #4 of 6 (152 views)
Shortcut
Oh, and the playhouse is a hoot! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can buy flowers and rotten fruit to throw at the actors, and you might even get chosen to be an extra yourself! (Although it would be nice if they gave you a chance to say no thanks. In case it wasn't convenient...)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

TolkienOtaku
Rivendell

Dec 15 2010, 8:59pm

Post #5 of 6 (137 views)
Shortcut
Did you notice the critics? [In reply to] Can't Post

They sit up in a balcony at stage left and are always heckling the actors. Their names? Statdor and Waldo.

So many are still waiting for their new beginning. Their birth by sleep. Even me, and even you.

RosieLass
Valinor

Dec 15 2010, 9:18pm

Post #6 of 6 (321 views)
Shortcut
LOL! No! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have to check them out tonight! Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.