The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BBC: Martin Freeman 'already fitted for Hobbit make-up'

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Nov 29 2010, 8:15am

Post #1 of 8 (1288 views)
Shortcut
BBC: Martin Freeman 'already fitted for Hobbit make-up' Can't Post

Actor Martin Freeman has been fitted for prosthetics to play Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit, he has told the BBC.

"I've had wig, feet, ears," he revealed at the Evening Standard theatre awards on Sunday. "Full steam ahead for me to look like Bilbo."

Clybourne Park - in which Freeman starred - won best play at the event.

He said it was "really disappointing" he would not be able to perform in the West End transfer of the play because of his Hobbit commitments.

"In an actor's life, there are so many times you hear 'this will definitely go into the West End' - and it doesn't," he told the BBC news website.

"I've heard that so many times, and the one time I do have the West End transfer, I can't do it.

"it's for a lucky good reason that I can't do it," he continued. "But I will feel a bit of a pang of regret that I'm not with them, definitely."

[Read More] (thanks to Ringer Izzy for the tip!)

nobofthepony
Lorien

Nov 29 2010, 3:50pm

Post #2 of 8 (653 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm...West End or Hobbit...such a hard choice // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Nov 29 2010, 3:56pm

Post #3 of 8 (693 views)
Shortcut
You work hard for something and when it actually happens [In reply to] Can't Post

but you can't go along with it because of another obligation will still cause a pang of regret (even if it is the Hobbit). I would expect Martin to feel the tug as he seems such a nice and conscionable person.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
New Zealand is Middle-earth & today life is good.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.

Photobucket

Patty
Immortal

Nov 29 2010, 7:34pm

Post #4 of 8 (595 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I can understand that too. If it's of any consulation to him... [In reply to] Can't Post

plays are not often put on a permanent medium, like DVD--more people will see him in The Hobbit, and it will last as long as there is a method to view such things (and download). A performance, though great, is so fleeting.

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Doriath
Rivendell

Nov 29 2010, 9:34pm

Post #5 of 8 (568 views)
Shortcut
Choose middle earth every time [In reply to] Can't Post

No contest. Hands down. For the win.

Gives it to us in glorious 2D!

sticklebat
Lorien

Dec 1 2010, 12:19am

Post #6 of 8 (480 views)
Shortcut
Joy... [In reply to] Can't Post

...couldnt be happier to read Slythat.

Tri duath telich na estel lin...a si gerich naid bain anirach.

luvgabe
The Shire

Dec 2 2010, 1:19pm

Post #7 of 8 (466 views)
Shortcut
Freeman will be a perfect Bilbo [In reply to] Can't Post

I was one of those freaks who'd never seen Martin Freeman in an acting role, so I withheld my opinion in the discussion about whether he'd be good as Bilbo. But I've now seen him in Sherlock. Freeman will be wonderful as Bilbo. Inspired casting, Peter Jackson!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." --Gandalf the Grey

Gryffindorfan687

Dec 3 2010, 8:20pm

Post #8 of 8 (477 views)
Shortcut
I'm the same. [In reply to] Can't Post

I never saw Martin Freeman in much until Sherlock. Which is like the best show ever by the way. I think he's a great choice. I wish it was possible to get Ian Holmes again but he's a little old now. I'm just happy the movie is actually happening.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.