Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
The dementors VS the Witch King and the other Nazgul.

Tyler
Lorien

Jun 26 2007, 4:24am

Post #1 of 9 (2932 views)
Shortcut
The dementors VS the Witch King and the other Nazgul. Can't Post

9 Nazgul and there king with blades that cuts through alot . 9 dementors with there soul sucking power one week have fun.Even though i suppose Nasgul have no souls so my vote goes with themEvil.

Never doubt that a small group of peple can change the world indeed,that is the onely thing that ever has......Margaret mead

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 26 2007, 5:50am

Post #2 of 9 (534 views)
Shortcut
Nazgul [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt they have any happy memories left for the Dementors to use against them.

And I'll go with wraiths who exist in both the shadow world and the world of Men, against Dementors who exist only on one plane.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Jun 26 2007, 4:32pm

Post #3 of 9 (536 views)
Shortcut
Dude .. the Dementors ARE Nazgul! [In reply to] Can't Post

Supernatural? Check.
Black robes? Check.
Project fear, despair and terror? Check.
Agents of empty, soulless evil? Check.

Since the Nazgul are the original, innovative embodiment of this concept, I think they'll kick the Dementors' collective derivative butts.

100% Nazgul -- accept no imitations!

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 26 2007, 4:41pm

Post #4 of 9 (494 views)
Shortcut
How does one kill a Dementor? [In reply to] Can't Post

We know the Nazgul are vulnerable to the sword but we've only seen spells take care of Dementors. But then again, Dementors don't use swords, just the kiss of death (or whatever Rowling offically named it). Do Nazgul have enough of a soul left to remove? I'll give it to the Nazgul, assuming they can find a way to kill a Dementor.

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 26 2007, 7:00pm

Post #5 of 9 (534 views)
Shortcut
Nazgul [In reply to] Can't Post

While the rest of the Nazgul keep the Dementors busy, WiKi herds together a gross of hobbits. Of course the proximity of the Dementors get the hobbits all depressed. Meanwhile Khamul shows up with a firetruck full of chocolate and begins hosing the Dementors down, neutalizing their depression power and immobilizing them in a thick chocolate shell. WiKi lets loose the depressed hobbits and, Presto!, *burp* no more Dementors!

Three meals for the Elven-kings high on the sky flet,
Three for the Dwarf-lords meat ripe off the bone
Three for Mortal Men doomed to diet,
Seven for the Halflings of Hobbiton!
In the Land of the Shire where the Taters fry.
Seven meals to rule them all, seven meals to find them,
Seven meals to bring them all and at the Party bind them
In the Land of the Shire where the Taters fry.

Tyler
Lorien

Jun 27 2007, 11:54pm

Post #6 of 9 (674 views)
Shortcut
Thats some big hobbits. [In reply to] Can't Post

But hobbits do eat alot in a day i like this idea.

Never doubt that a small group of peple can change the world indeed,that is the onely thing that ever has......Margaret mead

Tyler
Lorien

Jul 1 2007, 11:23am

Post #7 of 9 (583 views)
Shortcut
I am closing this down a day early for i will not be on the computer tomorrow [In reply to] Can't Post

The winner is the Witch King and his army doomd to die.

Tyler
Lorien

Jul 2 2007, 11:59am

Post #8 of 9 (2839 views)
Shortcut
This ended up being a good battle. Ty to all that posted. [In reply to] Can't Post

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 2:50pm

Post #9 of 9 (54 views)
Shortcut
nazgul [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.